Discontinued Imp by MistVape

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I placed an order this morning along with an Evic V2 mini. This will replace my poor Haze Square (I love it but it's a PITA and unreliable) as my on-demand on-the-go vape. Great thread, great info, great vape. I'm a 14mm <.1g sort of guy so this is right up my alley. Looking forward to it.

Why'd you take down your livestreams on it, @paytonpenn ? I was looking forward to watching them this evening but they up and disappeared. I didn't care about the audio lol. Any other link to them?
I took them down as I didn't feel they were that great of a show of the Imp's potential. Streams are normally temporary videos if I'm unable to get good shots initially.

@paytonpenn It seems to me that your resistance number is really high.

The resistance on my imp is roughly half of yours?
Yeah settings are rather variable (especially coil resistance), If I put my resistance lower my unit just doesn't heat up enough. Everyone will probably have to find their own zone when they click in the coil the first time it should give you a reasonable range to start with.

I know of users with their coil resistance higher than what I settled with.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Vapenvy

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Anyone that wanted purple heart please dm me. I went through my list and want to make sure i didn't miss anyone

mistvaporizer,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Are you on Instagram? @mistvapehv is my account. I posted video of each. Been crazy lately and haven't taken time to take pics and upload them here

Hippie

Loving mine so far :love:

Setting the TCR to 185 and adjusting the resistance has worked well with all the mods I've tried.

The wooden stems (lined and plain) are getting the most use, rotating regularly for even heat throughout the bowl with no hot spots. I think they're a little more efficient than the glass ones as I've been having to increase the temp 3 degrees or so to get the same results with the glass ones.

Speaking of efficiency, battery life is quite stunning compared to my other 510 dry herb atties. So much so that I'm actually considering a single battery mod as a viable option for the Imp

kuzko

Received my pre-order Bocote Imp today. Won’t try it out until later tonight but but first impression is all about how SMALL the Imp is. It’s so cool. And the beaded mouthpiece is killer looking too. This little guy is very portable with the right mod.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Summer so far only one set of coils has needed replacement out of about 50 builds. That one was because the user was in Cruise mode and forgot about it. The coil fried.
Other than that i expect the coils to last a long time. I haven't had to replace any Touch coils and they are also SS and they have been the wild for several years. The coils in nicotine juice mods are run wet and they don't last. Dry use SS coils seem to last a long time. If it did need replacing the end user can do it or I'll do it.
The coils are stock Clapton coils so they are easy enough to find and inexpensive

little maggie

My imp came today and I gave it a quick try. I used the whip I use with my MVT and the box mod I use with my Z. I am too unfamiliar with mods to change the settings but I've been using the p80 with no changes without any problems.
I definitely did something wrong and I don't know what. My first and only inhale was so hot I'm still recovering from it. And the herb was charred.
I don't know all the settings but the screen says 42w and 2.90v.

(And what is the small bocote disk for?)

GoldenBud

My imp came today and I gave it a quick try. I used the whip I use with my MVT and the box mod I use with my Z. I am too unfamiliar with mods to change the settings but I've been using the p80 with no changes without any problems.
I definitely did something wrong and I don't know what. My first and only inhale was so hot I'm still recovering from it. And the herb was charred.

I hope you didn't burn the coil
You should start at 15W-25W with the IMP
about the voltage I don't know, seems too low

PPN

Volute of Vapor

Hi, you have to set your mod box differently for each vape, 42w seems too much since less than half of that is needed with the Imp, yes I hope you didn't broke anything!

Tha small disk is a washer in order to hide the connector, so it will go between the Ip and the mod box.

little maggie

Hopefully I didn't destroy it. Hopefully it can be repaired if I did. I'm not going to try it again tonight but I'm going to switch it to the evic mod which I am most familiar with because of the tubo. Still not sure about settings but I know how to lower the w.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Start at 14 watts and increase .3 at a time. I was using about 15.5 in w mode
The coil should be fine, i fire them pretty hot to burn them in. If anything is damaged i can fix it.
Try at low watts, 14 w should be all flavor with a little vapor.

Last edited:

kuzko

Took the Imp for a test run last night.

I have a few Splinters and a Z and a Stempod so I am familiar with 510 herb attys and mods. Despite previous experience, I think I messed up my first go with the Imp.

Instead of going with one of my established DNA mods, I stuck the Imp on this obscure “woody vapes” mod which has an all wooden body, because the look of wood on wood got the best of me. I originally got this mod for the Splinters but stopped using after a combustion event. It wasn’t consistent like the DNAs and performed much hotter than with similar TC settings on other mods. So of course use it for my first go with the Imp.:doh:

I read the instructions and set the mod to the minimum 14W. Packed a full load in the absolutely gorgeous beaded stem. Super easy. Load it up and take a rip. Almost instant combustion. I was able to cut the hit short when I saw the stem milking up so it wasn’t too bad but the load was scorched. Also a scorch mark on inner body screen.

I then cleaned up and went in for round 2. Unscrewed a Splinter from my Therion DNA and stuck on the Imp. I accepted the new resistance setting. I decided to fire it up in wattage mode at 14W without a load and see what the coils are doing. In order for them not to glow I had to go down to 6W. But I’ve always used TC settings, not Wattage mode, to control glowing in 510 herb attys. I tried SS 316 profile with upper W limits of 14-25 but didn’t get enough heat to get any vapor.

But the weird thing was, when the coils would glow, only one little ring on one side of the coils was glowing. And it’s right where the load was scorched in the previous round and is also right under where the body screen now has a black scorch from round 1.

Is there a reason only one ring out of the many rings of coil on both coils would be glowing? Is the coil out of place/need to be adjusted? My problem may be uneven heating of the coil because on the DNA mod I went all the way up to 25W and could only get the flavor of warm herb, no vapor. Which made me think the woody mod was firing at a much higher wattage than it shows on screen because it combusted.

Gorgeous unit, beautiful everything. Just haven’t dialed it in yet performance wise and may need some tweaking. The wooden ring is appreciated and does make it better but you still have to make sure it’s in just the right position when you are screwing the Imp on the mod. I still can’t believe how small the Imp is.

kuzko

Looks like you have a partial short. Try strumming the coil windings with a toothpick or any other rather soft tool. Make sure they are well spaced apart with zero contact points.
Thank you dude! I just checked and it looked like there was a contact point on that part of the coil. I used a toothpick to correct and quickly fired it up at 15W and no more glow or apparent hot spot. I fired it dry but I’ll try it again tonight with a load. Thanks for the tip!

BlueRidgeGreen

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share a quick first impression after receiving my pre-release imp yesterday. I only have a crappy old kbox mini mod, but have still been getting excellent results in power mode from 16-26w with my coil reading at 0.3ohms. It was initially reading 0.2ohms, but after playing around with the screws and coil placement a bit I got it to hold at 0.3 (the minimum the kbox can fire). I have yet to get any hits that are too hot, even with just the standard stem, and the efficiency and flavor are on-point. No problems with hot spots at all either with stems packed about 2/3 - 3/4 full. I currently have the air holes perpendicular to the coils and think I prefer it that way at the moment, but it also works fine with them diagonal to the coils. The bocote washer and internal screen were smart additions as well and make the device that much more refined.

I'm currently waiting on a real mod and can't wait to mess around with tubo and see what this thing can do with real software backing it. Overall, I'm very pleased with the ease of use and performance with the imp thus far. I'll make another post with some pics and further thoughts once I get my new mod and have a chance to play around with the settings. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help as best I can!

kuzko

With a little help here I was able to give my Imp another go. I adjusted the coils so there were no contact points and now have it going with good results on my DNA mod. I quickly settled on a TC setting using the SS 316 profile, 500f, and 16-16.5 watts. I didn’t do a ton of rips in a row, 2-3, so it’s possible that this could get too hot with heat soaking but seemed to be good for at least 2-3 hits in a row.

FYI, do not use SS 430 as your tc profile material, results in combustion at pretty much any wattage.

Top Bottom