Discontinued Indica Vaporizer

dozzijdp

So I did the follow up call and - rather disappointingly - was told it would now be another 2-3 weeks before a possible ship date. This sucks.

I wish we could get some info as to what the hell is happening...

:argh:

Michael? Any news? Will the quantum be ready to ship before the regular sized Indica now? If so would it be possible to get one of those instead of a replacement full-sized Indica? Any specs on either of the two compared to the original?

Last edited:

dantheman420

It's not like Mike to not speak up when people on this board are asking questions, it makes me wonder if a rebuilt (no dying heat chamber) Noir is even going to release. I've had other companies, for other products with glitches or faulty parts, promise me they were making a 'new' non faulty version and it never came out, damn you Capcom. It is typically cheaper to just call it a loss and move on to the next project.

Needless to say I'm glad I took Mike up on a refund back in January after my 4th Noir died. Then I picked up a PAX 2 at a 4/20 sale at a local smoke shop for about the same as an Indica costs with shipping. I prefer the taste that the Indica produces, but it makes no taste with a dead heating chamber and (knock on wood) my PAX 2 has had zero issues. I just wish it had spacers, provided the same flavor I got from my Indicas (when they worked), and was more discrete as far as smell when not in use.

I hope everyone waiting has at least one or two backup vapes, it seems it might be a longer wait than first thought.

TioBub

I'd hate to request a refund since the Indica is such a high-performing vaporizer.... until it dies. 4 different units and waiting since May to replace with a fixed unit is starting to get pretty frustrating though. I'm with everyone else- just hoping there will be good news soon.

TioBub,
Reactions: dozzijdp

dozzijdp

I second that, but I'm seriously considering the refund at this point and wanted to ask if anyone in this thread has any other recommendations other than the Pax (which I've tried and it is good but doesn't compare in terms of efficiency of vaporization and flavor to the Indica).

To those long time Indica supporters (and it pains me to say this):

Is there anything that comes close to the (working) Indica?

dozzijdp,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I second that, but I'm seriously considering the refund at this point and wanted to ask if anyone in this thread has any other recommendations other than the Pax (which I've tried and it is good but doesn't compare in terms of efficiency of vaporization and flavor to the Indica).

To those long time Indica supporters (and it pains me to say this):

Is there anything that comes close to the (working) Indica?

Well, I still hold the Indica to be the best session conduction portable available personally, so I'd say start looking at on demand convection...

But for a cheap option the xmax v2 pro at least has some more solid temp options and swappable battery, cheap too. But nowhere near Indica taste, efficiency, portability like other current conduction portables...

May be check out the Alfa? Haze is actually pretty solid, I've used one a bit. HipVap is close but just lacks so much in oven performance in my experience. Herbstick Deluxe is similar but very shoddy and poor taste, might be good for super cheap, and theres the Herbstick Eco now

dantheman420

Mike pm'd me overnight. He has a long explanation that he will post on here soon about the extra delays, apparently Chinas financial crisis is causing problems.

On the positive side he said that "early prototypes of the "Quantum" will be at the Champs show in Vegas in (2) weeks".

So I take from it that things are still moving forward with the smaller "Quantum" vape, but it seems he's having issues with the factory that is supposed to produce the 'new' Noirs.

I'll let Mike explain the rest. Stay tuned to this topic for an update soon.

I've been without my Noir since March, so I'm definitely bummed to hear it'll be even longer. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

McSneakins,

dantheman420

I've been without my Noir since March, so I'm definitely bummed to hear it'll be even longer. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

If it has a reliable oven it will be worth the wait. I use my herbs slower with my Indica than with any other vape and I really enjoy the flavor.

I hope you have another portable to use while you wait. I was in the position of having only a Silver Surfer (not what I would call portable, although you can use it in a car with a power inverter) or going back to combustion. I ended up paying around $220 for a Pax 2 back in April to tide me over while the problems with the Indica are corrected.

As I said in an earlier post, if you are waiting on the replacement Indicas and have no other portable vape then you should go and pick one up. I know money is tight for a lot of us, but having a backup vape is important. So get a decent cheap portable out of the list of decent cheap portables that people have mentioned, or pony up the big money for a Pax 2 (which I think comes closest to the flavor of the Indica out of the vapes I have tried); then when the 'new' Noirs or Quantum comes out pick one up and that way you will have the Pax 2 or cheapo vape as a backup.

dantheman420,

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Good news is on the horizon, friends. The new unit has been tested and was just going into production when the Chinese side had money problems. Anyone watching the debacle over the stock market in China? This is not something anyone can control, obviously, but as I understand it, our beleaguered hero, Mike, has been scrambling and things are getting back on track.

In any case, hang on. I have been testing the new version of the Noir for about a month now. All I can say is WOW, a month wait will be worth it. I don't know all that was done (temperatures were adjusted for one thing), but I put this tester through its paces. For example, I went 6 sessions at purple/red ....high temps.. with the same load and didn't taste popcorn. I regularly ran 5 to 6 consecutive 10 minute sessions....(whew, good thing I am semi retired). I heated this puppy up and cooled it down and heated it up again. I packed it tight and packed it loose. I used no, one and two spacers. Wow. Wow. Wow. This is an overall combination winner amongst convection portable vapes: best taste, battery, efficiency, stealth. You can use it all day on one charge and one fill if you must and it is a delight to use each time.

The taste at the new blue temperature is simply ambrosia. So it is at Green. You can do whole sessions, even a whole hour of 6 sessions at these low temperatures and marvel at the flavor all the way through. The Indica has always imparted great tasting vapor, but the adjusted temperatures result in even smoother, much milkier, tastier hits. Great tasting weed is wasted using most vaporizers as so far as capturing the taste is concerned. With the Indica, it is a whole different story, no matter what temperature range your prefer. It is like drinking fine.

We all know why we are here: The Indica has the best battery life, the best efficiency and the best taste of any portable in its price range and more. Sure, we all have back-ups, but they just can't compare. Hang in there. I consider myself so lucky to have this unit. I can't wait for you all to have it as well.

And, hang in there Mike. Every single vape I own has had problems. However, not all of the manufacturers have stood behind their product as you have and CONTINUE TO DO. Thanks for being there and standing behind the Indica. It is a fantastic piece of electronics. May your life return to normal soon. You deserve the rest as all will see.

Teaming,

gardenerjeff

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Well, since @Gardenerjeff spilled the beans, I too have been testing the latest new Indica Noir unit for the past month.

So far I have been REALLY liking this new Indica Noir, especially since I've had to make do with a Pax1 for several months after my previous Noir died.

The biggest change I've noticed is a much more powerful heater and slightly less resistance. I notice I can pull MUCH bigger clouds from the Indica than I could previously. Frankly, it's almost too much vapor. My first week I was coughing like crazy from the massive rips I was taking.

This change in heat has changed how I use the vape. Previously I would set my Indica to temp2 (blue) and enjoy some nice flavorful hits before moving to green and then moving to red to finish the load. Now however I find myself jumping right up to green and saving red for another session.

So far I haven't had any complaints about the revised Noir, aside from the paint job (one spot chipped off within 2 days of use - even though I was using the included felt bag for transportation).

I really need to get a video of my new Indica Noir + 14mm Waterpipe Adapter + PNWT. It's AWESOME - huge milky rips

Edit - one other observation.... I notice my sessions are MUCH shorter because the vape produces so much more vapor than before. Also because of the increased vapor production, I've noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of honey buildup inside the mouthpiece around the vapor path opening

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinuch

We're at the start of the herbal electric thermal pocket portable revolution lol. It will be worth the wait to be one of the first to own a vape like this. A few reviewers including me had it beating out the pax easily in almost every category. I'm very interested in the quantum as well. Can't wait to have my indica back.

Spinuch,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah like I said, Indica owns session conduction bar none imo.

Can't even remember how long I've been without one though, we'll see how much I enjoy it now that I'm so accustomed to on demand convection... Surprised to have not been included in the tests but I know it was a good crew and we'll all be taken care of soon enough...

I'd like to forget the noir and go back the plain steel sleekness, even if it can't just be darkened gunmetal steel, I loved my original production run model so much but it was over a year ago since that one least. But for the get go it was crushing the likes of Pax and Ascent in my experience

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I agree re the honey oil produced...it forms at the base of the mouth piece and is easily scrapped or licked ( come on..we are friends) off. Much more than before...and it tastes great! Very clean...

There is also no need to drill the mouthpiece due to the better draw...or what appears better... I went from silver to this noir and so that may be the difference. And, yes, clouds galore if you want...

Gardenerjeff

Indica Vaporizer

President
Manufacturer
Hi All,

Once again, I apologize for the silence this past month since my travels abroad. As you can see we’ve made changes to the heating configuration, which inevitably modifies the vapor output. To configure and adjust it becomes a true blend of art and science. It’s hard enough here in the United States but please remember, in China there is no Herbal product for the developers or manufacturers to test with as they adjust. Each step of the way, once a hardware or software modification is made, a sample needs to be shipped to the USA, tested then modifications in most cases, need be applied to adjust for the perfect vapor output.

