Discontinued Inhalater INH05/5S/6

play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned

Unapproved commercial account.
yeah mahn.

I received it finally. After two weeks of mulling it over and over again & waiting and Waiting for minutes after I ordered it. I took A GIGANTIC day and a half of waiting after I pay paled the manufacturer and I received this PACKAGE in the mail from ELECTRO DISTRIBUTIONS in Quebec, Montreal to be exact, and EYE really jeffrey healalized that I was in a dream where I once was skeptical, and couldn't SEE THE LIGHT quite yet, but found this GIGANTIC piece of EYE CANDY in the window there over at INHALATER's window. It was my 004xp model back in 2013 that I ordered. I loved it then, ,still do now, and IT's on deck to use right next to me in my pocket next to the new one which I just tried, the new 06 with the button.

I couldn't resist buying into a life saver of a device way back when in 2013, just 5 years after angel eyes died here in the T DOT 416. from cancer after a stellar career, probably from smoking dubbies, buddies!

I'm gunna come back with a 06 review later but I love all 3 devices - it saves me every day from smoking and gives me a better hi to sustain my day as a I drift off but mellow to a comfortable work strain of daily chores and mundane activities whatever it is that consumes my day that day. It makes it a bit better, and way better than smoking, no ugly smell to it, no coughing, nothing.

anyways, I'm using the 06 once for now, with the glass cap, it was included in the mix, so I have to admit the taste thru the glass is a ton better than the caps, but I'm usually using the bong with those other devices.

I'll get back when I've refocused on the full review, and I'll keep ya posted, I LOVE Shay White Grow's kit, it's too.....

wow!
gunna go vape and get back to y'all and test this thing solid.

in ha LATER

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned it will be interesting to see how you find the glass over the polyimide. Superior taste as you've already said.
The 05 I have doesn't fully extract using glass. I proved this to myself using a buddies Storm loaded with my 05 leftovers. The Storm produced thick heavy clouds where my 05 had finished. Maybe it's just mine as I said before the heater unit does look like it's been in an RTA.
Looking forward to hearing back from you. I don't use bongs or other devices not my cuppa t. I always think the glass ends up looking crack pipe'ish. I clean mine regularly. Be nice to see your set up in action.

Maybe you could do the battery test thing I mentioned be interesting to know what results you get.

I'm hanging in for the latest in a new line of convection vapes. All wood body coupled with a nice clean airpath, in comparison to others, and if I jump in early a lifetime warranty.

Old School

Vape13man
I'm also finding myself mildly interested in what you will think of the infamous "Turbo Button" don't get me wrong I do like it but my GF took a very long time before she would even use mine.....
I think it might be one of those love hate things.... if you figure out what it is good for and therefore figure out how to use it effectively.... Well then of course you would love it.....
On the other hand if you only manage to frustrate yourself by over cooking too soon, scorching ruining flavor verses extending it as prescribed.... Well then you will certainly hate it....
I found I had to do the prewarming before handing it to her then things flowed a bit smoother during a together session..... she has now gotten the hang of it but it did take awhile.... I found I've had to do the same for friends at the beach too.....:doh:

Many of them will still reach for it but then pull their hands back it they see it has the button on it..... and likewise a sigh of relief when I hand them the non button..... of course I'm handing them a INH5"S" when it is w/o the button so it is twice as powerful.... so not really an apples to apples..... but still it is noticeable folks aren't fans .... that is until they climb aboard.... which usually only takes a few of my prewarmed inhalations for them to become very interested... then soon after figure out how I'm doing it...... much like the Love Hate w/FF... hmmm makes sense...

At which point it's "ALL ABOARD"..... next stop vapedville.....:tup:

It will be very interesting to see where you end up with your new toy...... enjoy you picked a great weekend to christen your new INH06.... I'm headed to the beach should be a beautiful set tonight....:peace:

Last edited:
Old School,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@PPN now you see here's where the build quality of the 05 comes into question.
My unit using glass, with ground or un-ground, will 'usually' produce proper clouds at 5, and when ground will do until it clicks off.
Try grinding and see how it goes.
I am at med/fine grind and use a Titan 2 screen in the glass which is way better than the ones Inhalator fit.
It does however on occasion also behave like yours where I don't see anything unless I turn it up to 6/7.

phattpiggie,

Old School

Vape13man
I'm so glad to hear of very similar experiences collaborating things I have tried to talk to the manufacturer about... I do hope they are still reading this thread.....

IMHO this is not really about the build quality per say.... although sorta because this particular manufacturer was always changing very subtle characteristics.... you and I were both able to detect that the XP and the 05 didn't quite perform the same..... well this is almost up there with the GH SS not performing the same as the TI according to some users.....

Turns out everything is damn near identical electrically.... so what has changed that could possibly explain why the XP would be able to extract or perform better / different...?

They changed the sleeve if you recall and the body shell as well..... whats this... a next to nothing sort of change to nothing of importance type of parts.... they have NO ROLE or function.... or do they...?

Intended or not they do in fact play a part and have an affect on the performance outcome...

Here is something I noticed one day.... my 05 would as you said appear to be done extracting but then when I came back to it I wasn't sure.... so I rolled it back up to #7.... nope there was definitely more so I did my roll it up and back down trick and found there was plenty of vapor still in there to be had...

So let it cool and then come back at it hard..... or alternatively when I'm nearing the end of its MCU ability to extract.... I move straight into the rolling up then down trick..... this way I was usually able to avoid it clicking off {heat safety}..... basically what is happening is the heat is being absorbed but not released as fast as it is gather & storing therefore the MCU programming can't operate effectively.... so I have to help it out..... trick it.... give either a try.... enjoy :peace:
@PPN now you see here's where the build quality of the 05 comes into question.
My unit using glass, with ground or un-ground, will 'usually' produce proper clouds at 5, and when ground will do until it clicks off.
Try grinding and see how it goes.
I am at med/fine grind and use a Titan 2 screen in the glass which is way better than the ones Inhalator fit.
It does however on occasion also behave like yours where I don't see anything unless I turn it up to 6/7.
I couldn't agree more about the grind being a huge help..... was surprised when he said he was putting in clumps... w/o the crumble step even.... to each their own I guess....

Wanted to comment on the occasional behavior.... I too have noticed there are times when it doesn't seem to be performing as well as usual..... but then for me it eventually did come back.... well I think what I figured out there was that I was just a tiny bit inpatient... in a bit of a hurry.... not letting her have enough time to gather up enough heat to provide me with a nice healthy heat burst... so all I found I needed to do when that was happening was to allow a bit more time for it to collect and build a nice heat burst for my next inhalation....... I also noticed this would be more prevalent when the battery was about to die.....:peace:

well, I ran some nice strawberry diesel thru my new INh 06 and found the button quite a neat innovation. It's alot like the 05, with a blue light slightly different sort of light though. Heat up time is quicker than the 004xp, but about the same as the 05.

Glass cap is alot cleaner. I've been using the glass cap thru a hollowed out cork fitting that's in my water attachment piece. That allows me to use all 3 of my Inhalaters into the bong directly using the glass cap.

Phatpiggie: I basically just cleaned out my 05, it works really well. I have no way of knowing without having both of the different units you have and doing a similar comparison.
What I do know is that the 06 and the 05 model operation similarly. The outer shell on the new 06 is much better. The heat up time is about the same. The extraction is perhaps not to the point of FULL extraction, however, I've run it thru a second time, I've re-vaped pot at the end of a binge and I can't get it more vaped than I already do, but yeah, I'm re-hitting the same stuff.

I hope the button thing catches on. It's basically better for beginners and the button is bringing the temp up to level 9 on the dial or even 9.5 cause the dial goes a bit past 9.

then if you have the base temp set much lower you can go back to your conversation, have a drink do some socializing and when you wanna catch another hit, you hold that button again.

I've compared it to the 004 xp as my favorite unit so far, and it's very comparable. I now have 3 Inhalaters :)

Old School

Vape13man
Awesome.... I'm so glad that you like the Turbo button....

I found a couple of your comments very interesting.... Your comment about beginners liking it... well it made me realize that all of my test subject {beach crowd} were already used to the other models of Inhalater...so I need to find some beginners.... test this thought out....

The other comment was about the Turbo button taking you up to 9.5.... is not exactly true and I do believe that I might be the blame for that..... Greg had corrected me privately in an email that the boost resistance changes with the dial.... therefore sometimes your jumping up maybe 1.5/2/2.5 so this should suggest that when the dial is on 7/7.5... this is when you might be stepping up to 9/9.5
I never went back in to correct my post because of all that shilling shit that went down and the new thread was closed down.... my bad I guess....:\

The last interesting thing I think I heard was that you don't often get a 2nd run...... I typically get a total of 30 very nice good tasting inhalations before I cash-out..... In my 1st run I get about 16-17 depending how on top of things I am.{focus grasshopper} [Oh that's now even funnier]... ha ha ha ha LOL

Anyway I typically will get another 13 inhalation during my 2nd run... I've usually been on #5 for the tail-end of the 1st run so I will often start this run on #6... boosting in the #7.5/8 I think.... he gave me a chart if you are interested I could dig it out..?

Now if I'm not on top of things as I have stated then I will find that I simple end up going into a 3rd run which very rarely runs the entire 10 minutes..... I thinking I'm averaging between 27 - 30 inhalation... of course those 1st 2 inhalations are often very thin as far as vapor cloud but the taste is so top shelf that I still consider them as parts of the 30 total.... :peace:

EDIT: I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I typically start out on #3.5 and walk it up as needed... Oh and I also very rarely let it reach actual boost temp {solid light} so I begin my inhalation with lets say a 6-8 sec prebake {boosting light flashing} then I will keep it depressed for in the early inhalations lets say 4-7 secs allowing a few seconds at the end to evacuate the chamber {the light will steady on the base dial temp} I repeat this process adding both time as well as dial temp walking..... on my last couple inhalations {make sure its done done} On these last 2 draws I will let the boost temp be reached and sometimes even give it a 10 count making absolutely sure it has all the heat stored up that it can hold before I will begin my draw.... enjoy.... it is some fun to get a handle on.... warning can also be frustrating as many have grumbled to me..... get it down though and you'll love it because it does extend the flavor throughout all 30 inhalations....

Last edited:

mahn, the beach crowd in your neck of the woods has it GOO ud!

yup, I'm jealous a bit. Look I happen to think you are the company from one standpoint. They will need someone of your spectacular interest in their product for it to thrive.

Luckily by closing the battery compartment on this model they will have likely solved many of the breakage issues.

I have 2 confessions first: Mine dropped from the couch to a carpeted floor. Didn't noticeably break either. My 05 dropped out of the case to the same carpeted floor about 2 days later for the second only ever drop. Hopefully both are okay, but warranty issues are not for me, I'm gunna go it alone.

Both work very well, I was asleep and hadn't put it in the recharge position before gaping out. Good news is it seems sturdy, NO?

so now we know they are built a bit tougher, I'm the tester on that part :)

see how much I'm willing to sacrifice on my end to make this work for me you and everyone. Think about working for inhalater Old School, that is if they come a knocking.

the other thing is I'm naming all my vapes the same names as the 5 orbiters that were the NASA space shuttles. so we have Discovery (my 004xp), Endeavor (my new 06)
followed by Challenger (my 05) & Columbia (the 05 s yet to order)

and I'll have to get a 5th one for Atlantis to have the complete fleet.

I loved the glass cap last of ALways loved the cap too.

Yeah I did, don't read it too hard, but it reminded me of the song, ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE because all you need is the weed and that one cap.

I'd get 3 or 4 of those glass caps with multiple vapes, but that's one of the spooky reasons I'll be treating myself instead of getting tricked.

Sadly guys, I knew way back when in 2013 that things were how we say it .... not transparent. I quickly adapted, admitted to myself the thing still had great potential, and noted that in everything else I've done in life, being a hater or complainer got me told off and showed to the door.

BUY ME OFF was my best offer to shut me up. Turns out I got a refund on a small purchase of 3 caps. I kept the one that was nice and workable, and got a return on the other 2. I learned, talked with Greg briefly, but I accepted the limits that have been placed on this unit. I'm PROUD to own one of the INH06's and I can't see why people would be unhappy with those results. I will see how much of a difference the hottest hot is compared to when the knob is set to a low temp and you have to hold the button for almost ever. It is in that way, similar to the other peoples devices that I see, but if you had the base temp below 5, it would take longer than on most vapes to get to max on the turbo boost.

I like the concept though, most complaints I get with the 004xp is that it's too hot because they don't know how to just suck from part of the straw to bring in less vapor and more outside air with it.

I honestly had a good time with buddy GERRY or Jerry BUDDY, whatever, he's a NON smoker like me, he has smoked, but quit out of convenience, and now he's stopped for a few secs having a puff off of the silver colored 05 and now I had one puff and handed it back, and he had another puff or two, and was about to hit the road, then I said....

"I'm not done, buddy Jerry" and I whipped out my INH06 and we did that one too. The only difference was that in reality, we did the 06 first and the 05 second, but does it really matter when you own 3 of them?

member what I said way back when in September 2013... look it up...

I told everyone to go out and buy 3 of them

So I'm broke, I'm on welfare, I very poor, very poor sir! Honestly what rich guy out there that had fun with this stuff back in the day but GREW up and out of it because smoking is not good for you, why wouldn't that rich guy wanna try again?

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
My battery started to lose power so I was using plugged in for the last 2-3 months, if unplugged battery would only last for 2 x 10 min sessions before dying
Left plugged in all night and still charging in morning
Anyway bought a new battery and a nitecore d2
Decided to charge the knackered battery and what do ya know, full working battery
Very happy but not so happy it not charging properly in the inhalater

peterpiper,
Reactions: KidFated.

Old School

Vape13man
I so feel your pain... my favorite model the 5"S" started doing the very same thing until one day that was it nothing.... even the light stopped coming on.....
The saddest part for me was watching it die the very same death the original USB issues way back with the 004 & XP.... so although they clearly made gains in improving this "USB losing connection" issue... I'm still seeing it as falling very short of the intended mark.... mine didn't even make it a full year let alone 2years... so like you I now have to charge my batteries outside the unit but then we all know what ticking time bomb awaits.... we know it is only a matter of time before the ribbon cable will begin to break at that extreme bend they have in it..... NOT looking forward to that day..... my HOPES are that I might see a new set of replacement guts before that happens..... then with my new innards... I will cut down on battery swapping and only do it when I absolutely have to......

My current protocol for the beach is to carry a 2nd INH06 then when it's battery is done... I pull out the INH05"S" which often carries us the rest of the evening....as we often stay out there for several more hours after the sun sets..... if the 05 dies I have a couple batteries in my pocket....

I so hope that they can somehow stay alive but I just can't see how that is going to be at all possible with all of these haunting issues that seem to be keeping an otherwise excellent design from being recognized..... build quality issues can be the kiss of death....

Good luck with your warranty... I think we'd all love to hear a good customer service story if that should happen for you please come back and tell us.... I'm still patiently waiting.....:myday:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Not too sure it's covered by warranty or is it

Who knows whether it is or not. If you got it from Vapefiend then they are your first port of call. They swapped my first unit which basically did whatever the fuk it pleased after less than two months.
It's worth a try and if you succeed with chasing it up please let us know.
Vapefiend no longer seem to have any stock of 05's so again who knows where you stand.
@Old School I have no worries with battery swap out since I butchered my 05 into its current 05SHITS form. Its not the prettiest of modifications but it works.

phattpiggie,

Old School

Vape13man
Inhalater 05 Hole In The Side {HITS}... I do remember it all to well..... you are too funny and at the same time yours will likely last longer....

Yeah I tried to talk to Greg about all that... but he is a bit closed minded on that topic....

I think your solution really drives home the statement "we all love this vape when it works" the length that you went to so you could avoid damaging the ribbon cable... totally got a kick out of it.... but also recognize the seriousness of the situation when manufacturers refuse to acknowledge design flaws.... because once you turn down that alley.... all your left with are awesome work around ideas like yours... HITS :tup:

Old School,
Reactions: killick

well, I'm liking HITS model, and I'm still advertising to get several INH 6's - mine survived a small fall.

One small Fall for man, ONE GIANT fall for Inhalation kind.

Well hopefully it keeps working, but the only way to know for sure if they are properly made is to fire em at the ground as TEST, and to do it for ALL man kind.

I do like the CAPSULES made with an aerospace polymer called polymide. I like the Capsules so much I've named my thee vapes so far, Discovery, Challenger and Endeavor.

I'm still waiting to order Atlantis and Columbia, but I'm missing the 05 s

I am obviously cheering for this design to win, so the HITS model is a modification that could be done for a fee, although it would void the warranty, but who cares. The unit is only as GOOD as it was useful, so if you wanna pay someone extra to do that type of a modification, then let them make some money on the side, until this space program really takes off and we have Inhalaters made of solid gold. At that point, I might mention we all went a bit overboard.

hey, if we're going overboard, I had scurvy anyways, so who cares.

lots of luv and respect,

- play2GETpaid

play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I think your solution really drives home the statement "we all love this vape when it works" the length that you went to so you could avoid damaging the ribbon cable...
Sheer desperation at the more than erratic customer services best sums it up.

@play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned I did the HITS as the warranty appeared to be non-existent so nothing to avoid. As you've said you will go it alone on the whole warranty thing.
Really glad your enjoying your 06 as I've said on the Zion and siblings threads videos and fotos, if you get a chance I am sure there will be a lot of people wanting to see your set up and the 06 perform.

CapitalFlower

So How's the Inhalater getting on?

I've been out of the loop for a little while, been using my Pinnacle Pro whilst waiting for Inhalater to release a model that doesn't actually break.

I had the original INH04 - Amazing till it broke.

Then I had an XP - Even better! Till it broke.

Then I had a replacement XP - Complete shit, sold it immediately.

Does anyone know if their newest edition is safe to buy? I don't think I'd want to go with the 'Supercharged' option because I am a fan of low-temp stealthy vaping.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
whilst waiting for Inhalater to release a model that doesn't actually break.
love that line :lol:
The answer would be who knows. It would seem that only two FC'ers have said they own the 06.
One of them is more than happy to spend all his money on as many of their units as he can and 'go it alone' on the warranty side of things. Which should answer all your questions.

Old School

Vape13man
And the other one is a bit of a fanboy... I believe it's called.... Yes.. I am a huge fan of the design... absolutely but all of this other BS... including reliability issues has frustrated me to no end on many occasions......

@jjl5590 welcome back you dropped out before the 05 came out which appeared to finally put the USB failure nightmare to rest.... but we also inherited a softer milder heating system hoping to finally put the "Hot Spots" to rest as well..... which it appeared to do but at a cost IMHO we traded crisp rapid heat for a slower softer distribution heater....same power just slower....

Then to tackle that they created the 05 "S" {still my favorite} which had twice the power capacity jumped from 12.5w to a nice respectable 25w.... this improved upon the slower softer heater... a lot...

Then they came out with the 06 which is basically the 05 with a "Pulse Extraction" button attached to the outside of the body..... so far I do like it.... and friends are starting to also appreciate it more although at first folks that had already used my XP, 05 or 05 "S" didn't seem to care for it straight away..... but are now starting to see the appeal..... the main attraction I believe is the fact that the user is now playing a much bigger role in creating their inhalation..... that is once they figure it out anyway.....

It's almost too funny...... all those months I kept having to tell just about everybody that tried any of my Inhalaters.... " No No you don't have to push anything...just pull" Then one day I showed up with a 06 and there finally was a button..... nobody seemed to want it anymore then..... but like I said that is beginning to change..... just took a little schooling...... from old school...lol

So "is it safe to buy?" The build quality is solid it's basically an 05 with a button tacked on the outside but thus far I will say it has stayed put and I carry mine right in my pocket glass cap and all.... change, keys, etc..... so although I wasn't a huge fan of the look... it hasn't had any issues whatsoever...

As for you comment about the 05 "S".... I will only suggest that you go check out @killick some of his posts about low temps using the 05 "S".... all that extra power wasn't all just about the Higher temps... check it out.....

If I were to be asked to recommend a unit to you..... I feel it would have to be the 05 "S"..... the 06 might be fun and all but really we can do that manually with the dial itself.... but that "S" mod barely breaks a sweat to give us what we are looking for......
I think you'll find the lower temps to be quite exceptional.... just my thoughts.... button is cool and convenient to use though......:peace:

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
The 05S is a low temp machine. I could run 3 loads at sub-4 temps, and then turn it up to 7 to finish the load off. Fast heatup and great low temp performance made me a huge fan. Shoddy business ethics made me a little less of a fan, but the design has great potential if they'd find one that works and then focus on improving instead of replacing...

CapitalFlower

The 05S is a low temp machine. I could run 3 loads at sub-4 temps, and then turn it up to 7 to finish the load off. Fast heatup and great low temp performance made me a huge fan. Shoddy business ethics made me a little less of a fan, but the design has great potential if they'd find one that works and then focus on improving instead of replacing...

If the 5S is a low temp machine, what does that make the 6? A fridge? Haha

I've found a store in the UK selling the INH05. Is there much difference between the 05 and the 05S apart from a more powerful heating element, and the 05 and the 06 apart from the {pointless} turbo button?

Last edited by a moderator:

vaporlee

I've found a store in the UK selling the INH05. Is there much difference between the 05 and the 05S apart from a more powerful heating element, and the 05 and the 06 apart from the {pointless} turbo button?

05 S outperforms the 05 and 06 is more like 05 with an extra button that raise temp

vaporlee,
Top Bottom