1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Imp by MistVape

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by mistvaporizer, Dec 2, 2018.

1. mistvaporizer

mistvaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

@Daprezz there haven't been any issues due to corrosion but a friend in metal finishing said gold is better in the long run. So I'm looking at gold plating in the near future

Daprezz and antispleen like this.
  2. GoldenBud

GoldenBud Well-Known Member

So good to know that I can use SS316. It means that IMP needs configuration of TCR at around 90 (googled for SS316 configurations, so i can apply them at TCR mode. I'll re-try to use it with SS316 or TCR at value of 90. thanks you!!

mistvaporizer likes this.
  3. Improvize

Improvize Well-Known Member

Let's talk draw technique for a minute.

I've been finding great success at all temps with a "fast, slow, fast" method. It gives me the exact size cloud I'm expecting at a given temp every time, and it works all the way down to 350°.

Draw fast at first to prime it, then drop quickly to a slow draw to heat soak it, then slowly ramp back up to fast again to pull away the vapor and keep it flowing. Can get massive hits this way. Works through water as well.

If you're doing back-to-back hits, it becomes less important to do the initial fast pull.

4. oneizm

oneizm Active Member

@mistvaporizer I just ordered one today! Will it come with the new washer/collar on it? Dm me if you need my order #

5. Improvize

I "sharpie stained" my base and it looks fine to me. I'm easy, though.

[​IMG]

6. alleyhoops

alleyhoops Member

I really like my base. Almost matches my white mod.

7. mistvaporizer

mistvaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

@oneizm everything after order 174 is the new base. Haven't shipped one yet but they will start going out this week

8. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Pardon I have not read the whole thread... Could anyone sum up a few bullet points comparing this and a Tubo?

I think I need to order one of these right away!

alleyhoops and mistvaporizer like this.
  9. GoldenBud

Tubox priced 140$ without shipping, IMP is 85$ without shipping
    IMP is for microdosing (14mm stem), Tubox is not for microdosing (19mm stem)

both devices heat up about 5 seconds after first click(**not sure about the Tubox, maybe faster), Tubox is much bigger device, and the heater is also bigger, It is stronger but priced higher and has a bigger volume,

IMP supposed to work at lower watts, hence battery's saving comparing to the Tubox

Both devices work great with Tubox's Firmware

StormyPinkness and Summer like this.
  10. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

TY so much!!!

11. alleyhoops

alleyhoops Member

Do it!

GoldenBud likes this.
  12. Monkeyhouse

Monkeyhouse Accessory Maker

Just ordered an Imp a few days ago, while I wait for it to ship I figured I would try to get the jump on getting stems for it. Was just wondering if anyone knows if the Imp works with 14/23 and 14/20 joints or do the 14/23 joints not fit?

13. Improvize

I just ordered some stock 9mm Arizer argo stems. I'm intrigued to try screenless. It will require o-rings... I'll report back on success or failure.

14. alleyhoops

alleyhoops Member

It took me a lot of trail and error to go screenless on my Solo 2. Lost a lot of herb in the name of experimentation. I don’t think I have the balls to go screenless on the Imp.

Any chance of longer cooling stems in the future?

15. GoldenBud

You just need the 14mm in one side (connected to IMP), I think it'll work

16. GoldenBud

Cool, it looks like a new vaporizer on an old base ;)

17. Monkeyhouse

Monkeyhouse Accessory Maker

Just wanted to make sure that the slightly longer 14/23 joints would fit and that this vape doesn't have the same issue as the splinter, which is very picky with the length of the joint.

18. GoldenBud

I'd like to tag @antispleen , I may think he knows..

Summer likes this.
  19. Improvize

It's not hard with the right grind and pack. I use my OG Solo screenless. In fact, I've been doing it in the Imp with my dynavap (did it for that video I linked earlier by accident!) without any real issue. I just have no glass that will do it gracefully with the Imp. Hoping the smaller Argo stems with o-rings will fit the bill.

20. alleyhoops

alleyhoops Member

I almost forgot to post pictures. I really like the white mod. I couldn't believe how small it was. i expected bigger. It's really snazzy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. alleyhoops

alleyhoops Member

I am still working on the correct grind. I get a nice fluffy grind for the Solo and Vapcap, but I think you mentioned that you do a fine grind. I am working on that now and see how that goes. I did get some nice results last night. I was able to get about 30 draws in total from two different packs, in which I only get 13-15 from the same amount for my Solo. I had to do some stirring though, which I see is common.

22. Improvize

I think stirring is overrated. It might net you a few more slightly tastier hits in the first half of a bowl, but once you go past 3 or 4 hits you reach diminishing returns quickly IMO. At least, if your intention is to take it to dark brown like I prefer. It all pretty much gets there if you keep puffing, even without stirring. And stirring a full 14mm stem is nearly impossible without spilling.

I prefer packing 1/2 or even 1/3 bowls to stirring, personally. Or just suck it all down without thinking too much about it lol.

23. Daprezz

Daprezz Well-Known Member

For me dark tunnell : no more vapor. Stirring : vapor again. But with 2 screen method and loose packing I stirr only once. But 1 screen method and 2 or 3 stirrings I extract more fully. I also rotate the stem now and then beetween hits.
    Other great thing there is no real down limit for microdosing with this one. I get several hits with 0.3g.
    The most impressing is how energy saving it is due to the wood base. Vapour with 15 watts? The essential part of the 50 watts max in tubomode go to tc not heating.

Nice, that sharpie vapors gonna add you a little high eventually :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  24. antispleen

antispleen Company Rep

Can confirm they work fine. Not as picky as splinter in that regard

25. GoldenBud

check the comment above , it works

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors