• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Induction Heater for Vapcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
With inspiration and knowledge from some fine people on this website, I built a home desktop induction heater for heating my Vapcap. It has worked so well that I built a few more, for the fun of it. Now I have too many.

It’s a simple ‘turn on - heat Vapcap - turn off’ operation that uses low voltage and is fuse protected. Small footprint at 4.75” x 3.5” and more efficient and cheaper than buying butane & lighters.

For a power I’m using a 12VDC @ 6A switching supply. It heats my cold Vapcap M in about 8 sec. with reheats in about 5 seconds. FWIW, be wary of cheap eBay PSs. I bought a supposedly 6A one on there and it takes forever to heat, it’s maybe 2A, complete junk. I can include a good one if one is needed.

I also made a made a battery pack using three 18650 batteries. It’s good for moving room-to-room or to the deck. I charge them with the charger that I use for my flashlights. I get ~50 clicks per charge with my inexpensive batteries. It does take a few seconds longer to heat using the batteries. I can also include a battery holder with power plug (you supply the batteries & charger).

Note: The power supply that I like has a 5.5mm/2.5mm plug, so that’s the size I used for all the connectors. If you’re going to be using your own PS with a 2.1mm plug, I can include an adapter.

I have three for sale - one of each in African padauk, purpleheart and walnut. Update: All SOLD

I’m not making much on these. The cost of the parts and materials add up, plus the mailing costs. And I’m selling the power supply and battery holder at my cost.

Price:
- IH, 12V 6A power supply & 18650 battery holder w/plug (batteries not included), shipped Priority Mail - $99 (or reasonable offer)

- IH and 12V 6A power supply, shipped Priority Mail - $89 (or reasonable offer)

- IH only, shipped Priority Mail - $79 (or reasonable offer)

Shipping only to the USA with payment via PayPal

Thanks for looking.

Walnut, African Padauk and Purpleheart

Power sources

IH and batteries fit in a cigar box (not included) that I bought on eBay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom