Discontinued Imp by MistVape

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I bought some 26g/30g, 2.5mm, 6-wrap claptons here and they look the same (@mistvaporizer, are these the specs?), though the chart on that page rates them at higher ohms (.485) than my originals test at (.213-ish).

Does anyone know what kind of microscopically tiny screwdriver you need to deal with these? Has my eyesight become so bad I can't even see slots on the top of screws anymore?

And @oddjobold I totally agree with your praise. The standout features for me are the incredibly effective stem with beads, zero hotspotting (occasionally a warm spot but that's it), consistent results, and how easy it is to scoop up some flower, pack or not, twist it in there and go.
The resistance is correct. Dual coils are in parallel so the resistance reads 1/2 of a single coil.
The set screws are 4-40 and use a .05 Allen wrench. Why are you changing coils? Mine are the same since December and they are still fine? Don't fix it if it isn't broke. Especially the smaller electrode, it only has a couple threads. That is plenty to hold the coils but if you use too much force when you tighten them you can break things.

mistvaporizer,
Reactions: muunch

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Still loving the Imp with Sinuous P80. It gets warm on long sessions though and I'm afraid of roasting the wood too badly in TCR mode on long sessions. Wish there was a way to program a sort of Tubo 'Eco mode' to reduce the temperature when not drawing by 50° or so. Would also save battery.

The Imp is by far the best vaporizer I've ever used. Portable with the P80, very light and not too bulky in the pocket. Dreaming of a sidebyside mod with Evic firmware though...

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: Easywider

stark1

Lonesome Planet
IMPcognito in an SBS mod would be a nice, (small) stealth cloaking toaster—gonna have to wait till
The price comes down to rival that of the IMP, however.:myday::wave::cheers::spliff::2c:

stark1,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
IMPcognito in an SBS mod would be a nice, (small) stealth cloaking toaster—gonna have to wait till
The price comes down to rival that of the IMP, however.:myday::wave::cheers::spliff::2c:

Impcognito+Aster RT is <$200 and looks/performs quite well!

You can also buy a Cuboid Mini (which runs Tubo firmware) for around $20 and keep your total <$200 still, and have the side-by-side mod for OTG, and the Cuboid Mini for home/water use.

JPEG_20190516_125851.jpg

:spliff:

GoldenBud

Impcognito+Aster RT is <$200 and looks/performs quite well!

You can also buy a Cuboid Mini (which runs Tubo firmware) for around $20 and keep your total <$200 still, and have the side-by-side mod for OTG, and the Cuboid Mini for home/water use.

JPEG_20190516_125851.jpg

:spliff:

Yo, how many bowls can the cuboid mini handle? around 5 for full charge?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
No way to run Sur_MyEvic on the Aster RT? I love cruising for a minute or two during sessions with friends

deadlytoaster,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Heeehaw.

Made a new friend, took him hiking. Alongside some psychedelics we loaded up some decent herb into the Imp. He hates cigarettes and seldom smokes Js

Two hits from the Imp and immediately loved the flavor. He dubs it the superior way of consumption. All in all, he's converted and looking to grab a device himself. Efficiency, flavor, health benefit, it's all there for him. He couldn't stop raving about how practical it was too.

@DeezVaprz the RX75 can run Tubo (Eco mode in particular?) I love the P80 for its form and function with MyEvic but extended sessions at 200c+ are slightly charring the wood. I think the RX75 is a bit smaller too, no?

Oh and have I mentioned how kickass the battery life is? Easily 6+ sessions from a single VTC6, about 5 minutes long at like 200c. Could easily just kill a bowl in 3 hits instead and get over 10 bowls I reckon.

My best friend, some tea, wine, and a P80 with the Vapocane J-Hook (ridiculous but incredibly functional) Super smooth and flavorful. All I need are those dosing capsules, a sidebyside mod with FJ firmware, and glass nipple stems and I'll have my endgame creation...

eao2dw.jpg

GoldenBud

Heeehaw.

Made a new friend, took him hiking. Alongside some psychedelics we loaded up some decent herb into the Imp. He hates cigarettes and seldom smokes Js

Two hits from the Imp and immediately loved the flavor. He dubs it the superior way of consumption. All in all, he's converted and looking to grab a device himself. Efficiency, flavor, health benefit, it's all there for him. He couldn't stop raving about how practical it was too.

@DeezVaprz the RX75 can run Tubo (Eco mode in particular?) I love the P80 for its form and function with MyEvic but extended sessions at 200c+ are slightly charring the wood. I think the RX75 is a bit smaller too, no?

Oh and have I mentioned how kickass the battery life is? Easily 6+ sessions from a single VTC6, about 5 minutes long at like 200c. Could easily just kill a bowl in 3 hits instead and get over 10 bowls I reckon.

My best friend, some tea, wine, and a P80 with the Vapocane J-Hook (ridiculous but incredibly functional) Super smooth and flavorful. All I need are those dosing capsules, a sidebyside mod with FJ firmware, and glass nipple stems and I'll have my endgame creation...

eao2dw.jpg

Looks wonderful. MyEvic supports any kind of cruise mode?

GoldenBud,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Yes MyEvic can run 15 seconds or unlimited cruise. I want Tubo firmware as cruising on high temperatures for too long is starting to roast the inside of the body. On Tubo firmware you can set 'eco cruise' which can drop the running temperature down to say 130c while not taking a draw and quickly ramp back up when hitting. I think that'd preserve the body more.

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: Easywider

GoldenBud

Yes MyEvic can run 15 seconds or unlimited cruise. I want Tubo firmware as cruising on high temperatures for too long is starting to roast the inside of the body. On Tubo firmware you can set 'eco cruise' which can drop the running temperature down to say 130c while not taking a draw and quickly ramp back up when hitting. I think that'd preserve the body more.
cool, how to install myevic.bin ? with nfe tools?

GoldenBud,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Yessir! If you have a P80 I can upload my profiles for you to use. I have one well setup for cruise. TCR is 130, resistance at 0.226.

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: GoldenBud

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi friends, I got an issue with my Imp Beta since it doesn't want anymore to work on TC and shutoff in powermode, I had finally found my sweetspot in TC... until it stops to work. Checked the coil but I can't see anything wrong... any helps appreciated, thanks in advance!

PPN,
Top Bottom