Discontinued Impcognito

swifty17

@mistvaporizer Hey I ordered an Impcognito on Friday, any chance it'll still go out today? Was hoping to get it before Thanksgiving. Super excited to try it out!

swifty17,

Momor

So, i have an Impcognito for almost 2 month now and i really love it !

I was hopping for something comparable to my Splinter V1 in terms of performances, but in a smaller form factor for out and about, and i'm not disappointed.

The wood mouthpiece for O ring stem helps you to keep your lips away from the heat of the short glass stem. It also allows you tu put a few glass beads in the stem to cool the vapor passing through the stem and IMO they do the trick quite well. The maker was kind enough to give me a bunch of those beads for free with my order plus a few spare screens (thanks again @mistvaporizer).
Without the wood tip, the glass stem gets a bit to hot for my lips.
By rotating the stem a little bit after every hit gives me almost perfectly even AVB and i can get it real dark.

I also bought a wood dosing stem for fury 2 caps (that i already own) for the stealth factor and it's perfect. It really look like a small e-cig tank and almost no one could guess what it really is. The vapor is hotter and harsher with this set up but totally manageable for me.
No need to rotate the stem to get even AVB with the dosing caps.

The combo, Splinter for home use and Impcognito for out and about almost completely killed my VAS.

I'm very happy and totally recommend this little beast.

koepen

SW1000R
@Momor your post feels exactly like the experiences I made with my Impcognito!
I really like the wooden stem for F2 dosing capsules as well.
It‘s just perfect for my needs.
Fantastic craftsmanship, great performance and a super nice combo with the evic vtwo mini...

RatsInMyHead

Hi all. I’ve got an Impcognito on its way and will be running it on an Aster RT. Does anyone have TCR settings for AF that they can share? Thanks in advance!

RatsInMyHead,

boon

Hi all. I’ve got an Impcognito on its way and will be running it on an Aster RT. Does anyone have TCR settings for AF that they can share? Thanks in advance!

Ok. the aster rt is really a good option. once you have it, make sure you've got a micro-USB data cable, which can transfer info in addition to charging stuff.

1. install nfe tools https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/af-12-rp-2-nfe-tools-v190703.3894/
2. install arctic fox through nfe tools (NToolbox.exe inside the folder of nfe after winrar's extraction, Update Firmware in the menu)
install the latest:
https://nfeteam.org/forum/forums/arcticfox-releases/
3. once everything set up you'll get into the menu of the arctic fox's configuration you'll search for TC profile, then you'll have to chooose
-TCR. set it to 110.
-Watts. set it 40W
-Temperature dominant: starting from 185C
--PS: If you wanna use 'autofire', you'll have to send some print screens or wait for another post, because i don't know how to enable it but i know that it can easily be found in the settings in some tab

Have fun and good flavors, because you'll quickly get it ;)

Mine is set at 160

RatsInMyHead

@boon thanks for the response.

I'm new to the 510 world and am still wondering about some of my AF TCR settings. I've done some reading on the NFE site to try to better understand all of the settings, but I don't understand all of it.

If anyone has any other suggestions on my Aster RT TCR settings, I would welcome your input.

Thanks!

Aster-RT-AF-TCR-Settings-Screenshot.png

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
No no, TCR is always enabled but in one case it's a simple bang-bang controller which is very crude and will overshoot a lot (i.e. the default algo found in the mod before you install AF) and in the other it's a better PI regulator, which is a PID without the D term. The latter is much harder to setup properly but should give you smooth regulation with much less overshoot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang–bang_control

vs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

simba

@weedanwine
Hey everyone, would appreciate a little help.

I bought my impcognito a while ago and stupidly just looked for a really small mod rather than looking at what type of mod, the software it ran etc... This means I ended up with a Smok RHA85 to pair with the Impcognito :doh:

They look good together, but that's about it. I find it terrible on wattage mode, and temp mode is a little better but shitty compared to how much some seem to like this vape. I really want to like this vape, I love how small it is, so I need to find the right mod to pair with it. Otherwise it seems to be a waste of the money I spent on it :huh:

Ideally I want something v.small. I've looked up a few of the mods people have talked about on this thread, but haven't found good links to buy them. Some of the links I got when searching for the Aster RT looked well dodgy.

I'd appreciate any mod suggestions and legit sites to buy from, I'm based in the UK. Also don't have any issues with flashing firmwares if that helps.

simba,

Momor

I use a Eleaf Istick Pico X, it's very small and light. It's not possible to change the firmware i think (at least it wasn't a few months ago) but it works good for me in wattage.
I think you can change firmware on the Istick Pico 25 (almost same size as the X).

Momor,
Reactions: simba

simba

@weedanwine
What wattage are you using it at? Also are you getting good satisfying hits on wattage mode without combusting?

Last edited:
simba,

GoldenBud

What wattage are you using it at? Also are you getting good satisfying hits on wattage mode without combusting?
I like it much more at TCR mode. this is not an High surface heater, just coils, you better use TCR IMHO. very clean tasty vapor. In wattage mode don't go above 35W i think.

simba

@weedanwine
I like it much more at TCR mode. this is not an High surface heater, just coils, you better use TCR IMHO. very clean tasty vapor. In wattage mode don't go above 35W i think.

Well I haven't liked it in wattage mode at all on my mod, which is why I'm trying to work out a better mod option, as mine isn't good for TCR mode. I'm not getting the performance from the vape that some others seem to be getting, hence the post I made looking for mod suggestions that pair well with this vape.

GoldenBud

Well I haven't liked it in wattage mode at all on my mod, which is why I'm trying to work out a better mod option, as mine isn't good for TCR mode. I'm not getting the performance from the vape that some others seem to be getting, hence the post I made looking for mod suggestions that pair well with this vape.
I'd get a Wismec P80. cheap, reliable, famous brand, 1 battery, can use auto-cruide 'session' if you like (with arctic fox)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: simba

simba

@weedanwine
I'd get a Wismec P80. cheap, reliable, famous brand, 1 battery, can use auto-cruide 'session' if you like (with arctic fox)

Looks good, little more than I can spend now, but that's not a big deal as I can wait. What's the height of it without anything attached? All the specs I see for it give the height with a tank attached.

simba,

Easywider

Simple is the way
+1 for P80 or a iStick Pico 75w ( or 75W x)

I ran mine on an Aster RT / Pico / P80 all with Arctic Fox FW very similar results across the board. 100,000x better then using wattage. The coils have no mass and they will heat beyond temp much too quickly for proper usage.

I liked the pairing with the RT and the Pico the best as they offer the smallest form factors for this little guy.

U can still grab an aster RT from AliX with free shipping to the UK if you don't mind the wait. Fasttech has Pico 75W and PicoX 75w with free slow shipping to UK as well.

The IMP is an very solid performer when set up with correct TCR :brow:

simba

@weedanwine
+1 for P80 or a iStick Pico 75w ( or 75W x)

I ran mine on an Aster RT / Pico / P80 all with Arctic Fox FW very similar results across the board. 100,000x better then using wattage. The coils have no mass and they will heat beyond temp much too quickly for proper usage.

I liked the pairing with the RT and the Pico the best as they offer the smallest form factors for this little guy.

U can still grab an aster RT from AliX with free shipping to the UK if you don't mind the wait. Fasttech has Pico 75W and PicoX 75w with free slow shipping to UK as well.

That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for, thank you :)
Are there any issues with getting fake versions of the Aster RT from AliX? I've shopped on there before, but it's so variable between vendors.

The IMP is an very solid performer when set up with correct TCR :brow:

That's what I hear! Thanks again :tup:

Top Bottom