This may give you a greater understanding why so many of the less expensive new Chinese manufactured Vaporizers rarely hit the mark first time in our market.

Anyways, on my last post, I mentioned that there were a few minor programing adjustments that still needed to be addressed. Well, these new heater beta units, with out the programing pre adjustments still came out pretty good. As I was leaving the Peoples Republic,, modifications to the programing board were underway. The thoughts were that production would begin 3 days later with the manufacturer of the past year, has prepaid inventory ready and we had plenty of demand to match the projected high volume.

This past month has been extremely difficult for the Chinese Economy. With out going into details the Manufacturer was unable to begin the order quantity once I had left the country. With that said, we’ve been working with this manufacturer and other operations to correct this situation. If I had a specific time that assembly would begin again, I would tell you now, but we have been and are working closely with several new allies and I should have answers soon. I’ll attempt weekly updates for all.

Regarding the “Quantum”, this is being manufactured at a facility that produces IPhone 6 components and is economically tied to the US dollar. As I had eluded to in several PMs, There will be several early working prototypes at the Champs Show in Las Vegas. The device is about 25%-33% smaller than the original Indica. Holds similar volume herb. Heats faster, Charges faster. But it’s greatest features are that it can be programed to meet all your specific vaporization presets, timings, wishes and habits. All in all, if makes Vaporizing simple from fill to unload with the press of two buttons.

There’s a lot more to this, and I’ll save it for your imagination until the event in Vegas. After, I’ll let more details out. Our patents have been applied for. You’ll note that we listened and did our best to implement almost all the group sourcing FC requests into the Quantum..

Lastly, as @Shit Sacks implied, you might want to look at “on demand convection” until the original Indica becomes available, because in less than 2 week Indica formally introduces the “Indica O2”. This is a merging of the marketing efforts of Indica and an existing company you are all familiar with and that all of you are very pleased with the product’s current results. Our company’s have merged R&D and will be bringing you a new and improved product in the next 30 days. Those who know the existing product are probably smiling already. Software upgrades will be backward compatible up to a certain line in the sand though. I can’t say more at this time, but I think you can see we are expanding the foundation based on what the consensuses of what the FC forum has been looking for and requesting for their vapor wish lists.

I hope this answers most of your questions and again apologize for the lengthy silence.

Michael

pickmita

Hi all!

I have my Indica since March and I've loved it! unfortunately, the past few days I've noticed my Indica won't turn my herbs to dark brown as it did in the beginning. Today, I loaded it with one spacer as usual (almost full chamber) and... I just didn't got high (at least not as I always do with the Indica). I checked the ABV and it was still greenish... so I thought the airpath was blocked or something, I cleaned it up, and turned it on just to check if it was heating as usual... after about 10 minutes or so I checked and -with the red light still on- there was no heat, no heat touching the unit, no heat in the chamber, no heat at all.

Now I have a dead Indica. I'm gonna pm Mike to see if I can get a new proper unit. I live in Chile so I'd have to ship the unit back to the US :/

ma125

Hi all!

I have my Indica since March and I've loved it! unfortunately, the past few days I've noticed my Indica won't turn my herbs to dark brown as it did in the beginning. Today, I loaded it with one spacer as usual (almost full chamber) and... I just didn't got high (at least not as I always do with the Indica). I checked the ABV and it was still greenish... so I thought the airpath was blocked or something, I cleaned it up, and turned it on just to check if it was heating as usual... after about 10 minutes or so I checked and -with the red light still on- there was no heat, no heat touching the unit, no heat in the chamber, no heat at all.

Now I have a dead Indica. I'm gonna pm Mike to see if I can get a new proper unit. I live in Chile so I'd have to ship the unit back to the US :/
Yeah that is basically what hapened to me twice and to a whole lot of other people...
I really miss and need my Indica and hope Michael sorts this out quickly.
It has been too long, but there's nothing we can do but wait

ma125,

dozzijdp

I do hope things go smoothly for Michael and all of us patient peoples.

One important question at this point is:

Will Indica honor all the folk who stuck with their purchases and waited things out with a choice between the Original/Black, the Quantum, and this new O2? I would at this point take whichever one releases first.

Can't wait to hear of the news on the formal announcement and any info on the quantum as it's shown in LV!

dozzijdp,
Top Bottom