Discontinued Imp by MistVape

Hi everyone, I registered here to ask a few questions. I am very interested in the Imp, but I am really lost when it comes to Box mods. I currently use a Vapcap and a Solo 2 and I am really interested in trying out the Imp, because I have heard nothing but great things about the other products from MistVape. Would my experience be totally different from lets say a Solo 2?

Well anyway, I've seen a few mods posted here, like the Smok X-Priv which looks really nice (like a phone) and the eVic V2 Mini (which seems to be discontinued). From experiences, would a different type of Mod be better? I really like the looks of the Priv, but I am unsure if it would be the best Mod for use. I have had other Smok products before and I really liked them. I am just totally lost. There are so many options when it comes to Mods. :)

GoldenBud

Hi everyone, I registered here to ask a few questions. I am very interested in the Imp, but I am really lost when it comes to Box mods. I currently use a Vapcap and a Solo 2 and I am really interested in trying out the Imp, because I have heard nothing but great things about the other products from MistVape. Would my experience be totally different from lets say a Solo 2?

Well anyway, I've seen a few mods posted here, like the Smok X-Priv which looks really nice (like a phone) and the eVic V2 Mini (which seems to be discontinued). From experiences, would a different type of Mod be better? I really like the looks of the Priv, but I am unsure if it would be the best Mod for use. I have had other Smok products before and I really liked them. I am just totally lost. There are so many options when it comes to Mods. :)

It should work with any 510 50W MOD, However, from my experience, With ELEAF Pico 75W the "CAP" of the battery touching the imp base - which is too tight for it.
Any other, wider, 510 mod will be good for the kicking asses IMP.

Comparing to solo 2 : I'd say that the IMP gets hotter sooner, I'd say that with TCR it gets hot almost like 5-6 seconds after button pushed and held, more 'on-demand' comparing to the Solo 2.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: KeroZen

Improvaper

Wow, wow, wow... what a great little vape. I'm totally smitten. Absolutely perfect setup for my needs on the go. And truth be told it'll get a lot of love at home, too. I just really enjoy the format and using it. Please bear with me and my "noob excitement" as I share a bunch of thoughts here...

My shell fit is just sliiiightly off. It settles perfectly but seems to want to "lean" to one side due to imperfections in the O-ring groove, I'd imagine. Very minute issue and I'm not complaining. I think a second O-ring would be beneficial to a more secure fit. Or maybe a more robust single ring? The current one feels pretty flimsy and it hampers pocketability for me. I'm afraid of damaging it. I experimented with some extra O-rings I have around but they are all too thick without a groove. What did work, however, was a very thin sliver of Gorilla Tape (like thick padded duct tape), just enough to fill in the space below the O-ring. Makes for a very snug fit and no more gangsta lean. I'll keep an eye and nose out for anything weird resulting from it,but I don't think it gets hot enough there in my usage patterns to cause issues with offgassing.

As far as my mod goes (Evic v2 mini on Tubo firmware), I've been going back and forth between all the modes deciding which works best for my needs. They all work fine, but I think normal temperature control mode is most reliable. Tubo seems to work about the same but maybe eats battery faster? Not sure about that, need more usage to see. I don't think the battery indicator is very accurate on the mod. I don't really get what the difference is between Tubo and regular temp control. Power mode works great with pumping though occasionally would deliver a non-hit, most likely due to inexperience. I'd range from 25 to 32 watts in power mode before my draw couldn't keep up to avoid combustion.

I had issues with the last steps of the blog instructions. Holding the fire button does not get me a reading on Tubo resistance, it just stays at zero. I also can't set "check" to no. I locked resistance on Tubo and SS to 211 because that seemed to be around what it was showing in use right as I pushed the button from a cold start, and it was also reported by others to work well. Anyone know what could be causing these issues and am I hurting anything by "overriding" it like I have?

It seems to work very well if a little under temp at this point. I have not tried to adjust resistance to change that. I just compensate with higher temp settings than usual. I can go reliably from "Arizer Solo on demand" type flavor hits around 380° right on up to "fully extracted in seconds through water" at 500°. No combustion if I keep my draw speed right. It really performs nearly as well as my DBV, seemingly held back only by the 14mm form factor. Incredible!

Efficiency is beyond anything else I have (Solo, DBV, Mighty, Square, Flip, Dynavap, Shift) except I guess the DBV stopped down to 14mm where it's a tie. A full load of the wooden gong gets me 15 hits or more ranging from 380~450° over the life of it. I was obsessing with spotting at first but realized quickly that if you intend to take your AVB to super dark anyway, as I always do, it all evens out in the end with no real hit on flavor.

Flavor goes from top of the line for the first 5 hits of a bowl to better than nearly anything else I have for the rest of them. The end of a bowl in particular is very smooth, even without stirring. The hits as I take them are hot, but I like that. Seems to intensify the high. It has a very pronounced and unique high signature compared to the rest of my collection, probably due to the heat. It just adds to the efficiency for me.

It all boils down to a KILLER vape experience. Glad I took the venture into this 510 world. Cheers!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I haven't yet shipped to Russia. If you are comfortable with it coming to you I'll ship. It is about $15 not sure how long it will take to arrive. Order on the site and I'll send an invoice for shipping

@dagfp the Imp is 1 5/8" long (not including the threaded connector that comes out the bottom) and about 1" in diameter. We start with a 1" rod and sand it down to get a nice finish, still measure very close to 1".

Last edited:

dagfp

this vape looks exciting!

it seems to me that by using box mods as a power source, herbal vapers can take advantage of the improved battery efficiency borne out of the faster development cycles of e-cig manufacturers.

im sure that dry herb manufacturers do a decent job squeezing juice out of 18650s and whatnot but they are probably still lagging behind ecig box mods... not to mention the proprietary battery packs

does anyone feel like their Imps + mods last longer than traditional portable vapes?

the imp looks perfectly portable with the wooden stem and compact heater design but how easy is it to load on the go, incognito style? are there any other drawbacks that would hamper it's stealth?... any lingering smells?

i may have missed it but does anyone have the dimensions of the imp? i am used to walking around with a bulge in my pants but 2 bulges might be a more difficult look to pull off...

Wow, wow, wow... what a great little vape. I'm totally smitten. Absolutely perfect setup for my needs on the go. And truth be told it'll get a lot of love at home, too. I just really enjoy the format and using it. Please bear with me and my "noob excitement" as I share a bunch of thoughts here...

My shell fit is just sliiiightly off. It settles perfectly but seems to want to "lean" to one side due to imperfections in the O-ring groove, I'd imagine. Very minute issue and I'm not complaining. I think a second O-ring would be beneficial to a more secure fit. Or maybe a more robust single ring? The current one feels pretty flimsy and it hampers pocketability for me. I'm afraid of damaging it. I experimented with some extra O-rings I have around but they are all too thick without a groove. What did work, however, was a very thin sliver of Gorilla Tape (like thick padded duct tape), just enough to fill in the space below the O-ring. Makes for a very snug fit and no more gangsta lean. I'll keep an eye and nose out for anything weird resulting from it,but I don't think it gets hot enough there in my usage patterns to cause issues with offgassing.

As far as my mod goes (Evic v2 mini on Tubo firmware), I've been going back and forth between all the modes deciding which works best for my needs. They all work fine, but I think normal temperature control mode is most reliable. Tubo seems to work about the same but maybe eats battery faster? Not sure about that, need more usage to see. I don't think the battery indicator is very accurate on the mod. I don't really get what the difference is between Tubo and regular temp control. Power mode works great with pumping though occasionally would deliver a non-hit, most likely due to inexperience. I'd range from 25 to 32 watts in power mode before my draw couldn't keep up to avoid combustion.

I had issues with the last steps of the blog instructions. Holding the fire button does not get me a reading on Tubo resistance, it just stays at zero. I also can't set "check" to no. I locked resistance on Tubo and SS to 211 because that seemed to be around what it was showing in use right as I pushed the button from a cold start, and it was also reported by others to work well. Anyone know what could be causing these issues and am I hurting anything by "overriding" it like I have?

It seems to work very well if a little under temp at this point. I have not tried to adjust resistance to change that. I just compensate with higher temp settings than usual. I can go reliably from "Arizer Solo on demand" type flavor hits around 380° right on up to "fully extracted in seconds through water" at 500°. No combustion if I keep my draw speed right. It really performs nearly as well as my DBV, seemingly held back only by the 14mm form factor. Incredible!

Efficiency is beyond anything else I have (Solo, DBV, Mighty, Square, Flip, Dynavap, Shift) except I guess the DBV stopped down to 14mm where it's a tie. A full load of the wooden gong gets me 15 hits or more ranging from 380~450° over the life of it. I was obsessing with spotting at first but realized quickly that if you intend to take your AVB to super dark anyway, as I always do, it all evens out in the end with no real hit on flavor.

Flavor goes from top of the line for the first 5 hits of a bowl to better than nearly anything else I have for the rest of them. The end of a bowl in particular is very smooth, even without stirring. The hits as I take them are hot, but I like that. Seems to intensify the high. It has a very pronounced and unique high signature compared to the rest of my collection, probably due to the heat. It just adds to the efficiency for me.

It all boils down to a KILLER vape experience. Glad I took the venture into this 510 world. Cheers!

Hey man, I am eddiestarkk on reddit, you replied to me yesterday there too. Thanks for the two informative posts, here and there. I am more of a microdoser,. I think that's why the Imp appealed to more more because of the 14mm stems. I am definitely going to purchase the Imp. I really love my Solo 2. I can usually get 12-14 pulls. I always under pack it to usually get more out of my herb. I do lose my flavor after the first slow draw. I like to hear that you are getting flavor from 5. There's are reason right there for a new daily driver. I know I might killed for this, but I am not to fond of my Vapcap. I don't get much flavor and I don't like the quick hits as much. It's nice if i'm in a hurry though. Just don't use it as much.

Has anyone tried any water pieces for the 14mm? I have a bubbler and a bubble straw for my Solo. My wife would kill me if I bought a bong so those have to do.

Sativapo

@paytonpenn can you tell me what you're using for a mouthpiece in your Imp video? Is it just a silicone sleeve? I would love something like that for on the go.
Has anyone a link for this type of silicone sleeves ?
Vapcaps work well as stems for the Imp ;)
(with a piece of silicone tubing round the fins to fill the gap and make a seal)
Same with this tubing, any link ?

Thanks

Hippie

I've been through my ebay history to try to find exactly which tubing I'm using
It doesn't say anymore tho unfortunately as I bought a few different variations for making whips and adapters in the same order.
I think this is the ad https://ebay.us/GsgjfH
It measures around 9 or 10mm internal and 13 or 14mm external

GoldenBud

Has anyone tried any water pieces for the 14mm? I have a bubbler and a bubble straw for my Solo. My wife would kill me if I bought a bong so those have to do.
Yea, I've tried the IMP with the 'D020' bong , brought from DHgate website, and it's awesome
It's not a big bong, why your wife would kill you? maybe give her the first bowl to try ;)
tell me later if she killed you or got really.... IMPed.....

GoldenBud

this vape looks exciting!

it seems to me that by using box mods as a power source, herbal vapers can take advantage of the improved battery efficiency borne out of the faster development cycles of e-cig manufacturers.

im sure that dry herb manufacturers do a decent job squeezing juice out of 18650s and whatnot but they are probably still lagging behind ecig box mods... not to mention the proprietary battery packs

does anyone feel like their Imps + mods last longer than traditional portable vapes?

the imp looks perfectly portable with the wooden stem and compact heater design but how easy is it to load on the go, incognito style? are there any other drawbacks that would hamper it's stealth?... any lingering smells?

i may have missed it but does anyone have the dimensions of the imp? i am used to walking around with a bulge in my pants but 2 bulges might be a more difficult look to pull off...

Comparing to a Fury 2, the IMP is incredible. great extractions for a portable device

Last edited:

Improvaper

Oh yeah. The Imp rips through all my glass like a champ. The Imp really likes some solid airflow to get it roasting nice, and a water piece will get you that in spades.

Vapcaps work well as stems for the Imp ;)
(with a piece of silicone tubing round the fins to fill the gap and make a seal)

Yes, they work remarkably well. The Ti tips are better for pausing between hits for obvious reasons, but the SS ones will hit for daaaays through water. Gotta be careful because they tend to run hot, but you can spark an SS tip at 420° till it gets going, let go of the button and ride residual heat for several seconds, producing a thick plume of vapor right under the point of combustion. But it tastes great. That's what I'm talkin' about! Killer vaping. And it's still very efficient.

Nurullav

I have a Boundless CF currently. The reviews on this vape are strongly pushing me towards buying this however I lost my old eVic VTwo mini and they are no longer in stock on fasttech (except for a bright orange box, which is not my style). I see many of you have this mod and was wondering if anyone knows where to get this box / has any extras to ship I would be grateful. On the case that I cannot find one anyone have suggestions for a similar box that is portable but has a nice display? I've looked at the eVic VTwo Primo mini and perhaps that is the best replacement?

Nurullav,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I have a Boundless CF currently. The reviews on this vape are strongly pushing me towards buying this however I lost my old eVic VTwo mini and they are no longer in stock on fasttech (except for a bright orange box, which is not my style). I see many of you have this mod and was wondering if anyone knows where to get this box / has any extras to ship I would be grateful. On the case that I cannot find one anyone have suggestions for a similar box that is portable but has a nice display? I've looked at the eVic VTwo Primo mini and perhaps that is the best replacement?
Love my Primo but it doesn't have cruise control or support for latest tubo firmware which I highly rec. I purchased my VTCs on ebay for like 25 bucks. Fasttech is awful anyway.

If anyone curious I will be post a lot of clips of Imp use this month on IG.

Here is the first video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtXJxRCgXEz/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1xi2jihrbjgw

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Rockbottomvapes.com $34 for the vtwo and they have great service. I've bought seven from them so far
https://www.rockbottomvapes.com/evic-vtwo-mini-express-kit-75w-temp-control

Sativapo

There is also the Wismec Presa 100W and Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual that seem to take the turbo firmware.

Last edited:
Sativapo,

Sativapo

The Reuleaux RX Gen3 does not work with the tubo software, the RX75, 200S, 2/3, mini, and 300 are the Reuleaux models that work with tubo softways.
Yes, indeed. Too bad the others are either huge either with built in battery. Too bad it doesn't fit the pico 25 I have cause it's really stealth. I ordered the primo mini and like the sinuous P80 a lot, too bad they don't take the firmware. But is it really usefull ? Arctic fox must be enough. It's mainly for the cruise mode as I understand, but except when you're too lazy or vaped to push the button too long :lol: what are the other interests ? The vtwo doesn't pair too well visually, with the wood casing, it does...

Last edited:
Sativapo,
Reactions: KeroZen

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
Yes, indeed. Too bad the others are either huge either with built in battery. Too bad it doesn't fit the pico 25 I have cause it's really stealth. I ordered the primo mini and like the sinuous P80 a lot, too bad they don't take the firmware. But is it really usefull ? Arctic fox must be enough. It's mainly for the cruise mode as I understand, but except when you're too lazy or vaped to push the button too long :lol: what are the other interests ? The vtwo doesn't pair too well visually, with the wood casing, it does...

From my understanding artic fox has a slower ramp up time than the tubo firmware. The tubo firmware is also already set up with tcr for these stainless steel heaters, so there's no need to mess around with settings, simply input the resistance of the coil and select your tempertempe and you're good to go. The tubo firmware also doesn't have a cut off for how long you can hold the button down for, meaning you can take longer hits without having to let go of the button to reset the timer.

Monkeyhouse,
Reactions: Sativapo

CL52613

Just a few questions and I hope they are not redundant. Is this vaporizer's operation and form factor similar to the Splinters and Stempods using a 14mm stem rather than 18mm? Is there a reason DNA box mods are not being used with this vaporizer? Does the Imp have a screen above the heater module and is the stem tapered or straight? Other then stem size, and whatever perceived benefits a smaller stem might provide, how does this vaporizer perform as compared to the Splinters? Thanks Y'all.

CL52613,
Top Bottom