Discontinued Incognito Vaporizer

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Great review from a fellow EU vapist Dondada!
I should receive both my IV & my MW this week so... I'm like a kid for Xmas...
BTW your english is perfect! ;)

FLskwat,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Great review! Dondada! Welcome to FC!
Wow! 15-25 hits per bowl?? Pretty amazing! And, yes I also think your English here is just fine! I look forward to more of your insights soon!

Bluntcrush,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
I see you guys are all butterin' me up so I will open back up the vip section eh? LOL no but seriously I greatly appreciate all the love and support I am receiving from you guys. Honestly without the initial FC orders and the faith you guys put into my products, new and unheard of or not, was the reason I was able to reinvest in parts pay off some debt and really start to get this business going. I know without my lovable vape supporters here on FC I wouldn't be in business right now! This may be why I value the customer service I'm giving because in reality without a happy customer the product/the business aren't worth squat.

I will be opening the VIP section back up today however the 4/20 Holiday sale will be geared towards the MW since Incognito glass heater covers are on back order and I don't want to get myself too deep in a back order hole. I like my products to ship and get to you decently fast but if there is enough interest I will add the IV to the VIP and just make it clear that the delivery time will vary depending on parts availability.

Also I want to give a huge thanks to DonDada for that awesome review and this awesome pic he sent me
hope you don't mind me sharing :)

43407260.jpg

HiPi,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
HiPi--
Does your email link on your website go directly to you? Hope so I just sent you a message there.

Silver420Surfer,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
@egzoset
Would you like footage?

@everyone who ordered a full package incognito and hasn't received it yet.

I am currently receiving ordered car adapters so once they come in you will have your item shipped to you. We ship quickly.

HiPi,

mlo4sho

HiPi said:
I see you guys are all butterin' me up so I will open back up the vip section eh? LOL no but seriously I greatly appreciate all the love and support I am receiving from you guys. Honestly without the initial FC orders and the faith you guys put into my products, new and unheard of or not, was the reason I was able to reinvest in parts pay off some debt and really start to get this business going. I know without my lovable vape supporters here on FC I wouldn't be in business right now! This may be why I value the customer service I'm giving because in reality without a happy customer the product/the business aren't worth squat.

I will be opening the VIP section back up today however the 4/20 Holiday sale will be geared towards the MW since Incognito glass heater covers are on back order and I don't want to get myself too deep in a back order hole. I like my products to ship and get to you decently fast but if there is enough interest I will add the IV to the VIP and just make it clear that the delivery time will vary depending on parts availability.

Also I want to give a huge thanks to DonDada for that awesome review and this awesome pic he sent me
hope you don't mind me sharing :)

http://www.tayloreverything.com/files/43407260.jpg

Awesome :) Can't wait.

mlo4sho,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Hey everyone, I jumped on the bandwagon. I know this has been answered previously, but can someone please verify that this will work with a PD/MZ car adapter? I have 3 or so of them sitting around, and i bought this primarily as a car tailgating vape. Just want to be certain i am ready to plug and go upon arrival. Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

dondada

IAmKrazy2 said:
Hey everyone, I jumped on the bandwagon. I know this has been answered previously, but can someone please verify that this will work with a PD/MZ car adapter? I have 3 or so of them sitting around, and i bought this primarily as a car tailgating vape. Just want to be certain i am ready to plug and go upon arrival. Thanks.

i dont think so...
As far as the IV has no detachable power cord you have to put the plug right into the suitable adapter

which looks pretty similar to this one:
Car_power_inverter_car_inverter_dc_to_ac_power_inverter.jpg

anyway im pretty sure you gonna like your new toy :)

At least i do :D :ko: :lol:

dondada,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Wow, thanks. Could have sworn I read that somewhere. About to email Hipi quick. Thanks

IAmKrazy2,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
HiPi said:
If the herb turns BLACK, Sorry but its not vaporizing, its burning.

This is what I emailed you about the other day. I am getting no vapor at recommended temp setting and have to turn it almost all the way up to get vapor and then popcorn tasting hits. I either get nothing or almost burned. Well I actually have quite a few black abv pieces when I cashed the bowl and per above you(and I agree as well I) realize that it is being burned. Using same herbs with LSV,MFLB,etc so I don't believe its strain related. Hopefully you can assist with this issue as it's not even a week old yet. I bought the full package. I know you are really busy right now with the MW and 420, but any help would be appreciated.

Silver420Surfer,

MG23

Relaxin'
Silver420Surfer said:
HiPi said:
If the herb turns BLACK, Sorry but its not vaporizing, its burning.

This is what I emailed you about the other day. I am getting no vapor at recommended temp setting and have to turn it almost all the way up to get vapor and then popcorn tasting hits. I either get nothing or almost burned. Well I actually have quite a few black abv pieces when I cashed the bowl and per above you(and I agree as well I) realize that it is being burned. Using same herbs with LSV,MFLB,etc so I don't believe its strain related. Hopefully you can assist with this issue as it's not even a week old yet. I bought the full package. I know you are really busy right now with the MW and 420, but any help would be appreciated.

Try waiting longer at the recommended temp before you hit it. Your problem may be due to not giving the unit enough time to heat to the sweet spot, and then kicking it to full temp and shooting right past it.

The real heat up time for the unit (I've found) is 9-12 minutes. Possibly a bit longer.

MG23,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Matty--
Appreciate any help. Thanks for your reply. But I have left the "recommended" setting on for well over 20 minutes and same thing..no vapor. If I have to wait for over 20 minutes for a "mobile" unit, that's not what I was sold. I just think I may have a defective IV. Because it is either bare(no vape) or burn. Even if I am going "past" the recommended temp, per HiPi's quote, BLACK means burned. My last bowl is roughly 5% black with knob turned all the way up for 10 min, then turned back a hair like other's suggested. Quite the disappointment currently.

per the IV website
Ceramic Heating element (3-5 minute heating time)

Silver420Surfer,

MG23

Relaxin'
Silver420Surfer said:
Matty--
Appreciate any help. Thanks for your reply. But I have left the "recommended" setting on for well over 20 minutes and same thing..no vapor. If I have to wait for over 20 minutes for a "mobile" unit, that's not what I was sold. I just think I may have a defective IV. Because it is either bare(no vape) or burn. Even if I am going "past" the recommended temp, per HiPi's quote, BLACK means burned. My last bowl is roughly 5% black with knob turned all the way up for 10 min, then turned back a hair like other's suggested. Quite the disappointment currently.

Yeah if you're waiting plenty of time then It doesn't make sense. If you're not getting vapor right at the green light after 20 minutes then something is wrong.
I just kinda threw in a tip that I could've used myself that I thought might help, to be honest. :D

And 3-5 may have been true for the original, smaller heating element, but it certainly isn't true for the tank of a heating element in the release model.

MG23,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Silver420Surfer said:
Matty--

per the IV website
Ceramic Heating element (3-5 minute heating time)

Well I am quite upset about your problem, if we cannot diagnose it, send it back and i'll fix it up for you. I couldn't understand why that would happen. Are you using it at home on a busy powerstrip? have you played with the temp a little to see if there is a better setting for your household? Please not that some houses run on a different voltage output and amp rating than others. For every unit tested out the door the recommended temp has produced the right heat as measured by IR heat measurement. If you cant get the recommended temp to work correctly then that would mean at the voltage output required to turn the light ON then the heating element is not outputting heat correctly BUT for you to turn it all the way up and burn it, also doesn't sound right because that would mean that the voltage is at its peak and the is output is correct.

I'd recommend turning it all the way up to heat it for about 5 to 7 minutes and then turning it down to zero point to reset the voltage reading for the light, then turning it slightly higher than the light indicator position. Tell me if this works for you, I'd recommend not using it on full blast if it smokes your herb... try using a setting in the middle. Also the whip needs to be heated up also when you use the recommended temp because that is what acts as a heat exchanger, its like the heating skillet, you cant just put a skillet over a hot stove and cook immediately, you gotta wait a little. This applies for usually only the recommended temp because it is like an energy savings setting. Email me back if you want to work this out extensively

HiPi,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Ok after looking into my email I figure i should address some key points. The bowl/whip must be enclosed in the chamber during heat up on the recommended temp. This is where the original 5 minute heat up came from. We also upgraded the heating element so times may vary depending on your heat up style. Once heat up temp has been reached and you take a few drags you will notice the clouds get thicker each drag for a while, this is because of the heating process of the setup. If you DO NOT get "clouds" like you see in the test video, turn it up a hair as this may be due to the circuit boards having a slight variation in voltage based on the users experience or use with the temp dial.

If you seem to just fail at getting the right temp going set it in between the light ON point and the maximum point and see if you can get "clouds" from that point. I've used over 30 different Incognitos and I get the same results each time. The difference in temp is surprising between 1 mm of turning so play with it a little.

There is no reason why every incognito shouldn't produce the same results as they are tesed carbon copies of each other. I also let many people use or barrow an incognito for testing and I can almost guarantee almost every one of them messed up at first, repeatedly lol. It's easy when you get it.

HiPi,

MG23

Relaxin'
There is a slight learning curve but I feel after about 5-10 uses most anyone will have it down to a science.

MG23,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I got the hang immediately, hell there is a green light to tell you when you hit the right spot.

If you have used other wand style vapes like the DBV, SSV, or VB then this should be second nature to you, just vertically.

This thing kicks ass, easily replaces the empty spot left by my now sold DBV. And I can honestly say I don't miss the DBV one bit with the Incognito around. Just as good of hits but it conserves so much better, and no stirring involved.

aesthyrian,

dondada

MattyGTwenty3 said:
There is a slight learning curve but I feel after about 5-10 uses most anyone will have it down to a science.

Agreed...

since im using this great device for 5 days i a row already... i thought about sharing my regular procedure with you guys :)
it works out quite well for me :ko: :lol: ..so maybe it could help any IV-novice :peace:

For preheating i turn the knob all the way up and turn it back just a litte bit right away....
leave it there for about 10min with cap on.
After putting the whip into the unit i turn back the knob about a quarter turn... probably a little further...
leave it there for another 2-3min.

Usually i instantly get great vapor with my first hit...if im getting out of patience...puffing 2-3 hits shortens it up :D ;)

If im not getting satifying hits i turn it up just a hair...really just a hair... two hairs ;) could be probably already above the sweet spot :cool:
When the clouds are getting thinner i turn it up another hair...but never all the way up :peace:

Most often i try to approach the sweet spot from the bottom up...... by approaching it from above i feel like wasting hits as well as flavour....
"from the bottom up" i feel like getting the maximum numbers of flavorful hits.

remember... the power knob i very sensitive
As far you get used to that fact i can very well imagine that you will like this great vape just as i do :)

:peace:

dondada,
aesthyrian said:
This thing kicks ass, easily replaces the empty spot left by my now sold DBV. And I can honestly say I don't miss the DBV one bit with the Incognito around. Just as good of hits but it conserves so much better, and no stirring involved.

I'd love to hear more along the lines of a direct comparison between the two. I just put my DBV up for sale/trade and am considering throwing down on an Incognito partly just for educational reasons. Is there anything you miss from the DBV, besides the likely faster heat up time?

My MW has replaced my DBV as the resident vapebonger and works great.

charliedontsurf,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
I'll reassert my satisfaction and endorsement of the Incognito after 2 weeks of use. I'm well vaked (of course).

I can't make a comparison to the DBV, or any other whip vape, but the IV meets my needs perfectly. My prefered method has been "Full Waterbottle", with the cap on and the handkit secure and unmoving inside.

I've been "sipping" on a bowl ( about .2g, maybe less) for about 45 minutes, gradually inching the temp up, approx. halfway between "light on" and full. I just blew another cloud and it tasted great. I mean, fuck, I got the IV for mad cheep vip style and the VT wand alone is 40(worth every penny) Thank you Hipi (and I-Girl) for an awesome vape.

Empherio,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
charliedontsurf said:
aesthyrian said:

I'd love to hear more along the lines of a direct comparison between the two. I just put my DBV up for sale/trade and am considering throwing down on an Incognito partly just for educational reasons. Is there anything you miss from the DBV, besides the likely faster heat up time?

My MW has replaced my DBV as the resident vapebonger and works great.

I will make sure to compare the Incognito to the DBV when I get back in a week and make my final review. Right now anything I could say wouldn't quite be fair since I owned my DBV for years and have had the Incognito for a week or two.

aesthyrian,

GetVaked101

Wow sad day. :|

I had my Incognito on the edge of the bed and my dog knocks if to the floor, Im thinking ok thats cool, the bowl wasnt in it, and this thing is a beast, no worries. But when I picked it up it turns out the glass on the very top of the heating element shattered (where you place the bowl). It was a 2 foot drop that did it, kind of surprised to be honest. My day is ruined, I just got off work and it was all warmed up, I didnt even get to use it! FML.

Thank goodness you send it in for repairs! :uhoh:

GetVaked101,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
wow how unexpected, 2 feet is nothing, the MW has fallen 6 feet easily and even further for the incognito and still remained perfect... well since we are moving stations I will send you a new address.

HiPi,
Top Bottom