Discontinued Impcognito

Plutonic

Nice sale on Aster RTs at eleafus ($27) if you can deal with the remaining colors (green, white). Only potential downside is that it's a side-by-side design, so it'll fit the cognito but not heftier attys.

Plutonic,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
ELIS-AST10-2T.jpg
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-Aster-RT-Starter-Kit-p/elis-ast10.htm

JOYE-VTN10-2T.jpg

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye-eVic-VTwo-Miini-Express-Kit-p/joye-vtn10.htm

Both under 40$ is that typical?

@mistvaporizer any impcogNEATOS hehe comming soon? I'll look back tonight in this thread I promise. If it's answered please ignore my dumb question ..

Yup, they are discontinued so discounted everywhere that still has them and limited colors yes. I got my AsterRT on AliExpress, where you can find all colors for much cheaper still. Mine is grey and cost under $15, but it is taking about nearly a month to arrive (but tracking says it'll be here Saturday apparently)

Shit Snacks,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
ELIS-AST10-2T.jpg
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-Aster-RT-Starter-Kit-p/elis-ast10.htm

JOYE-VTN10-2T.jpg

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye-eVic-VTwo-Miini-Express-Kit-p/joye-vtn10.htm

Both under 40$ is that typical?

@mistvaporizer any impcogNEATOS hehe comming soon? I'll look back tonight in this thread I promise. If it's answered please ignore my dumb question ..
You should be able to order either vape
http://mistvaporizer.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=88
Let me know if you have trouble ordering.
Joy etech's site has an evic mini express kit for $49.95

Urbanistic

Retailer
Had the pleasure of trying out the impcognito over the last few days. I really enjoy this piece. It's a great design, really clean vapour. We had it going at really low temperature settings on the mod.

flammy

Nice sale on Aster RTs at eleafus ($27) if you can deal with the remaining colors (green, white). Only potential downside is that it's a side-by-side design, so it'll fit the cognito but not heftier attys.

That's where I got mine. They had a lot more colors when I purchased. I went ahead and got an Ikonn since shipping was around $8 I think and with the second mod shipping was free. It was quick to ship though and really makes the impcognito a very portable vape. I like mine a lot rt/impcognito combo a lot. I need to get more pods though to make on the go reloading easier.

flammy,
Reactions: Plutonic

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Thanks to @Obsessed 2 for helping me on a very srs Reddit post I made :D:D:D:D

I did not think the new AF firmware would work with the Aster RT (the release notes on the NFE website specifically does NOT list the Aster RT under compatible mods)

...but thanks to this ol chap blazin' trails I now have autofire and 60s cutoff on my Impcognito making it even better and more convenient than it already was.

Thanks bro! I will have to make dumb, mocking reddit posts more often.

Last edited:

Plutonic

boon

Got my Impcognito 3 weeks ago...after the honeymoon i'm still enjoying this liitle beast.
The only downside : ordered a bloodwood received a bocote one.
First i tried with my smoant charon tc with no good results (tc is crap with my iheat too) Then i paired with my vaporesso swag. My. Settings are M=180 and 35w (thanks @muunch ) with the glass stem. No need to stir i only turn the stem between hits and the abv is evenly roasted.
With dosing caps and wood stem i need to bump my temp at 240 or the M value to 190 to reach my extraction level. The abv is evenly roasted in the dosing caps too but the taste is better without the caps.
I notice more inertia than my iheat. I need to wait 5s to reach the temp and vapor production continue 3-5 sec after releasing the mod fire button
I missed the aster rt sale on aliexpress. Im waiting for a wismec p80.
I think i've found my go to vape :rockon:
Tiny, efficient and beautifull :clap: congrats @mistvaporizer

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
First i tried with my smoant charon tc with no good results (tc is crap with my iheat too)

Interesting. I find stock TC in my SmoAnt Knight v2 to be pretty good without requiring any complicated tweaks and what not, out of the box.

Miles ahead of stock Joyetech / Eleaf / Wismec implementation.

I notice more inertia than my iheat. I need to wait 5s to reach the temp and vapor production continue 3-5 sec after releasing the mod fire button

This is really counter-intuitive. The Imp and Impcognito coils are much less massive. I've always found all MistVape units to have very little inertia and this is what I disliked in the MVT for instance (much harder to control for me compared to the Milaana) With TC on the Imp and Impcognito it's not a problem anymore, but in power mode they exhibit the same behaviour.

Are you using the same 'max power' value with both devices?

PS: I also have a iHeat and find it has less inertia than RBT vapes due to the lack of glass core and especially when using a wooden stem. But to me it still feels it has more compared to the Imps.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
i am pretty happy with avb without stirring. even if i fully stir i get 1 whimpy hit. it's not worth the time or effort imo

autofire/cruise mode makes this thing awesome. i did check, and i have a barely visible glow in complete darkness at 440f - even during cruise mode, nothing i am going to worry about, as i can finish bowls at 334~336 easily

i also needed to adjust my coils with a toothpick at one point... and 2 of my screws came loose?? (on the imp :science:)

i had to buy the correct tool to attempt to fix it. upon reception, it would not screw back in - though i could screw it fully out, and back into that halfway point on both screws... :hmm:

no performance issues so far as i can tell, but i am looking forward to getting a new deck so i can use this one as a "backup" ... i will also be getting another aster rt as a backup, now that i know this arctic fox firmware works!

Shit Snacks

I'm actually posting more in the main Imp thread now instead, since it is the same vape really just with a smaller shell, but I am up and running with the AsterRT and ArcticFox successfully with temp control via Mist instructions on website, I needed to lower my TCR to around 110 though.

2hsaxaq.jpg

What a pocket portable! No need to sacrifice on power and taste here :tup:

Ernie1086

Hey guys just got my Impcognito. I have a pico istick and I figured I’d just ask everyone first if I can even flash the new version of artic fox on this mod. I have never done this before I tried on our chrome book and it says it needs to be in windows . So my second question is there anyway to do it from the chrome book and is that pico gonna be ok or do I need a new mod or can I flash some other firmware on the pico if I can’t flash the artic fox on it. I bought a wismec reuleux 2/3 with tubo firmware on it but it won’t arrive til later so I’m just trying to use it with the pico till then. I also have p80 for my g43 . I was wondering if anyone would know if I could use that one without messing it up for the g43. Sorry for such a long post any help would be much appreciated

Ernie1086,

Shit Snacks

Hey guys just got my Impcognito. I have a pico istick and I figured I’d just ask everyone first if I can even flash the new version of artic fox on this mod. I have never done this before I tried on our chrome book and it says it needs to be in windows . So my second question is there anyway to do it from the chrome book and is that pico gonna be ok or do I need a new mod or can I flash some other firmware on the pico if I can’t flash the artic fox on it. I bought a wismec reuleux 2/3 with tubo firmware on it but it won’t arrive til later so I’m just trying to use it with the pico till then. I also have p80 for my g43 . I was wondering if anyone would know if I could use that one without messing it up for the g43. Sorry for such a long post any help would be much appreciated

I would just use it in wattage mode on the pico for now while you wait, start at 5 watts then go up to 8 and see how that is for you heat wise (I believe that should be a safe range) I do think you will need to find access to a windows computer if you want to try messing with firmwares... The main Imp thread will have much more users and info btw, they are functionally the same only with different shells

Shit Snacks,

Ernie1086

Ok I got it installed on the pico I’m just wondering how I lock the resistance now with the artic fox when I press the fire button with the plus button it just pulls up the menu and maybe I can lock the resistance from there just don’t know how

Ernie1086,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@Shit Snacks: I understand when you recommend using power mode to new users in the Splinter or iHeat threads, but honestly, with tiny coils devices like the Imp and the Impcognito, there's just so little inertia that I find power mode to be very frustrating.

I really recommend using exclusively TC mode. It's not that hard to setup and you only have to do it once. Afterwards the experience is so rewarding there's no turning back.

Also keep in mind that TC works really better with regular dual coils like here vs complex mesh heaters like in the others. Never had any erratic behaviour with my Imp or Impcognito, they both have been flawless since day one...and quickly became part of my daily rotation.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks: I understand when you recommend using power mode to new users in the Splinter or iHeat threads, but honestly, with tiny coils devices like the Imp and the Impcognito, there's just so little inertia that I find power mode to be very frustrating.

I really recommend using exclusively TC mode. It's not that hard to setup and you only have to do it once. Afterwards the experience is so rewarding there's no turning back.

Also keep in mind that TC works really better with regular dual coils like here vs complex mesh heaters like in the others. Never had any erratic behaviour with my Imp or Impcognito, they both have been flawless since day one...and quickly became part of my daily rotation.

I agree, but figured if he couldn't get the firmware set up why not try it for now. Mist's AF instructions worked well for me, but I have no idea how stock TC would work...

@Ernie1086 I locked my cold resistance on the computer before uploading the profile to my AsterRT

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: KeroZen

flammy

The auto fire update to Arctic Fox was a game changer for me with the Imp. I used it prior but with mixed results. Now its just about remembering draw speed and how that changes the heat signature through the chamber. Its actually a part of my rotation now. I still can't get the settings down on my Impcognito...if someone could provide guidance on settings for that on an Ikonn, I would greatly appreciate it.

I tried temp control on the Splinter and quickly went back to wattage...seems meant to be used in that mode.

Ernie1086

Any help with settings on a pico istick would be awesome. I set up my pico with Dave’s directions for the aster RT and that went smooth. It just seems to be to hot I’m getting black charging on the bottom of the load in the glass shorty but hardly turning color in the capsule

Ernie1086,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For some reason I wasn't able to transpose the Imp settings to the Impcognito. If I stick to the 180 TCR setting for instance, I need to lower the temperature on the Impcognito to about 115°C to start a session. So my usable range is 115°C to 145°C on screen, which translates to 240°F to 295°F.

I should tweak my TCR setting but since it's working fine and gives me enough temperature steps to play with, I couldn't care less if the screen temperature corresponds to anything. I just remember that 115°C is low temp tasty goodness and 145°C can give me that sleepy popcorny effect... good enough for me!

flammy

For some reason I wasn't able to transpose the Imp settings to the Impcognito. If I stick to the 180 TCR setting for instance, I need to lower the temperature on the Impcognito to about 115°C to start a session. So my usable range is 115°C to 145°C on screen, which translates to 240°F to 295°F.

I should tweak my TCR setting but since it's working fine and gives me enough temperature steps to play with, I couldn't care less if the screen temperature corresponds to anything. I just remember that 115°C is low temp tasty goodness and 145°C can give me that sleepy popcorny effect... good enough for me!

This is exactly what is happening with my impcognito. It works but the temp is so low that it makes me think that I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'll play with my TCR settings a little. Thanks.

flammy,
Reactions: KeroZen

Easywider

Simple is the way
Any help with settings on a pico istick would be awesome. I set up my pico with Dave’s directions for the aster RT and that went smooth. It just seems to be to hot I’m getting black charging on the bottom of the load in the glass shorty but hardly turning color in the capsule

Here's my Pico Settings. I have a usable range of 350f - 420f . TCR could probably be lowered another 5 but this has been working really well for me. On the mistype website it states the congnito coils are closer to the stem so that's probably why people are experiencing higher temps using the same TCR.

7jodaOr.png

NH56HHh.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom