In what quantity do you normally acquire your medicine?

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
The_Other_Shoe said:
Just as a side note, today I bought 3.5g of two strains. 1.5g of Dream Queen, and 2g of Church. I'm fairly sure though, that the DQ (AKA Green Crack) is Sativa, wasn't much that he had left unfortunately or I would have switched my numbers to 2g DQ and 1.5g Church, oh well I find myself happy with my purchase. today's buy was at $10/g at $35 for 3.5g :D I am happy with that especially since the buds are shitting THC as well as fairly hairy.
If you have managed to snag Green Crack, congrats it is one fine piece of vape weed.

http://www.theherbreport.com/2009/07/review-green-crack.html

Cerebral, talkative, social, euphoric. These are perfect descriptions of it. I don't find the high lasting that long. perhaps because it could have flowered a few weeks longer.
Supposed to be Indica, although I find Sativa effects from it.

Tom

tdavie,

Choism

lwien said:
aero18 said:
I go by the gram. Picking up every month and a half or two makes it unnecessary to pick up more for me.

I don't like having the same strain for an extended time.
Same. I vape every single night and a gram lasts me over a month so I go to the dispensary with plans of only getting a gram. That is, until I look at all those beautiful flowers and end up walking out with 3 to 4 grams of different strains. I just can't help myself.
So if you get 3-4 grams a visit, you will only have to make 4 trips to the club in a year. If I'm paying an annual fee for my medical mj card, I'm making more visits dammit, don't forget the awesome edibles!

Choism,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
jofroxp said:
I saw "dispensaries", :o Just curious, is a G 20 bucks in a dispensary? lol just curious.
Grams go for an average of about $10-20 depending on quality at the dispensaries. I'm sure there are cheaper ones but the high end stuff is usually about $15-20 and the low end stuff is $10-12. But even the low end stuff is very good.

I usually try to find organic stuff and indica so I usually pay around $18/g.

Glad to see some of you folks use even less than me. I thought I was a real lightweight but I see some of you use even less than me!

I've had my legal doctor recommendation since October and I still have some of the same several grams I bought on my first trip to a dispensary! But I buy a gram or two every month or so, anyway, just because I like to try different strains and have a variety to choose from.

I'm still at the stage where I get a "kick" out of going into dispensaries and knowing I can buy whatever I want to buy, legally!

A bit off topic, but one of my favorite experiences is going to Venice Beach where they have a dispensary with a window facing the beach and you can vaporize there (using my Launch Box) while sitting staring out at the beach, and cops can drive by and look in at you as you get medicated - no problem! What a trip!

MoeOnTheMoon,

Flyer

truthfully I am have trouble getting a 1 gram bit to last a week? and some get it to go a month? there is quite a bit of land all around here so dirt is king, we do not buy but I do weigh, 2 of us are at about a 1/2oz week. thanks godness the vape is frugil

Flyer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Flyer said:
truthfully I am have trouble getting a 1 gram bit to last a week? and some get it to go a month? there is quite a bit of land all around here so dirt is king, we do not buy but I do weigh, 2 of us are at about a 1/2oz week. thanks godness the vape is frugil
it mostly depends on how often you get high and how high you often get... ;)

I've been taking a 2 and 1/2 day break every week for one thing... and then on the 3rd day I get really high on just one hit! Also, this is grade A top California grown medicinal herb I'm talking about.

MoeOnTheMoon,

shantytown007

An Oz a month, though I save 10-20% of each zip, since my only remaining source will sometimes fall off the grid for a few months at a time. I have so many little bags hidden around the place now, it's like an easter egg hunt (and I hid an 1/8 of the best nugs I've had in ages last summer - I've already spent about 5 hours trying to find it to no avail :( )

shantytown007,

hereatlast

Haha I wish I could do that! I used to try and put a gram away every time I picked up big, never worked out well :lol:

hereatlast,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
shantytown007 said:
An Oz a month, though I save 10-20% of each zip, since my only remaining source will sometimes fall off the grid for a few months at a time. I have so many little bags hidden around the place now, it's like an easter egg hunt (and I hid an 1/8 of the best nugs I've had in ages last summer - I've already spent about 5 hours trying to find it to no avail :( )
It's vaporized! :D
:uhoh:

MoeOnTheMoon,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
depends. i'd rather pick up a zip at a time, but only heads. if my connect has only mids atm, i pick up by the 8th. if heads, i'll buy an ounce if i have the money or buy whatever the max i can afford atm (usually a 4th).

obelisk,

Derf

I buy a quarter at a time for $80-$100 depending on quality. I have switched exclusively to vaping so I usually only load like 0.05 - .15g per sitting. I vape 1 or 2 times a day, sometimes skip a day or three, sometimes have it 3 times a day... and the quarter lasts me a good couple of weeks (2-4 weeks depending).

I like to stick to quarters because I do notice a tolerance I build up and I get tired of flavors after a while. Also if I get something I don't like I don't have to work my way through a brick of it.

:2c:

Derf,

Derf

shantytown007 said:
I used to do this too... not so much because my source fell off the grid (although that does happen) but because it was nice to sometimes find a treat of something different from what I have at the moment... or if I'm dry to find SOMETHING. It was great when I'd find my stashes, like finding money in your pockets. But two things keep me from still doing it..

1) I usually remember where I hid it and how much, so as soon as I'm out I go break into the stash and the stash is gone.
2) I TOTALLY forgot where I hid it, and then when I'm out I can't find it and it does me no good.

Places I've stashed:

Back of the sock draw, IN the bottom of a pair of socks.
Inside jacket pocket of a suit jacket
Cigar humidifier
Eye glasses / sunglasses case

Generally someplace that I THINK I will happen across in the future.

Derf,

jimbo

winterize
Usually grab a 1/8th ($25) or a 1/4 ($50) a week, have a 1/4 of green crack and a couple g's of widow right now, both very tasty!

jimbo,

SimonC

When I bought product, I usually purchased a few ounces at a time to last a month or so. It's been a while....

Simon

SimonC,

MasterJake

I pick up an eighth every week , usually Grandaddy Purps or Afghan Kush . Then the kief/pollen from my grinder will last me a couple days once that's gone .

MasterJake,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Thank someone for the collectives in Ca. I like buying two different strains so half each. Lately I have been into sativas of the white variety. i.e. great white shark. I have been getting hash for 10.00/ g that is pretty good (soft at room temp). and I can teeners of pretty much whatever they have for 25.00 and eights for 45. :peace::ko:

jackstraw62,

AgentGraves007

rbrown13 said:
It really sucks because these meds are so much more effective than what i was being given by the medical community. I am on permanent disability so I have all day and I try to stay ahead of the pain.
Yeah, i mean what does the medical community usually recommend? benzos like valium and/or opiates like vicodin, oxy, etc? Both types are super phsyiologically addictive; and apparently benzos can also cause "rebound anxiety" where you feel MORE anxious after the drug wears off than you did before you took it, which only further reinforces the addiction. If pot can really relieve serious pain, then it is a no-brainer, now that vaping is around.

AgentGraves007,

sour

I buy mine in 1/8 for 45-55 bucks. Usually it's 50 bucks, depends which dispensary I feel like going to. I got rid of most of my smoking pieces and soley use my pd for all my medicinal needs. Vapor bonging is too intense for my likes. I vape 1 pd tube most days of the week about 2.5 hrs before bed, prefer indicas so I'm not up most of the night before work.

sour,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
When I started smoking in 1984, I would buy 1/4 at a time and pay $55 Cdn. It would last me a month, maybe 2 (got rather paranoid using it, and never had use for it as a medicine). In between now and then, the most I ever bought was 1/2, and the most I ever paid was $100 Cdn for 1/4 in 1992.

Now, because I can afford it, and I have the money to save money, I buy an oz at a time for $200-230 Cdn and g/f does the same.

Tom

tdavie,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
5.38 grams for $46 bucks :D
cant complain and if i only vape it will last me like two months or more at like .025-.1 a day, haha

Vaporgin.,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I always use quality herb. At about 10 grams a week right now, and I work around 50hrs a week in the winter, and use more in the summer when I work a little less. Typical use is of 6 to 7 grams of Sativa and 4 to 5 of Indica.

My only forms of consumption are edibles, vaporizers, and joints. I wont use any other forum of combustion. But, when i quit smoking cigs i often started to bring joints with me to the bar or other places i might be out drinking, to keep me off the tobacco. Nice way to meet people too, a pack full of joints is often welcomed.

Quantity i acquire my med's in is a different matter, but i dont every run out.

IAmKrazy2,

Nycdeisel

I like to buy in at least 1/8's or even 1/4's if I know what Im getting. If im trying something new I will get about a gram at first.

Nycdeisel,

OC513

Dabaholic
I buy a 1/4 at a time....used to last me a week when smoking, then lasted me 2 weeks when I started vaping, it now lasts me a full month with the WDZ........it still amazes me that a 1/4 lasts me a month.......my wife says I consume more than ever yet I use 1/4 the amount I used when I smoked......truly incredible.

OC513,

fidget

OC513 said:
I buy a 1/4 at a time....used to last me a week when smoking, then lasted me 2 weeks when I started vaping, it now lasts me a full month with the WDZ........it still amazes me that a 1/4 lasts me a month.......my wife says I consume more than ever yet I use 1/4 the amount I used when I smoked......truly incredible.

Same here - now down to approx 2g per week in the Q and getting higher than ever!
Now 11 months combustion free :)

fidget,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
I usually buy a 1/4lb or more. I buy from out of town, so when I do, I want to make sure I have enough to last me till I go out of town again.

CombustionJunction,
Top Bottom