Indoor/outdoor does it matter?

hi guys, short intro..
it's been some 5 or 6 years since i quitted smoking, both tobacco + weed completely, after medical problems. /yea right - fckin combustion :)/
i've been a hard puffer for a few years before that, which led /in the final/ to really enjoyable somatic experiences :rolleyes: . docs didnt know whats happening, thought i had leukemia or something, did the tests but nothing, so just doped me for a while and kicked me off :).
so first i quitted smoking /i knew for sure it was related/ and tried to put things right.. and i did. :p
in the meantime there were just a few occasions when i got high, but never again smoking.. made some cookies instead or chewed a ball of charas.. if there was some rolling around.

why im posting? :) to tell touching stories? nope - the end is happy one, so i'll not bother anymore. its just a warning for the sinners! :)

i've ordered a vap today, thats why im writting.
nothing posh, first i wanted to go for manual temp control vapzilla, but then changed my mind and decided to save a few pounds.. so i bought herbolife bubble for 50. /just returned from a tropic trip, so im in a saving mode right now/.
i know there are better machines, but i think for the start its not too bad, stainless steel cup + temp control - all i need this time. i'll adjust it for me.

now to the point..
i looked around to find some good stuff to load my new toy when it arrives.. but all the sheit the guys are puffin round is just worthless. and i dont mean it doesnt work.. its just all syntetic indoor. i dont like that, even back in times of NL tripping every summer, i prefered the natural stuff, you can find it in a few shops if you ask for it, and you see it and feel it. :p
yeah maybe its impossible to satisfy everybody with the real sunfilled buds, but i just think we're now close to the day when there will be only the fakies left to buy /i mean in the western market/, cos there is no demand for the outdoors anymore.

it might look like a nostalgy, but i think its just practical.
i dont like smoking cos i think theres something better. and in the same way, i dont like chemically doped fake light grown indoor, cos i think theres something better.

when i started to puff, most of the weed i had was wild grown outdoor. a lot of people around were planting somewhere outside in the hills, i had a few succesful seasons as well :), but most of those people never sold a gram, it worked as a friendly barter or gifts, growers usually wanted to show, compare and light up their own buds with friends somewhere hidden, i liked that way of business..
yeah, way too sentimental :)

first time i heard about vaporization, i didnt really care, i rolled 10 joints a day.. and enjoyed it.
i bought a first vaporizer somewhere in a-dam, just to give it a try, but i was dissapointed.
but it wasnt really about vaporizing, now i know.. it was a craped machine, i inhaled 10x more butane than thc :), as it was heated directly through the chamber with a lighter. yea, sometimes the heat was too high so it just lighted up, so what can you do.. i just puffed the rest :lol:
not really a vaporization, so my first vap still on the way.

back to the point..
i made a new topic because i didnt find a discussion about this, im just curious how other vap users consider the sources of their buds, if they are.

do you consider the methods of planting, using of fertilizers, growth boosters, and other chemicals?
does it matter to you if the plants you use ever seen the daylight?
and do you feel the difference it makes?
do you plant your own outdoor?
and so on.. if you want to, just write anyting related. thanks.

2. Buy Organic! The Dutch really don't give a shit what they put into their marijuana plants during the growth cycle. They put tons of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides on their plants without regard to the end result. Their only concern is maximizing their yield and profit, not taste or health. This callous disregard for their customers is very typically Dutch, who are not noted for their service culture. The result of these practices is overfertilized, chemical tasting weed, that can often leave you wishing you'd never smoked it. And yet you pay a very high price for what many connoseiurs consider to be unsmokeable weed.

So to find that really pure, clean, sweet tasting smoke, you're going to have to hunt a little harder. Certain coffeeshops pride themselves on having a small selection of organically grown weed. Some shops only say that there is no pesticide in their pot. What about man-made fertilizers and fungicides? Sorry they don't want to talk about that.

Even the stuff labeled "bio" doesn't mean it's organic, only that it's been grown in soil. The Dutch word for organic is "biologisch" which still doesn't register with the Dutch coffeeshops as being organic, but you're getting closer. So be specific, and ask for "organically grown" cannabis. They'll know what you mean. But that STILL doesn't guarantee that what they put in front of you is really organic, as the European organic certification does not extend to marijuana sold in coffeeshops. Most coffeeshops do not grow their own weed and so must rely upon the word of the growers.

If you're used to buying weed in the US or from other "third-world" sources, chances are you've been getting organically grown weed. Hash from the same sources is likewise untainted by chemical since the growers in places like Morocco can't afford these enhancements. Only the Dutch have made a regular practice of putting almost every agricultural chemical known to man on marijuana. And it really shows.

Don't encourage this practice. Buy organic and you'll be happier, healthier and higher.

http://www.hiptravelguides.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&site=1&sid=145
http://www.hiptravelguides.com/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=5&site=1

http://www.rollitup.org/organics/143302-organic-bud-can-look-better.html

http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/growingoutdoors_guide.php
http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/outdoorcult_guide.php

Miss Orange

I'm absolutely new to vaping too, after years of smoking weed, I could tell my lungs were being affected negatively. It was only due to weed too, because I never smoked cigarettes. A slight chronic cough was enough for me. I ordered the VaporWarez Vapor Cannon. After only 4 days of vaping and not smoking, I can say with certainty is a far superior way of delivery. It is amazing!

As far as the bud I'm vaping, it is locally grown KY outdoor greens. All the the stuff is decent, fluffy, and smokes (or vaporizes) well. I can tell when I get some funky indoor which is usually much more pricey around here. I pretty much stick to the midgrade good shit, it gets me blitzed, it's consistent in quality, and doesn't kill my budget.

To be honest though, I'm uncertain of the levels of pesticides and/or fertilizers used in KY bud. If I had to speculate I would say at least half, if not the majority, was treated at some point. Outdoor and indoor, regardless of location it only makes sense? Unless you are growing it yourself, you have no idea what's in it! If it all comes down to profit, a grower would want the absolute best production out of their plants. However, maybe in KY, it is not always financially feasible to do so lol... I really do not know.

Miss Orange,
Top Bottom