Indicas are not knocking me out. Do you have to smoke slot to get all effects?

Mookie0608

I understand what you saying with the crisis, but in a way I also feel like if iPods were not being abused and doctors prescribing then wrongly there would not be an issue. I personally believe and not to trash a doctor, but I honestly believe this country would be far better off if doctors did not get a penny for writing a script. Yeah people may have used them without being a druggie and maybe got addicted but at the same time I found it st least from what I am told believe that they did not have a proper form of pain to be prescribed such a strong dose of a medication. I mostly go off of what I seen in hospitals. All they do is cry about a drug epidemic yet most of the people in the emergency room are true junkies where I live when they just want a pain medication. I can’t count how many times and how many people at a time the few times I’m at the er threaten people scream curse I’ll go bomb this whole building if you don’t give me the strongest pain medication you have. People are so desperate they take advantage of a broken system and intentionally hurt them selves to get their fix. I refused to be friends with some people I went to school with after I found out they would deliebretky shoot them selves or something crazy so the hospital would be forced to give them drugs, and to me I believe e there really needs to be a law or regulation of some sort with pain. If there is enough proof to decide that someone is causing bodily harm intentionally for the purpose of being treated they should not be treated. Same thing goes with a better system well too late now but a urine test randomly when on an opioid. I know even so called “honest people” that just turn around and sell opioids on the street. As for some people that really do get hurt and wind up being addicted is there is one thing I have learned from having all the surgeries the average person that gets prescribed a pain medication of the stregth of what I get don’t qualify to get them. By that I mean there pain is not serious enough. I go through series of long serious surgeries. I get the strong pain medications because I need them. That’s why they are for mister serious situations like this. Yet some how you can cry to some doctors and they will give you octcodone for a freaking headache, not a migraine a simple headache. My old doctor was arrested now he killed him self after he went down for killing his wife. He was fast to write a script and he put a lot of opioids on the street for gangs. The fraud started in New Jersey. He would write scripts charge the insurance companies and encourage pharmacies to take say coco butter mix it with something random cost maybe $20 and “make a compound” worth hundreds. My point to the story of why it really pisses me off yes there’s innocent people out there, but it don’t change the fact that one some how there was shady stuff going on to get that pill prescribed. Wether intentional harm, a fraud of some sort, or someone looking to get a quick fix or even a healthcare provider prescribing something they had no right prescribing just because of the kickbacks. I’ll use my doctor for example well more so my dads I seen him a few times but he made millions annually just in prescriptions. I also personally believe that opioids need to be respected and they are not. You take them as needed by the correct dosage. If your not in the severe kind of pain the drugs will work in a different way more of a recreational I would say. Maybe I could be wrong. If you take them like vitamins because your depressed or what ever it’s abusing the drug and will have a side effect.

I’m also in the state of New Jersey. A state so screwed up you have to pay an “exit tax” if you leave. So strains are very much an issue. Especially now considering the dispensaries are big but no where near big enough to go from supporting a number like 40,000 patients to out of no where 500,000+ after 5 new conditions get added to the list, and the number expected to be 65% of the population by January of next year when they add another 50 or so conditions as this year goes by.
You can have 2 ounces a month but they may limit people to a half ounce. They put it out for sale and it’s all sold within a day-2. and some strains have wait lists. The only reason I tried acdc is because I’m on the list.

I don’t want to sound dis respectful but even medical marijuana is being abused. The bulk of the customer base is going after the highest thc strain sour banana sherbet. i See so many people that look so horrible driving cars barely street legal missing teeth and always trying to make you a deal “hook me up bruh” Ill trade you food stamps if you give me weed money. Not even joking. I had a conversation with a guy that I really wanted to give a mike Tyson knock out punch. Was just a typical free loader I’m the system. Even said to me my brother not in those words you have got to get some weed and dip it into embalming fluid other wise your missing out, and waiting good weed.

Before i say anymore I’m just going to point out along with club feet I have aspergers and I really don’t know how to stick to a point. I’m aware I jump all over the place and write books. I think the aspergers has a lot to do with weed in the beginning freaking me out. Any change in the way I normally feel I just start expecting the worse. I don’t know how to relax. My mind wonders a million different ways a minute.

Mookie0608,

EverythingsHazy

As far as the vaporizers go no I just don’t need that many. That’s why I said I would sell. Batteries suck in both though. Or I think it was the fire fly 2 the glass was nice, but battery sucked, and the mighty well I’m not patient enough to wait 5 minutes to heat up. And then another 15-20 before it cools was worried about it starting a fire. I get paranoid with stuff like that even keeping things plugged in. Probably how I get some experiences where the highs can get out of control, and seek worse then what they actually are.

As far as checking the weed out at dispensaries I certainly will try, but I know ya all ore packaged, and sealed in clear containers or a clear zip lock kind of bag. Usually you gotta pay then you get the weed. At least they saw for safety and to follow the laws your not allowed to open your containers in the dispensary or smoke on grounds. You have to leave before you can open so all you have is just looking through the container.

That one strai. Someone mentioned sounds like it could be interesting to try u fortunately I’m in New Jersey and not mainly my options.

I have tried acdc and it does not help with pain what so ever unless I need to co dime a large amount of it. It’s like many of the others I tried. Say on a scale from 1-10 if I’m at a 7-8 it will bring me down to a 5-6 maybe 4 if I’m lucky.

I’m also trying to get full pain relief. The intense buzzing/tingling that goes on in my head feels like that would be perfect if it was in my legs because it feels kind of numbing. Now one area I ran into an issue is I will use harlequin as an example of a cbd strain. It’s great. It will make the pain manageable, but providing the fact that I’m gonna to stay in bed all day or do minimal walking. When I get a strain that makes pain tolerable I’m fine. Say though if I wanted to take a hike or go skiing that it’s useless. The pain will flare up so bad I get a heavy limp and often times will tear up not to sound like a little kid but the pin does get that bad. I understand some people have mixed feelings about opioids. I for one am against any beliefs some may have and I do not agree with or believe their is an opioid crisis and I believe it’s a choice to stick a needle in your arm. Pain killers have worked well for me I never got addicted never got high, and as far as the “addiction, and dependency” thin goes I have a lot of Friends sad to say started using heroin, but the one thing they all had in common they all became junkies long before they took an opioid, and the ones that did not a used them and took 10 x the normal dosage. So I for one don’t believe their is an epedimic as they say there is. Yes there’s a problem but it’s with prescriptions drugs in a whole that I believe not just opioids. I been on them my whole life, but I also know problems can arise if you take them in an abusive way. Some of my friends tried blaming pain killers for them using heroin to get people to feel bad for them but in the end it didn’t change the fact that most people I New that did heroin or got on an opioid were also doing lsd long before then touched heroin, and just turned to it because it’s dirt cheap. Even had friends that stopped smoking weed just to start heroin for the only reason of a much more cost effective high. Sounds stupid but it’s true. As long as I have been on pain killers I have never acted out violently, never got high, used them for their purpose. 10-20 mg was plenty. Everyone I know that has abused opioids were taken 80-120 mg at a time, and an old friend admitted after he was arrested the only reason he took opioids was for the high in large doses. I can say this about everything. Alcohol there’s people who enjoy there’s people who abuse it, but with opioids it’s not the abusers suffering it’s everyone including people like me who if I had a choice and was not forced to move to another state I would rather take Vicodin daily then weed I’m hoping that outlook will change soon though. It is a little bit now, but still finding I’m in pain, and I kno from all the reading and hearing from some of you edibles are my best option. Just say it takes away all my pain that’s great, but until I get fully used to it I will be high. Give me 20 mg of oxycodone or Percocet pain relief and a normal life with no high. I would like to be able to do things without pain stopping me. I can push my self but I do wind up paying for it at the end of the day. I have not went skiing in over 2 years I do have issues with anxiety and chair lifts but the pain stopped me.1 run would be my limit. Pain killers allowed me to take 5-6 runs some times more. The doctor who put me on the program guaranteed I would get 100% pain relief but may take awhile before I find the right strain, but told me to ask for the best “bud tenders” who are chronic pain patients them selves. Supposedly there are a few strains out there that have the “opioid” effect and opioid high that even when smoked are potent enough to offer 3-4 hours of pain relief, and the only difference is your smoking not popping a pill but the effects will make you feel like you took a pain killer and you may still get high but even if it’s a 25% thc content he told me the head high will be weak with a very intense strong body effect. If there is truth behind that I’m not sure but he was also participating with medical marijuana for 25 years in I believe pa. Problem though if it seems like a big learning curve and trial and error but with such a limited selection it seems like most of the dispensaries are in a way catering to healthy people that just want to get high that’s it and people that are depressed. One place I goto I think true og is the only true pain reliever they have the rest are all energizing make you happy and all that. I have not tried true og yet though to judge it. There’s 3 strains I heard are supposed to be very effective with relieving pain. Blackberry kush, purple arrow, and Mazar I sharif. The 3rd is one the doctor mentioned whi said it should basically be a full on opiod effect but can could cause actual hallucinations in a large enough dose. Yet I can’t get them here. I think blackberry kush I can occasionally at one dispensary but that’s about it. I had a friend though I was talking to him and his medicinal harvester who said northern lights may give me a better effect, and the guy grows for dispensaries in Michigan and I think he even said that usually smoking/vaping the relief may be under an hour or so but some strains are potent enough to last a good 4 hours but could also be hard to find and when you do more pricey.
Cannabis seems to work differently on different types of pain, and with different degrees of efficacy. Neuropathy, for example, is supposed to be strongly relieved by Cannabis. However, if you break an arm/leg, or get a big gash, I don't know if Cannabis can numb the acute pain as effectively as the classic opiates, like Percocet or Morphine. It might be able to, but I wouldn't wait and find out myself, if I ever get a gruesome injury.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Squiby

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I grew a high CBC strain called Remedy a few years ago. I had been very ill from a rare pancreatic condition and was in incredible pain for 28 months. The Dilaudid prescriptions were handed out to me like candy every time I was released from the hospital. I was hospitalized for about a week every month with a week of IV Dilaudid.

I did not want to constantly be on Dilaudid even though it helped the pain and often knocked me out. So I kept trying different strains. Well, it was Remedy that allowed me to reduce the Dilaudid and eventually stop taking it. Remedy reduced the pain to a tolerable level, stopped my nausea and helped me to sleep. It was a miracle. I never felt totally stoned out from it but it took care of my symptoms like a champ.

It's interesting because it's not a high THC strain. Not a heavy hitter at all if you're vaping for a recreational high. But when you're hurting it rises to the challenge.

If you can find it, it's worth a try.

how did you find a high CBC varietal? VERY cool. Stable genetics?

looney2nz,

Squiby

how did you find a high CBC varietal? VERY cool. Stable genetics?

I bought the seed. If I ever see it for sale again I will definitely grow it again. I still have a quart jar of it left but it is vacuum packed and squirreled away. It was very effective for intense pain and nausea. It didn't kill the pain all together like didaudid did but it brought it down to a tolerable level.

If I vape it now that I am well and pain free it is indistinguishable from Harlequin and produces a nice light high. But Harlequin couldn't hold a candle to it when used for pain.

Edit: I just realized my original post said CBC. SHOULD READ CBD.

Mookie0608

I don’t know what kind of pain I actually have. I have had a lot of surgeries that caused pain, but now with my normal life other then arthritis I don’t know what to call the type of pain other then it’s bad and there daily some days worse then others, and if I do to much even on a good day like say walking to much it flares up. Walking on an uneven street is brutal. Climbing anything with any kind of steepness is worse. Like hills etc.

I’ll use last night as an example unless when you load the bax yo the dosing matters in how much you out in. I filled it to the very top and packed it down. Got very nice flavor and I must have got stoned off 1 13 second draw. Also many verables though.

I filled the pax up to the top of the oven and packed it nice and tight so it was even with the top of the oven where t meets the plastic or what ever the sides are.

Was my first time vaping.

I don’t know why but feels like every time I get really high on the inhale I feel it deep in my chest and it either burns really bad or builds up with a pressure feeling and when I exhale when I feel like I took a nice deep draw there’s hardly any vapor that comes out. Usually I will get a heads up if I’m going to get very high. I get a strong scent of weed. Everything smells like weed a few minutes before it kicks in. It was intense but not as bad as used to be gets easier every time I get that high.

Now I noticed the body high was stronger I could move around fine but as soon as I laid down in bed I felt like I was melting and I didn’t want to move so assuming that’s the couch lock it just felt so could laying down and when the cable box started acting up I was like I wanna watch a movie but the tv that’s 5 feet away looks like it’s too much work to get up and try to fix and to far away. The pain relief was good. Heck it did not take away alll if the rib pain but even the pain I been having in my chest was feeling a little better. The high seemed like it lasted for an hour and maybe a half or around that range but the rest of the night felt high still but maybe that could have been the sedation? Was more like a clear headed calming feeling, and a lot of tingling especially in my eyes and I tried playing a game on my phone and it slowly started feeling like the phone kept getting heavier to a point my wrists started screaming in pain. There was also waves of deep heavy relaxation, but not enough to force me to sleep. Kind of had a similar feeling aside from the relaxation like Tylenol cold and flu severe with the sleeping aid.

This makes me rethink a few things. Was I just actually high last night and all the other nights I’m really not high at all and jusy because I feel it lightly in my eyes and a light buzzing is that just a head buzz and I’m not quit high. If I go back each time I felt this way each time was worse a little better then the time before, but was I just actually the true definition of high, or even when I have the light buzz going on and I just high and some times I just get really stoned or high. The pain relief I got last night did not was so much better then what I’m used to. It was not perfect I was st about a 4 pain level the body vibrations felt like that were melting away the pain of covering it up. As long as the vibrating was going on it felt like a kind of kumbing feeling as well and my legs felt king of relaxed and like I was getting a massage and I hate massages. Still had that heavy buzzing and what not in my head though it was stronger in my head then body. Actually every time I thought the high was starting to wear off out of no where it would get strong again. It was a lot easier to deal with last night, but still when I finally got the tv working it just made the high worse. I shut it off I don’t know why tv tv and especially video games just trip me out or weird me out when I’m like this. When I try to fight it it tends to get the best of me.

The other think I noticed to is breathing felt weird as hell. Like literally I would take a deep breath and it got to a certain point it felt weird in my chest and felt like I was breathing for ever and it actually kind of had a tickle feeling. The deeper the breath the more numbing it felt.

There’s a few variables but still the main thing I can think of that was different because the last 3 nights i would just get a very light buzz going on my head body and eyes I took 1 13-15 second draw but last night was 13 seconds and I got this way. Not complaining about it as long as I was laying in bed in the dark it felt more enjoyable but once I tried watching tv or playing on my phone I started losing control and the high felt a lot worse then what it actually was. Laying in the dark is the only way I have been able to stay calm so far. Just can never fall asleep. I usually can’t sleep until the highs are done and my eyes slow down and stop jumping up and down or at least it feels that way. I did not have an empty stomach I ate dinner the. Vaped about 5-10 minutes after.

So now I’m at a point where I feel like I’m doing good vaping then last night happened and I can’t stop thinking was I high last night and the other times I was not or am I always high and last night I was higher then usual.

Also heard from pax and sent them a video of the noise it makes occasionally but only notice it on a very high tempature if I could upload it. One girl st the dispensary I got thinks it could be the stems or a combination of high heat setting and dry weed. I’m getting a little hesitant though and would have to give the pax a deep cleaning. I just don’t know about putting it in the mail when it has such a strong odor of weed.

Mookie0608,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don’t know what kind of pain I actually have.

All pain is caused by inflammation. Pain is a warning sign from your body that your nervous system is being compromised, typically from inflammatory foodstuffs and food allergies.

invertedisdead,

Mookie0608

Actually today now I just feel like I’m in a daze. I don’t feel high but I feel like things are not actually real. Just very tired, and can’t even really eat much. I’m in pain and have not used anything today yet fee like if I try to vaporizeill just throw up. I get like this some times the next day things just seem like hazy and I’m border line still high and very sluggish. Is there a weed hangover? Kind of just feel like staying in bed the rest of the day. I’m out running errands and I just feel kind of sick and not all with it. I know the pollen is bad and what not but times I get a little too high I usually feel like this the next day it 2.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

The closest thing I’ve had to a hangover is I think caused by dehydration. Make sure you drink more water than you usually would, especially if you don’t usually drink a lot of it.

For longer lasting pain relief, I really think the best option is a combination of edibles, vapor and if necessary topicals too.

I know edibles were rough for you, but my guess is that you ate a lot more than you needed. To give you an idea of how much appropriate dosage varies, I’ve been buying pieces of lemon cake that some people would eat all at once, but I’m cutting them up into a *minimum* of 9 smaller pieces, generally more and I don’t eat more than one of those small pieces at once.

If I eat one and don’t get enough pain relief I’ll have a bit more a couple of hours later and the mental effects never get very intense that way. If I have large amounts at once or add more too early it can end up being too much, so if you try again take small amounts and ramp up slowly until you find a level that’s good for you.

If you vape first you can probably take care of the pain while you wait for the edibles to take over and they should last for significantly longer. Then you can vape more on top of it as needed, just don’t use as much as you would if you weren’t on edibles too.

If you prefer, you can also get capsules to take, tinctures to put under your tongue, liquids to drink (which hit me faster but make dosing harder), etc.

I’ve been having some of the same struggles as you after I had to take a long break, and I attribute a lot of it to my tolerance dropping to practically nothing. I don’t want a high tolerance, but I want it high enough that I can get pain relief without feeling like I’ve overdone it.

What I’ve been trying recently to improve that is use a little at a time over several hours rather than only using it right before going to sleep.

You don’t have to take a 10-13 second draw every time. You could try half the length, wait a while and do it again, etc. The effects should be less overwhelming and you should ultimately be able to take more.

If you want to try this, the Pax isn’t the best option but it might be okay. Generally a convection vaporizer is better for using a little at a time.

I think you said you have the FF 2 and I believe that’s convection, so it might be worth giving that one another shot if you want to try raising your tolerance a little.

Mookie0608

Yeah I may try that or making a topical. It’s not cost effective to buy a topical premised. Can only buy 2 ounces a month and I’ll probably go through an ounce easily in a week if I use it like lotion and rub it all over from knees down I think me and the guy at dispensary that makes it said I am 8th may only be 1-2 treatments 3 st most

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

To be honest I found for me for the time being it works better if I suck in the vapor with a deep inhale and hold for 2 second. I don’t know how to “sip like a milkshake” I tried it once and I felt like I was choking so I’m assuming you don’t swallow but the motion I think of is actually drinking but slower. I actually may be using the firefly 2 a lot this week. I’m sending my pax in to get looked at to see why it’s burning weed and making a loud burning noise.

I just vaped in purple urkel thougj it’s nice but even this is kind of not working out well. It was amazing a week ago when I got really high. I am not a big fan of the strong head highs but it seems like some times the pain relief is better because there’s Moreno of a stronger body sensation, and it lasts longer. I keep a log, and I found that the other night when I was out of it the high lasted about 2 hours and just hours worth of a strong relaxation feeling and the pain relief was solid for about 2-2.5 hours. If I don’t get as high as I was a few nights ago it seems like the head buzz and body buzz is gone within 30 minutes along with the pain relief.

I also tried taken a shorter draw but 8 seconds is the minimum to get some sort of effect.

Mookie0608,
Reactions: asdf420

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
To be honest I found for me for the time being it works better if I suck in the vapor with a deep inhale and hold for 2 second. I don’t know how to “sip like a milkshake” I tried it once and I felt like I was choking so I’m assuming you don’t swallow but the motion I think of is actually drinking but slower. I actually may be using the firefly 2 a lot this week. I’m sending my pax in to get looked at to see why it’s burning weed and making a loud burning noise.

I just vaped in purple urkel thougj it’s nice but even this is kind of not working out well. It was amazing a week ago when I got really high. I am not a big fan of the strong head highs but it seems like some times the pain relief is better because there’s Moreno of a stronger body sensation, and it lasts longer. I keep a log, and I found that the other night when I was out of it the high lasted about 2 hours and just hours worth of a strong relaxation feeling and the pain relief was solid for about 2-2.5 hours. If I don’t get as high as I was a few nights ago it seems like the head buzz and body buzz is gone within 30 minutes along with the pain relief.

I also tried taken a shorter draw but 8 seconds is the minimum to get some sort of effect.
A slow steady draw would be my interpretation of a draw like a milkshake. I’ve had the original Solo.

CarolKing,

Vaporware

There are some topical recipes here on the forum, and more elsewhere on the web I’m sure. I plan to try one too because I think the stuff I can buy is overpriced.

If someone suggests you sip it like a milkshake, they may also be talking about trying to pull it into your mouth like sucking on a straw and then breathing it all in at once.

If you need 8 seconds or more at once, go for it, but remember that even if you’re not feeling all of the effects from one draw you’re still getting it into your sytem, and you’re lowering your chances of overdoing it later.

The first time you use it in a day the effects will be strongest. Subsequent uses can still be strong, but once it’s been in your system for a while it’s less likely that you’ll accidentally overdo it.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

For the time I’m without my pax I might just smoke from a water bong. I hate the fire fly 2 smoking is more convienent and no worse. It’s combusting even at 400 nothing but solid smoke that got me by surprise.

I might try the mighty to see if it’s any different but the ff is a little difficult well more of a pain to load up. I should have gotten a backup pax.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

I’ll check out them topical receipes I really want to try something like that. Though the dispensary that makes them, curaleaf, the guy told me may not help me it’s more for skin shallow pain and aches not really effective in deep bone pain or arthritis at least the one they make, but there oil could work very well if I chose to use a pen all though I have no clue what there oil is they don’t have different strains I take it. Just 350 mg of thc 35 mg of cbd or I could do drops under my tongue. They recommend ingesting though. The guy said he would even try to show me how to make an edible too that’s not very strong. As far as how much to use. Worst case scenario you just have a long bad trip I guess am I right but won’t die and I may just try them again to get better longer relief. At this rate vaping used weed as fast as smoking. I tried lower temps but I’m finding that I need to be on 420 no less then 400 other wise it’s more of a head high.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

Okay it makes sense. I actually tried purple urkel last night and I’m going to try it every night, and I noticed that even with a mild buzz or what I like it only lasts in the head and eyes for about 30 minutes but I felt more of the body sensation down into my toes and I think I fell in love with that feeling. Was not as noticeable with pineapple shock.

A serious question though does the term I’m high have an actual meaning? If I have a buzz and can feel it in my eyes is that a high but maybe a mild one? Like if you drink alcohol I can get a head buzz going but your still not drunk.

Also as far as the switching it up how exactly does thc work in the terms of strength. The highest thc percentage I have tried so far were 14% the next I have is blueberry kush at a little under 17%, purple Romulan is about 18% and black water is 21%. If I try to mix it up like you said would the high be go strong for me if I go from say 13.96% to a 17%? I had a conversation with I guess a dealer/grower, and he said he has found that people usually don’t get much relief until you hit 18% thc, or at least that’s when it really can help pain, but even he told me I should really try edibles and I think I will.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

So I guess what I was getting at in terms of trying to rotate say my 13.93% purple urkle I am using now I try the black water and go straight to 21% thc. What I was getting at it is the difference stronger I’m a way of night and day where the high may be a lot stronger or more intense then what I’m currently used to even if I take it slow. For the time being I was trying to slowly work my way up. After the purple urkle I was going to try and find a 15% strain before blueberry kush at 17%. That’s what I meant in terms of strength on how likely I would be able to handle going from 13.93% and still getting a little too high from Rome to Rome straight to 21% if I would be more likely to get in over my head to fast. I’m trying hard to keep trying using marijuana as a medicine despite I hate some of the things about being high instead of giving up on it or being to freaked out to even try it again.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

If you do try edibles again, the most important thing to remember is start with a small dose - small enough that you doubt it will even do anything - and wait a while (I’d recommend a couple of hours) before trying more. Once you figure out a dose that works for you it’ll be easier.

I’d say almost the same thing for vapor though. Start with a little and wait maybe a half hour to an hour and try a bit more.

Unless it’s very low the amount of THC in a strain is not a major consideration for me since I think using more of something with less THC should still get you there even if it takes a little more vapor. Very high THC may just make it easier to overdo it, but I’m not saying you shouldn’t try it since it still might do better for you, just maybe go easy on it the first time.

Another way to go, which is the way I went when I first started because it’s what I saw everyone else doing online, is to just hit it hard and keep going.

The first thing I tried was Harlequin which didn’t have a noticeable effect on me (although I’ve since come to appreciate it). The next was GDP, which is still probably my favorite, and I kept going and going on it.

I probably had 6-10 full slow draws in a row and kept thinking it wasn’t doing anything until one finally made me cough a little and suddenly it hit me all at once. My head was spinning and I had to lay down immediately thinking “people do this for fun!?” but I fell asleep quickly and woke up feeling better.

From there I kept hitting it pretty hard (all at once before sleeping every night) and also added significant amounts of edibles. I guess I developed a bit of a tolerance pretty quickly so I ended up being able to get the pain relief and sleep I needed without feeling like I’d really overdone it.

I had to take a month+ long break about 2 years ago though, and I don’t think my tolerance ever got back to where it was, so my ability to get pain relief without unpleasant mental effects is lessened. It’s even a bit worse now that I had to take a week off for surgery a few months ago.

I’ve recently been trying to build up a bit of a tolerance slowly though, like I described earlier. If that doesn’t work I’ll probably just try what I did when I started, even though I know I’ll probably have one or more very overwhelming experiences, because I need to feel better than I often do on low doses.

I don’t know if that’ll help you or not, but I’ve been struggling lately with some of the same issues as you even though I’m about 4 years in, and those are my current thoughts on it.

If anyone else has advice on getting properly medicated without a lot of negative mental effects (for me right now it’s generally anxiety and what I know is unfounded fear that something bad is happening in my body), I’d like to hear it!

Most of the time I’m okay, but if I have a bit too much for my current very low tolerance it can start to freak me out a bit and it’s not much fun.

There’s also some chance that a lot of the change in my reactions is from being forced into dispensaries while I used to get flower and edibles from a “farmer’s market” which was shut down. I’m not sure whether the flower was better or more suitable for my needs, but the edibles were for sure.

I’m looking into making my own, but I can’t legally grow here yet so I still have to use what ultimately may or may not be the best flower for me both in vaporizers and edibles.

I know it can work for me, and to a lesser extent than before it still does, but all of these harsh laws and restrictions surrounding a pretty harmless and very beneficial plant, and the lack of research those laws have led to, are very... :cuss:

Vaporware,
Reactions: Indigo

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
If anyone else has advice on getting properly medicated without a lot of negative mental effects (for me right now it’s generally anxiety and what I know is unfounded fear that something bad is happening in my body), I’d like to hear it!

In my experience (and I've had multiple breaks, ranging from a few months to 8 years, with using cannabis), developing a bit of tolerance makes everything easier and more comfortable.
Yes, it takes a little more to get where you need to go, but you can better gauge your doses to get to the right level once the difference between good and too much is more than a lung-pull or two apart.

In other words, practice makes perfect.

Every time I've came back from a break, I've enjoyed those strong, initial low-tolerance heady highs off nothing, but getting to a comfortable and functional headspace just takes more experience.

Vaporware

In my experience (and I've had multiple breaks, ranging from a few months to 8 years, with using cannabis), developing a bit of tolerance makes everything easier and more comfortable.
Yes, it takes a little more to get where you need to go, but you can better gauge your doses to get to the right level once the difference between good and too much is more than a lung-pull or two apart.

In other words, practice makes perfect.

Every time I've came back from a break, I've enjoyed those strong, initial low-tolerance heady highs off nothing, but getting to a comfortable and functional headspace just takes more experience.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking too. Right now it’s not even a draw or two apart, it’s often how much I get in the first draw.

Even with a fairly small load in the FlowerPot I can overdo it in one hit if I don’t cut it off early. To get all of the medical benefits I think I really need to get my tolerance back up a bit.

Like I said, to do that right now I’m trying to just use more a little at a time over several hours and I think it’s starting to help, but it’s slow...I just don’t always have the luxury of using it freely since I still need to drive/etc. and when I try to use more over a long period at night I tend to fall asleep before getting to take as much as I’d like.

I’ll keep trying though, and if this method doesn’t work I’ll just accept that I’ll have a few rough experiences and *really* overdo it until I can handle more comfortably.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

I am very curious about this. Can weed be bad ignorant it’s kver a year-2 old and was stored in plastic? A dispensary that I probably will never go back to sold me weed that’s about a year and a half and about 2 years old. Can old weed have serious side effects on health? I tried contacting the dispensary and they won’t return my phone call. It’s a 2 hour drive as well so not like it’s easy getting there.

On another note I sent the pax in for repair tried my firefly 2 I hate the thing. Tried the mighty last night aside from it taken so long to warm up it’s actually not bad. Is there a market for used vaporizers? Only used it twice and did not register it yet. I often thought about craigslist or a pawn shop but not sure it’s a great idea.

Mookie0608,

Ramahs

I am very curious about this. Can weed be bad ignorant it’s kver a year-2 old and was stored in plastic? A dispensary that I probably will never go back to sold me weed that’s about a year and a half and about 2 years old. Can old weed have serious side effects on health? I tried contacting the dispensary and they won’t return my phone call. It’s a 2 hour drive as well so not like it’s easy getting there.

On another note I sent the pax in for repair tried my firefly 2 I hate the thing. Tried the mighty last night aside from it taken so long to warm up it’s actually not bad. Is there a market for used vaporizers? Only used it twice and did not register it yet. I often thought about craigslist or a pawn shop but not sure it’s a great idea.

It's probably fine, though it may be a bit dry, and need to be re-hydrated with a Boveda pack.
Worst-case scenario is that the good drugs in the plant have degraded and it won't be very strong.
Best case scenario, as long as it was properly stored, it may be just fine.

Basically, if stored properly, weed can remain good for years.
If stored improperly and degraded, it just won't get you high, or not high enough. But it shouldn't be dangerous in any way as long as it's not moldy or has been tainted with some other substance.

So, try it and let us know how it went! :spliff:

Ramahs,
Reactions: Squiby

Mookie0608

Okay. Just trying to rule out weed giving me pain and making it hard to breathe. I’m hoping it’s not. Was j. Hospital about a week ago and they claimed by difficulty breathing and severe pain was from a broken rib 2 years ago that got “calcified”. I don let really believe them just based off the fact that the doctors are clueless and have no clue what they are taking about. I get mis diagnosed a lot. Health care is kind of like a franchise here. One company owns all the hospitals and doctors offices the health care has went to shit when they kept getting bigger and buying up all the doctors offices.

Reason I asked is because both the strains harlequin and especially the oldest canna-tsu has white dots all over the place wasn’t siren if it was a type of mold or just the color of the buds fading.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

There is a classifieds section on this site, although there are some requirements to post so they can make sure people selling things have been here a while and aren’t scammers or anything like that. If you don't meet the requirements yet, a moderator might be able to help you out.

If you think the old stuff you have is bad, don’t use it, but if it’s not moldy or anything you might like it. I have some stuff that’s even older and I’ve been using it a bit lately. I think a good portion of the THC has been converted to CBN now, so it’s more sedating and anxiety relieving but maybe less pain relieving, but not bad and definitely easier to take than some of the high THC stuff right now. You might need to do both though if you do use it (one at a time or mixed together) to get the best pain relief.

Vaporware,

Ramahs

both the strains harlequin and especially the oldest canna-tsu has white dots all over the place

Ummm...white dots?
Care to give more details or a picture?

That sounds worrisome. That sounds like it could be mold.
Inhaling the wrong kind of mold can do all kinds of damage.

Be careful. White-dots doesn't sound right.

Mookie0608

I’ll try to upload them now. Wish I could just upload from phone without a 3rd party site.

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom