• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Imp by MistVape

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Is there a stealth (fits inside) battery which is wide enough for the Imp?

—I prefer to go stealth mode (rather than look like a dork with a long slong, in public). ;)

stark1,
Reactions: ataxian

dagfp

the imp has only been in my possession for about 48 hours and damn does it kick... still working out techniques but it has definitely met my high expectations. many thanks to mistvaporizer for a great piece of artisan craftsmanship and full array of useful accessories.

i have been enjoying the short stem with no cooling beads and no mouthpiece and it hasnt been too hot... if its too hot, usually the herbs are charred so i know not to try and push my pain tolerance

i like the wood mouthpiece a lot as the wood texture feels much less clinical than the bare glass but the smaller bore of the hole restricts airflow and (thus far) led to more hotspots... i hope that the dosing capsules or any future wood pieces have as wide a hole as possible to maintain that convection smoothness

how long of a draw do people usually take? i find that i don't get much vapor until about the 8 second mark but my draws are very gentle...

i would like to get each draw down to about 3 to 5 seconds for stealth purposes but i dont know if it's thermodynamically possible with the way i have been temp stepping from 300 all the way up to 445, taking one hit at a time at each temperature over 10-12 hits. ideally, the bowl would be cleared (i like a nice dark brown) by the time i'm at 445 but it hasn't quite worked out like that yet. the flavor at 300 is lip smackingly good.

i use about 10% of my 2x18650's (6000mah) per session and am trying to dial in techniques to reduce battery consumption.

as of now what i am doing is bringing the mod up to heat before taking a draw. for 400 degrees that takes about 2-3 seconds (with a 75 watt/2 sec preheat and 50 watt power), then i will let off the button to give the battery a second or two to recover (which drops the temperature about 40 degrees) then will press the button again to take a 7-10 second draw.

"preheating" the coil might use more power but i dont feel entirely comfortable taxing the battery for more than 10 seconds, though my cutoff is set at 15. if someone who is more familiar with 18650s told me it's okay i would probably feel less worried but my thought is that longer drains of high amps could shorten the lifespan of the battery.

the other reason i make sure the mod is up to temperature before drawing is that if the mod is trying to raise temperatures while simultaneously fighting the cooling effect of my inhalation, the mod has to use more energy to bring it up to temperature. similarly, taking slower gentle draws only makes the mod need to use about 20-35 watts to maintain higher temperatures whereas when taking a stronger inhale the mod indicates it is using all 50 watts of power to stay at temperature.

does anyone have any tips to either improve the speed of extraction, improve battery life or just plain get higher?

Stealth or what ? :cool:

where can i get that sleeve for the body? and the mouthpiece?... with the black leather look it's more like a Gimp than Imp

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

—I prefer to go stealth mode (rather than look like a dork with a long slong, in public). ;)

What “stealth” means, to me

2cgftxk.jpg

HerbieVonVapster

I tried on Witcher mod and didn't fit (no loss there mod never worked in TC mode) It does fit inside the Movkin Disguiser. It's a older mod and offer limited setting options. TC mode work's on it but without any TCR setting the temperature need increase by around 70 degrees in SS mode to more closely match the actual temperature.

There is a limited options on side by mods that fit the 510 devices. Other than Movkin Disguiser I haven't run across anything that would work with IMP. The Witcher might work if your willing to modify it. I'm not going damage mine trying too. The mod never impressed me and really no desire to file side of the mod for it too fit.

2dmaxcp.jpg

168smmv.jpg

Another option might be on something small like the Wismec Sinuous P80 it's a nice small package that fits in the front pocket.

You can install sur_myevic for cruise mode. With the side panel fire panel it's easier to palm this unit. Having the side light when firing makes me comfortable using it with cruise mode.

I played with this setup today. With the low wattage the imp draws it should allow good battery life on P80.
The performance is good on this combo. Not as good as a DNA mod will offer. But it's a nice small inexpensive combo for my travel needs.

With the 420 sale on the Imp and price this mod it makes nice small travel setup for around $130.00.
xkp01h.jpg

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I tried on Witcher mod and didn't fit (no loss there mod never worked in TC mode) It does fit inside the Movkin Disguiser. It's a older mod and offer limited setting options. TC mode work's on it but without any TCR setting the temperature need increase by around 70 degrees in SS mode to more closely match the actual temperature.

There is a limited options on side by mods that fit the 510 devices. Other than Movkin Disguiser I haven't run across anything that would work with IMP. The Witcher might work if your willing to modify it. I'm not up not going damage mine trying it. The mod never impressed me and with out TC no desire to file side of the mod.

2dmaxcp.jpg

168smmv.jpg

Another option might be on something small like the Wismec Sinuous P80 it's a nice small package that fits in the front pocket.

You can install sur_myevic for cruise mode. With the side panel fire panel it's easier to palm this unit. Having the side light when firing makes me comfortable using it with cruise mode.

I played with this setup today. With the low wattage the imp draws it should allow good battery life on P80.
The performance is good on this combo. Not as good as a DNA mod will offer. But it's a nice small inexpensive combo for my travel needs.

With the 420 sale on the Imp and price this mod it makes nice small travel setup for around $130.00.
xkp01h.jpg
I have a big collection I’m so ashamed of?
CANNABIS is da REASON 4 CIVILIZED LIVING!

ataxian,

dagfp

It's not a sleeve it's an ebony cover with bad lighting.

ah yes upon closer inspection the hole opening is a little too perfect and the ”sleeve” rather tight fitting... im assuming then that would be one of the prototype dosing capsules?

a fully wooden stem is truly the finishing touch that brings it all together... maybe i can get some cherry wood for the cherry on top

dagfp,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
ah yes upon closer inspection the hole opening is a little too perfect and the ”sleeve” rather tight fitting... im assuming then that would be one of the prototype dosing capsules?

a fully wooden stem is truly the finishing touch that brings it all together... maybe i can get some cherry wood for the cherry on top
Hope to offer the wooden stems with my own dosing caps in a few weeks.

HerbieVonVapster

Just a quick follow up. @mistvape sent me a older style body to see if my noise was due to something with my units body. Happy to report the sounds isn't noticeable any longer.

Since I have the older body tried it out on the witcher mod and old style does fit on it. No TC mode but wattage works. I'm not able to install atty protection guard on the mod with imp attached.

So basically there's not a lot choice here for SBS mod with the IMP or really any of the 510 devices available.

z8snd.jpg

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Here is a one off, purple heart Imp with purpleheart mouthpiece.
PHImp.jpg

420 sale applies, the mouthpiece is free. coupon code is 420sale

I “M” whiff you, but I want a side by mod as well for my Imp, so I can minimize the profile

Is the older Imp smaller than the latest incarnation
What is the diameter of that atty?

DeezVaprz

So 420 has swamped the glass shop and caught me short on stems. I have three orders ready to ship but no standard stems. They have promised them for this weekend so I'm hopeful they will get it done.
I am planning on shipping all outstanding orders by Monday.

Good problem to have eh? :razz::D:tup:

Improvaper

My poor Imp hit the deck today, dislodging the heater from the 510 pin. I can screw it all back together, but it's not recognizing at all. Looks like I'll be ordering a new base.

Amazingly, my silicone-tipped stem survived bouncing several times on pavement and my Evic is barely scratched. Imp body is fine.

Be careful out there!

Improvaper

That feeling when the Imp and Sinuous P80 are waiting in the post office today... To be delivered Monday. :'(
I cry
:cry::cry::cry:

Man, that blows. I know that feeling.

I got my new Imp deck super fast (living close to Dave has its advantages) but it was showing up as "no atomizer" for me on both my mods. Apparently, the bottom washer is just a hair too thick. Easily solved and it's now up and running great. Better, tighter fit for both my bodies which is great for traveling. Love the new built-in washer despite the slight modification it needed. It looks great.

While tinkering, I decided to go back and mess with my broken deck and, of course, I got it working again too, lol. Not sure where I was failing before, but now I have 2 fully functional Imp systems. Might use the old one as an experimental deck to try some alternative coils.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
That feeling when the Imp and Sinuous P80 are waiting in the post office today... To be delivered Monday. :'(
I cry
:cry::cry::cry:
Really got close to you pretty fast, the post office does do a good job as much as I might complain. Seems though that Germany has DHL deliver international packages and I had two Imps returned because they "couldn't find the address".
New stems came in today so all orders through #349 will ship today or tomorrow.

Sativapo

In Germany DHL became the post I think. Here too in my ghetto area near Paris they also have private companies do part of the delivery and it's a mess. Guys are badly paid and treated so they don't care or even steel stuff when they can, everything untracked for example. This things could happen if I wasn't closely following the tracking and complaining by phone or mail every now and then puting pressure on them.

HerbieVonVapster

This little guys is growing on me. I used it today on a dog walk and it performed great. Decided to run it on the Wismec Sinuous P80. Was wondering if anyone had suggestion of good PID for the IMP? Using 500p 80I 10D.

Top Bottom