• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

iHeat 510 Heater Cartridge

PPN

Volute of Vapor
That sucks! my Iheat doesn't work anymore in TC mode! All the settings I try lead to the same issue: it shuts off in power mode... although maybe the issue is coming from the Evic mini...idk... any helps will be appreciated @Alan ?

edit: although it works very well in power mode at 29w, nice thick clouds under 10s and a lot smoother than the ones I got in TC mode!
The harsh dry air is more an issue with the MiniVap and was the worst with the Plenty... the IHeat is far to be so agressive and it's very smooth in power mode (just vaped several bowls and barely coughed twice... and I'm a cougher).

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
IMG_20180518_091257178.jpg

Trying to take some shots to show off my new best friend lol
IMG_20180518_091320591.jpg

Yo look how clean that is. I was blasting loads all through the night with this little guy, and the battery was down to the halfway mark after my morning bowl. I stopped counting after 7.
Honestly, wattage mode has been working wonderfully for me. It just stays at the wattage I put it at, and I treat it like an on-demand joint. Pick it up, light it, wait a sec, drag, release, set down.

I've buttered up all the wood, and it's soooo smooth to the touch. Great craftsmanship as usual. I love the way the stem and cartridge look together. Oh, stem! I installed a smaller screen in the 14mm taper side of my stem, and tried it out as a wooden bowl for my Toasty Top with HI core, and wow! It was really milky, much more so than an equivalent glass stem. Anyway, I decided to keep the screen there when I use it with the iHeat, cause why not. Doesn't seem to affect it at all, except I can see it collecting junks that would otherwise go into my lungs. When I do a cleaning of the stem and screens, I'll put a little degummed unbleached hemp fiber in the length of stem between the two screens. That should collect the debris without gunking the exit screen. lol

I've tried a two screen method in the stem too. It takes a little more warmth, but then seems to mitigate scorches in higher settings a little bit.

I milked my dry bubbler this morning and it was that light bluish gray vapor! It was so yummy! Oh, stir tool does rock. Should never misplace the two halves, since they interlock together. Simple and brilliant. :)

hoyo77

I have had mine for a couple months now...i have found that when i dont pack the stem completely, just half way i get very even extraction and nice clouds...when i pack it full i get extraction but i also get a few dark spots. I got a stem from DDave modes and for some reason that stem increases the flavor profile. I guess cause it is an all glass stem. I love my iHeat. it stays in my suit case cause i travel weekly for my job and it is my driver when i get off work and get back to the hotel room.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
4 months to go for me.

Is the iheat 25mm as standard? Liking the idea of getting a witcher mod especailly for the iheat. A compact vape to carry around looks like a cool idea.

Slightly concerned - is the witcher mod any good? Looks kinda cheap and tacky, think its the only SBS choice available. Know @KeroZen had TC problem - anyone else experiance this?

Will be interesting to see how this compares to the splinter.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@oddjobold i believe the witcher is the one @Alan recommend for compact single cell. @Bravesst too use it with the witcher

I bought a 2 battery one to try with temp control but got tired of it and I only use it in wattage mode now (will buy a witcher for compact use sometimes)

My settings:
@22,5W
2 secs preheat
10 secs steady slow draw (I actually like 10 secs power cut off)

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I am done experimenting with temp control. I can't get it just right, and you know what? Wattage mode is fine. I was worried about combusting when I try to milk a dry bubbler, which is my usual preference. So I loaded up some avb and I've been running it at 40 watts with my intake speed. Start low with wattage and work your way up, just inhale how you prefer. The heater is a beast and is capable of scorching a load very easily if you it too hard. I had a small flare up in the middle of my load. It did make my stem a little stinky. I wiped it down with degummed hemp fiber with my wood butter on it for the inside, and I used it a bunch. It wasn't full on combustion, but since using wattage mode, I can see what's forming and easily shut it off if it gets too much, but the 10 second cutoff for my mod seems to be fine for that. I've been finishing off bowls of my avb in a much more satisfying manner than my previous method.

Anyway,
40W (hard setting)
2-3 second preheat
draw for the remainder of 10 seconds

It is too hot for me to use a short little wooden stem with, but using the stem as an adapter for the bubbler lets me milk it at higher temps. I do enjoy the stem natively with a sipping style, and it does produce some mild cloudage. But I lower the wattage to like 35W, and the hard setting is the type of heatup, with soft being a gradual increase and medium being a normal curve. It's a fun beast to use.
I believe it is very dependent upon the mod you put it on, even in wattage mode.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
After reading about the Lil Bud and having success with long draws with 40W, I went ahead and threw my wattage way up to 60W! I don't wait at all and just inhale at my normal full fast pace through an empty bubbler. It works really well, but I have to taper the button, unlike running it at 40W. At 60W I pull loud enough to hear the air whooshing in through the holes on the base. As soon as the vapor starts clouding up my bubbler, I let go of the button for a second and then back on, I just taper it like that until I run out of breathe.

I haven't tried it native yet, but I don't do a lot of native vaping, anyway. But I will try it when I'm out at my sister's house this weekend. It's kinda fun having no preheat and riding the vapor wave....I could easily combust doing this, but haven't come close yet. It's pretty controlled, honestly. I could probably press the button sooner when tapering the heat. Anyway, it reminds me of driving a fast car, but I don't drive. My sexy wooden vapor car.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I haven't tried it native yet, but I don't do a lot of native vaping, anyway. But I will try it when I'm out at my sister's house this weekend

What's native vaping ? Lol I live on reservation and my gf is native so I'd definitely like to try that !! :rofl::rofl:Happy you are enjoying your iHeat, I knew you would find your groove , congrats again!

btka

7hVdLS4.jpg

thank you @Alan for this beauty!

use mine on the istick pico 21700 at 35w (I do not have any clue about mod boxes... was not able to buy a witcher modbox... importing modbox are forbidden here! and will not pass the customs!)taste is incredible good and also nice clouds... I use my glass stem with an eq arizer basket screen...

I am really amazed!

will look if I can find a glass adapter from a local headshop forgot to order one from Alan (I am living outside the states...) Also thought the wooden stem could be used as an adapter...

BTW nice steer tool at first I did not recognize what it is for... and wonedered about how to use it but as I also owned a HI I tried to push it out and saw the needle... it is at first not really clear... can imagine that some will have problems with no description maybe... (if they never had a HI)

Hope you did put me on the list again!

Happy roasting!

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@btka that's lovely, my man. I'm still using this bad boy a lot, but it is the honeymoon phase for it.
Last night I took it to my sister's house and shared with friends, family, and strangers. I told everyone to pull hard, and pull the trigger when you do it. I had it set to 59.9W, and everyone loved it. I could maybe go a little lower for guests, cause it was a little uneven, but hey, they all loved it. Click and suck. With higher wattage and a faster starting draw rate, I get almost instant vapor, and very consistent AVB. With the native stem, it is very easy. I get shorter draws that are more fulfilling than the longer lower temp pulls. I have to slow down my draw some in order to reach the higher temps, but that's not comfortable with a short wooden stem (my glass insert broke the second day or so).
It was pretty fool proof to even an older person who has never heard of vaporizing and only smokes joints. Everyone commented on the flavor, even the people who were familiar with my other vaporizers. The short stem certainly assists in this nice flavor.
It's also very normal to get used to when to let go of the heat when it's set higher like this. After the using it the first time with my assistance, I let others try it on their own. They all got decent hits that were flavorful and decent amount of vapor exhale. It was a big hit.

On another note, the base is attached a little too tightly to the base now, and when trying to remove it, the wooden body came off. I got to look at the inside and it's beautiful. So simple and precise. I'm not really sure how I will eventually remove it, but I don't use the ecig box mod thing anymore. It helped me quit and stay away from cigarettes, and now it's powering a small wooden vaporizer. :) Oh, and this alien 220 mod runs on two batteries...it goes and goes and goes. I can't keep track of the sessions I've had with it, but I have used it all day long on a day off, and it was down to half battery...

Last thought. My stem has a 14mm taper on the mouthpiece end because I asked for it, however I think everyone should do it. lol It is great as a mouthpiece and connects flawlessly to my glass, and also works as a wooden 18mm wong for my toasty top. It's awesome. Oh, and I installed a second screen that is slightly bowl shaped. I feel it helps disperse some of the heat, but it does also seem to soak some heat in the process. With my 2 battery mod, it makes no difference to me.

Last edited:

btka

@btka that's lovely, my man. I'm still using this bad boy a lot, but it is the honeymoon phase for it.
Last night I took it to my sister's house and shared with friends, family, and strangers. I told everyone to pull hard, and pull the trigger when you do it. I had it set to 59.9W, and everyone loved it. I could maybe go a little lower for guests, cause it was a little uneven, but hey, they all loved it. Click and suck. With higher wattage and a faster starting draw rate, I get almost instant vapor, and very consistent AVB. With the native stem, it is very easy. I get shorter draws that are more fulfilling than the longer lower temp pulls. I have to slow down my draw some in order to reach the higher temps, but that's not comfortable with a short wooden stem (my glass insert broke the second day or so).
It was pretty fool proof to even an older person who has never heard of vaporizing and only smokes joints. Everyone commented on the flavor, even the people who were familiar with my other vaporizers. The short stem certainly assists in this nice flavor.
It's also very normal to get used to when to let go of the heat when it's set higher like this. After the using it the first time with my assistance, I let others try it on their own. They all got decent hits that were flavorful and decent amount of vapor exhale. It was a big hit.

On another note, the base is attached a little too tightly to the base now, and when trying to remove it, the wooden body came off. I got to look at the inside and it's beautiful. So simple and precise. I'm not really sure how I will eventually remove it, but I don't use the ecig box mod thing anymore. It helped me quit and stay away from cigarettes, and now it's powering a small wooden vaporizer. :) Oh, and this alien 220 mod runs on two batteries...it goes and goes and goes. I can't keep track of the sessions I've had with it, but I have used it all day long on a day off, and it was down to half battery...

Last thought. My stem has a 14mm taper on the mouthpiece end because I asked for it, however I think everyone should do it. lol It is great as a mouthpiece and connects flawlessly to my glass, and also works as a wooden 18mm wong for my toasty top. It's awesome. Oh, and I installed a second screen that is slightly bowl shaped. I feel it helps disperse some of the heat, but it does also seem to soak some heat in the process. With my 2 battery mod, it makes no difference to me.

funny I did not go above 45w and already combusted at this wattage... I combusted now a few times (also at 35w with a slow draw)...
I really like it, it is like a log vape... but you can combust much easier with the iheat then with a log... only thing I do not like is the harshness (I have also a sensitive throat... I think... and this is also known with most connvection portable vapes (also the grasshopper)... so I am thinking about how I could modify it for this reason... because I wanted to use it as a portable but as said before it s to hot (for me)... otherwise I will have to sell this beauty... because if I can not us it as a portable vape ...I do not know what to do with it...
taste is really outstanding and you can get big clouds... In my opinion the iheat will be nice to use with a bubbler but therefore I own a fp showerhead for home use...

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
If you find the sweet spot amount of wattage, you can get more consistent results without burning or causing hot spots. Cranking the wattage and trying to gauge your session or stem unregulated like will waste alot of product.
By sweet spot I mean where you can hold the button and continually draw, at your draw speed for as long as you want without the coil going over a temp that will combust the load.
Two different mods will have different sweet spots. Having a mod with software with no cut off helps. Like finding your sweet spot on any vape, start low till the vapor flows.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Yeah, my sweet spot it pretty high cause I have a fast instake. I don't draw slowly, so the lower wattage doesn't work best for me.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: btka

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
What's native vaping ? Lol I live on reservation and my gf is native so I'd definitely like to try that !! :rofl::rofl:Happy you are enjoying your iHeat, I knew you would find your groove , congrats again!
Native in this context means no extra add one, just the way it came. Most of the time I add extra glass to Vapes in order to cool them down.

Andreaerdna

@ZC i was curious about your very short stem use in cousin LB thread so i tryied reducing my draw drastic way.

It works like champ

I draw as slow as with a ciggy, very slow. More even roasting ( no need to stir) and thicker clouds and very little to no harshness. @21,5w

grokit

well-worn member
I draw as slow as with a ciggy, very slow. More even roasting ( no need to stir) and thicker clouds and very little to no harshness. @21,5w
Maybe that's why I couldn't ever get into 'ciggies' lol, I tried for a while tho :ninja:

I've been drawing very slow as well lately, I've found that it greatly reduces the need for pre-heating.

I agree that drawing slow reduces the hot spots, but I've found that it doesn't quite eliminate them. I also agree that these hot spots are tunnels, dependent on the evenness of the pack/load. When I get one now, they're not as bad; I just kinda shove the remaining load over to the side that got charred. This changes the hot spot to what used to be the 'cool' side of the load, resulting in fairly even (two-hit) extraction.

edit: whoops I was talking about my splinter lol, but this advice applies here too so I'll let it ride.
:doh:

To finish this edit I'll add that I replied to @Alan's email lately, as my name finally came around on his list. As it turns out, he still has some of the redwood burl I sent him for my last round of hi sabres!

I (not exactly) told him that I think a cherry-wood roasting tube would be quite cherry with it :tup:

:sherlock:

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

@grokit i wasnt able to finish a load without beginning of charring taste without stirring, before when using a more fast draw

Now there is still a thin clearer ring against wooden wall but the middle is a very even middle brown. Maybe a little puff more but maybe its not worthed stirring :)

For me preheating is always2secs only - with IH (one of the differences with splinter) as there is almost nothing to preheat

I stopped cigs 100 times but 99 nine times i went back to them, then i knew about vapes :) never looking back

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'm taking my insta heat cartridge downtown, and now I'm wishing I had a small mod, cause the alien is a beast. I've settled into around 40w with a 2 second pre heat and a steady draw. Sometimes get a little uneven heating.

little maggie

4 months to go for me.

Is the iheat 25mm as standard? Liking the idea of getting a witcher mod especailly for the iheat. A compact vape to carry around looks like a cool idea.

Slightly concerned - is the witcher mod any good? Looks kinda cheap and tacky, think its the only SBS choice available. Know @KeroZen had TC problem - anyone else experiance this?

Will be interesting to see how this compares to the splinter.
I must be missing something. Is there a list somewhere? I've just been waiting until Alan makes my iheat and contacts me for payment.
Also is anyone using a whip with theirs. I've started using whips with all my vapes. I have one that Alan made for something else.

little maggie,

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
Two weeks into my sojourn with these exquisitely crafted and engineered units, I would like to thank the contributors to this forum for your collective insight. My learning curve and adaptability to usage was relatively seamless thanks to your input.

I opted to purchase two units; and had Alan select the wood.
* 12v base unit (flame box elder/red heart with a matching flame box elder tube); and given the fragility
of the 510 interface...a
* pink ivory cartridge (with a matching pink ivory tube) dedicated to a Therion Evolve 75.
(Alan please feel free to post photos)

Both units have been working flawlessly and without incident. The heat generated is immediate resulting in undeviating and flavorful roasting. Effective and efficient to say the least!

Thank-you Alan; and thank-you (again) contributors...I remain most appreciative!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
After much experimentation, it looks like I've reached the consensus others have: lower temperature with a slower draw is King.
I'm down to 25w worth a delay if a couple seconds after I press the button. It's smooth, makes decent clouds, cooks evenly, and tastes good. I'm personally not used to drawing slowly with my other Vapes, but I think I can adjust. There's very little draw restriction unless I use a rimmed screen and cram the ground weed in there. The basket screens slide when pressure is applied, but the rimmed screens don't.

It just feels a little strange going slowly with such an open feel and powerful heater, but I finally dialed in a technique that makes the iheat enjoyable with just the tiny little wooden stem. I really want glass insert, but don't have the funds. College lol

My girlfriend is just happy to see my using the box mod for something other than ecigs. She did not like those at all.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@Andreaerdna - Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear you were able to put everything back together and it works fine. So nice to have that option.

@PPN - Glad to hear you are still enjoying the iHeat. I have found that a grey film will start to form on the 510 threads as a result of the electrical flow through them. It can affect the performance of the cartridge. To remove it, I grab the threads with a paper towel tightly between three finger tips and unscrew it. I clean the female threads on the mod box by stuffing a paper towel into the hole and then using a chop stick or dowel to twist the paper towel in the hole. This may get the TC mode to work again. The negative battery contact in the mod box can also develop this grey film. I'm having the best luck with not stirring by just barely filling the basket screen. There is hardly any resistance to air flow, so it all goes through the puck uniformly. Since there is less mass of flower to heat up, there is less heat used overall and the vapor should be a bit cooler.

@Diggy Smalls - Thanks for posting the photos. Glad you are enjoying it. Sorry to hear about the glass mouthpiece tube. The nice thing about the wood tubes is no worry of breaking them.
It does work well as a session vape, but it is so nice to just take a hit whenever you want.
The two screen method does help to diffuse the heat. It is sort of like a mini ELB. Glad to hear you have the wattage and draw speed dialed in for your style of roasting.

@hoyo77 - Glad to hear your iHeat is a daily driver. I love the consistency you get from the mod box controls.

@oddjobold - The standard size for the 510 cartridge is 25mm so it will fit a Witcher box. I have not had any luck using the TC mode on the Witcher, but I prefer not to use it anyway. Have mine set for 36 watts and it works really well. I have found that a grey film will build up on the negative battery contact which is the cap. Just have to wipe the cap including the threads with a paper towel once in a while. I do the same thing for the 510 threads to keep them free from the grey film. I still use my Witcher box every day.

@btka - Thanks for posting the photo. Glad you are liking it. Have you on the list again. Maybe try less pre-heat time and load a little less in the tube to get a smoother direct draw hit.

@little maggie - There is no published list. Finishing up a few other projects before the next batch of iHeats. Shouldn't be much longer before I get yours made.

@Chicken Charlie - Glad to hear you have been enjoying the Insta Heat units. Here are some photos of them.

pinkivoryih.jpg

flameboxelderredheartih.jpg

Top Bottom