Discontinued Inhalater INH05/5S/6

Ruta

My mate was sent a video by Greg at Inhalater about doing something to the switch, can't remember what though, sorry, but If you mail Inhalater they will definitely help you, i found their customer service spot on. I had problems with mine at the start but they sorted it and now it's 6 months later and all is still good, i love it, knocked the baccy for this last 6 months so just that alone makes me love my INH05. Maybe the news about the 06 being out already miffs me a bit but then that's the rapid world of portable vapes :)
On a side note, anybody tried their after vape 'waste' on a cracker with some cheese, lovely nutty flavour that def hits the spot, a nice end to the day :)

Old School

Vape13man
I can't for the life of me get the cap off haha. Twisted to off position, putting all my thumb strength into pushing the dial where auto is (I think I just have weak thumbs!). They sure haven't made removing the battery easy!

Edit: I got it off! Took the battery out and put it back in, still no joy. Anything else to try? Or is it time to send it back over the Atlantic?
Yea you only have that oiling the switch arm and wiper inside the potentiometer idea left to try.... a tiny drop under the small plastic circle that covers and protects the wiper arm.... however after that you have pretty much tried everything there is to try....sorry...

:peace:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Warmen the video Ruta mentions has gone. It basically showed some one moving the spring on the potentiometer with a scalpel. The first unit I've had a problem with has never come back to life. I've been in sporadic contact with Gregg et al. I genuinely like the product so I bought another from @VapeFiend.com in their 420 deal. Second unit lasted two weeks thankfully the guys at Vapefiend have been, how do I phrase it, fucking brilliant. They received my broken one Thursday and posted me out a new one on Friday and it is due to arrive today, Sat., customer service above and beyond.
I think all manufacturers should take a leaf out of their book. If you want to build a good customer base then treat them well and they will come back. If this unit fails then I shall look at buying another companies product.
@Warmen the postal costs make returning it cost prohibitive and if it gets lost on its way there or the new one disappears en route back to you then it's your expensive loss. Inhalaters terms and conditions have got this sewn up tighter than tight. All well and good if you live in Canada but tough if you don't.
@peterpiper in my experience you can't go wrong with Vapefiend
@Ruta your fucking crackers lol

phattpiggie,

killick

But I like it!
Given my recent experience of sending a vape from Canada to Spain for $9, and Spain to Canada for $11, I dunno why it's such a cluster fudge to send stuff to Canada from other places. Everything had to come from somewhere, and sometimes there is a bit of inconvenience involved. Welcome to globalization, smile and send it back for repair. If it's too 'insert generic reason here', that's not anyone else's issue really.

Sorry for being a bit blunt, but if everything was made in the same place the world would be much more flat ;)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@killick No worries I like blunt. No pun intended. That was good value when I enquired to get a parcel to Canada in a reasonable time it was going to be £65. It makes a it not worth your while. I get stuff from China and for a couple of extra quid it arrives in 7-10 days. No idea why it was so expensive. I have relatives over there and have had a lot of things take months to arrive or they never do. Just my experience of it. I have no doubt others will have had different outcomes.

killick

But I like it!
Heya @phatpiggie

Interestingly I lived in the UK for a bunch of years, London, East Grinstead, Colchester and Aberdeen, plus lots of traveling around. Shipping from UK to Canada for parcels is cheaper than sending from Canada to the UK, which is still pretty reasonable. I used to get Jalapeño potato chips, Hawkins Cheezies, and Wheetabix shipped over all the time. Maybe you are over-insuring?

christohari

With mass drop. Will inhalator honor it with a price that cheap?
With Massdrop, they generally will contact the manufacturer directly, order a large bulk order, then when it gets to massdrop warehouse they ship it. The short answer, yea dude they will honor it.

christohari,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
With Massdrop, they generally will contact the manufacturer directly, order a large bulk order, then when it gets to massdrop warehouse they ship it. The short answer, yea dude they will honor it.
Actually, it's usually a third party distributor that mass drop contacts. Which is why herbalizer didn't honor the warranty. Check with @Inhalater

Just emailed them, awaiting a response.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hi, I'm new here, so apologies if my questions have already been answered.
I swear I used the search function!, and tried labouring through page after page of this thread(no luck).
So:
Is there any glass GonG adaptors that fit the Inhalater?

If not, has anyone attempted a DIY solution?

Does Inhalator have any UK distribution where I can get the plastic glass adapter? (prefer glass, but needs must...)

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Copacetic,

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
U can get a glass tube from vapefiend (out of stock) is not a gong but I'm sure it can b adapted

peterpiper,

christohari

Actually, it's usually a third party distributor that mass drop contacts. Which is why herbalizer didn't honor the warranty. Check with @Inhalater

Just emailed them, awaiting a response.
I know that was the case with the VapeXHale/CloudEVO unit (they included the paid 3yr warranty as well). I guess they dont do it for all the products.

christohari,

Copacetic

Yeah peterpiper. I've seen several things which might work, but don't know the outside diameter of the INH05 capsule,

Would anyone here be kind enough to measure either a glass or polyimide capsule please?

I'm considering the Ascent GonG adapter available from Vapefiend, which has a 9.07mm OD (I believe).

It's far too long, but that's easily remedied, and I'm thinking that if it's a little too narrow to fit snugly into the INH I could use the polyimide shell from a standard capsule to wrap around the stem of the Ascent GonG.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Yeah peterpiper. I've seen several things which might work, but don't know the outside diameter of the INH05 capsule,

Would anyone here be kind enough to measure either a glass or polyimide capsule please?

I'm considering the Ascent GonG adapter available from Vapefiend, which has a 9.07mm OD (I believe).

It's far too long, but that's easily remedied, and I'm thinking that if it's a little too narrow to fit snugly into the INH I could use the polyimide shell from a standard capsule to wrap around the stem of the Ascent GonG.
i have the ascent gong and the inh05s ill give it a try
:)

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Well gang the ascent gong is a hair small. I laid it next to the glass capsule and it might be less than a millimeter smaller. Shucks! Maybe with the polymide wrap? We'll do more testing :)

Custom Flower Hardware,

Copacetic

Well gang the ascent gong is a hair small. I laid it next to the glass capsule and it might be less than a millimeter smaller. Shucks! Maybe with the polymide wrap? We'll do more testing :)
Maybe hold off on the further testing.
I asked this question of Inhalater themselves too, and they replied just now that sticking non Inhalater parts into the INH05 will invalidate warranty!

I'm sure that something too small wouldn't damage anything, but who knows what something fractionally too large would do.

Since I wanted GonG, INH suggests their own water tool, and the glass capsule.
They say this is Gong.
I say- not quite, as there's exposed plastic in the vapour path.
But I suppose it's minimal, and there's already polyimide in the air pass elsewhere amyway.

They also stated that the glass cap's are 10.3mm OD.

Trouble is that shipping of the water tool adapter from Canada to me will likely be ridiculously expensive (yet to check that though)

Thanks for trying this though ShayWhiteGro.
I'm going to keep looking for a better GonG than INH's one.

I'm not going to even ask about custom made though!

Top Bottom