1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Announcement

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stu, May 12, 2020.

1. uncanni

uncanni Well-Known Member

You guys are awesome: your efforts are a true labor of love.

2. Tuck

Tuck Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I was trying to edit a reply and I think I crashed the new server.

Jill NYC likes this.
  3. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Thanks, Tuck. :disgust:

The site is temporarily down but we are working with the host to get it back up asap.

This is....embarrassing.:bang:

:peace:

Summer, Ratchett and Jill NYC like this.
  4. Siebter

Siebter Less soul, more mind

I was doing exactly the same when it crashed.

Maybe it was both of us.

banana_republic and Jill NYC like this.
  5. despeRAWdo

despeRAWdo Fan of Hot Air Makers.

I can not reach fcombustion.com on my phone. Is this a common problem, because mobile is my main way to access the interwebs.

Edit: nevermind was in a bit of a panic when I wrote that, just saw that the site is temp. down.

Summer likes this.
  6. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Hoarder

How could you guys? No more editing for you two until you’ve had time to think about what you’ve done. :rofl:

Summer, C No Ego, Magic9 and 7 others like this.
  7. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Nothing embarrassing about it!

Growing Pains, simple as that... glad it occurred while OG FC is still up and running, everyone will naturally come back and check this thread for information.

8. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

It wasn't an accident @Stu . It's the government man. They're trying to silence our voices. :peace:

The government and big pharma are trying to keep the little stoners down man. :myday:

9. Stu

It's actually a problem with one of the servers that is affecting multiple websites that use our hosting service. I take no comfort in knowing that it's not just us, however. They are still working on it "diligently" and hope to have the issue resolved "shortly".

:bang:

10. Stu

We are back up now.

11. Daprezz

Daprezz Well-Known Member

Hi
    Joined ! Hope you will manage to save old threads. There's crazy data in there...
    Good luck !

12. archangelz001

archangelz001 FIRE!!

Thanks for the new site whatever name it ends up with. FC is the best community ever. NFC shall be as well.

13. conanOrien

conanOrien Member

Great work navigating this shitty situation mods! I had been wondering about the lack of SSL for a while... I figured it was a cost/benefit decision.

My first thought is just scraping the forums with a python script.... what type of data are you looking to save when preserving threads? Should be able to pull down all of the markup and then strip out the good stuff.

POC could be a fun project for the long weekend ahead :brow:

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    idboehman and Planck like this.
  14. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

This is our "Library of Cannabis", It is historical in every sense. I would like to think that if every member were to depart this space and time , this" time capsule "of sorts would remain to enlighten the future FC'ers to carry on this wonderful marketplace in which we all share ideas & opinions of the lifestyle we love . "Hope springs eternal" Alexander Pope (An Essay on Man, 1732)

Planck, Summer and archangelz001 like this.
  15. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I just had the biggest belly laugh reading these posts because when the site went down I was also editing "numerous" times - and I thought maybe it was me! :lmao:

Then, I read BFF's post & I'm in stitches!
    Thanks, guys, I needed that! :lol:

Tuck, banana_republic, Planck and 4 others like this.
  16. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Yeah, load me a demon lung and I'll be alright now

I just wanna say big thanks for importing the old style into the new FC :)) ! FC Mods are the best :p !

Shit Snacks and despeRAWdo like this.
  17. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

Not recognized by member name, email or password on the new site.

I have no idea what the Captcha clues are asking for?

Can you please use something less cryptic? or word it more clearly? or explain here what it means about the numbers it wants?

18. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Hoarder

How many colors are mentioned in the question? That is the answer. I agree, it’s a tricky question - especially for stoners!!

Summer likes this.
  19. pakalolo

pakalolo Toolbag v1.1 (candidate) Staff Member

You must register a new account. If you don't understand the question, ask for another one.

20. idboehman

idboehman Well-Known Member

Was able to register and confirm my account successfully (had issues when I tried after this thread was first posted). Fwiw my registration confirmation did end up in Spam but hopefully with everyone who uses gmail here pressing "Not spam" as well as the domain growing older, their categorization models will update and receiving emails from the site won't be an issue anymore.

Yup, i was thinking of trying to throw together an Apache Nuck crawler linked up to an Apache Solr install to provide search. Benefit of this is it could be left running to suck up all the posts that end up here during the transition to NFC. Simplest would definitely be to somehow recursively curl the website and then parse the data offline, the data is already structured so it really shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words)

21. Maryjanie

Maryjanie Well-Known Member

I've tried signing up 3 times on the new forum. Im not getting the confirmation emails. They aren't in my spam or trash eithef

22. Stu

I just manually approved your registration so you should be good to go now.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

despeRAWdo and Planck like this.
  23. pakalolo

Before anyone puts a lot of effort into a project like this, I'd like to make everyone aware that we are working on a solution and your effort will probably be redundant. Thanks for the sentiment.

24. MGG

MGG Well-Known Member

It's a shame we can't transition the stuff (posts, points, threads) over onto the new forum.
    This site needs to be archived. It's literally the most detailed vape database on the internet.

25. pakalolo

There is no way to move the FC threads directly into the NewFC forums. We are working on building an interface to archived FC threads that we will host at NewFC. Stay tuned!

Jill NYC, Planck, Shit Snacks and 3 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors