Ideas for my local dispensary

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hello all. I have posted here about the dispensary that I go to, a few times; Maine Organic Therapy. I have come to find in the short time that they have been open, that what goes on at MOT, is largely dependent on patient input. That being said, I would like to reach out to the community here for some ideas, suggestions, etc. Mainly, I would like to here from MMJ patients, that have access to dispensaries. This is not a requirement, but I am trying to get an idea of what types of products are readily available in other dispensaries.

MOT currently carries about 10 strains regularly, along with new strains each harvest. Herb is available in bud form, or pre-rolled joints. For medibles, they have brownies, rice krispy treats, chocolate chip cookies, and fudge. They will be offering butter, and possible oil at some point, and are expected to have glycerin tinctures tomorrow. As far as non cannabis products are concerned, they carry the following; Vaporizers (not the best selection, by far, but I did convince them to pick up 3 or 4 MFLB's and they sold them all I believe.) Glass pieces, from pipes to tubes, etc... Papers, and other rolling accessories, glass storage jars...

That's about all I can think of that they have now, and/or will have soon.

So, if anyone has any suggestions as to new medibles, or anything at all that is in your dispensary, post it here! As well, I am open to suggestions for things that haven't been seen in dispensaries, but that obviously fall under most state MMJ laws.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,

tuttle

As for edibles, I enjoy the smaller and more discrete variety. Out here, you can get capsules (my favorite as it doesn't resemble candy for the kid factor, but a little hard to find), lozenges, medicated dissolving strips, tinctures, gum. There is also a large selection of more food type items, butter, brownies, chocolate bars, caramels, that kind of thing. There is usually a selection of hash or wax as well which is handy for making your own edibles.

tuttle,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
tuttle said:
As for edibles, I enjoy the smaller and more discrete variety. Out here, you can get capsules (my favorite as it doesn't resemble candy for the kid factor, but a little hard to find), lozenges, medicated dissolving strips, tinctures, gum. There is also a large selection of more food type items, butter, brownies, chocolate bars, caramels, that kind of thing. There is usually a selection of hash or wax as well which is handy for making your own edibles.

Thanks tuttle! I would love something more discrete, and good point on the kid factor! The main reason I use edibles to medicate is when I am around family, or in a place that I can't vaporize. This results in having to eat a brownie in the bathroom, or something like that, due to my young siblings.

I have heard about the capsules, and such. How would you compare them to other edibles? I am excited to try the tincture tomorrow, because taking them in a sublingual manner, should deliver the med a lot quicker, as opposed to being absorbed through the digestive tract like other edibles...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
lwien said:
Check out the home page of my go-to dispensary for a few ideas:
http://www.cornerstonecollective.com/

Thanks as always lwien!

I sure with whats on that page, and the ideas tuttles posted, I'll have enough to pass along tomorrow...But keep the ideas coming, thanks!

Edit**

lwien, I cant seem to access anything on the CC page, aside from the home page, without a password :-/ Any ideas?

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
lwien said:
Here's a bit more info:

Their menu showing specific high CBD strains, gold thc capsules, roasted almonds, etc etc etc.
http://www.cornerstonecollective.com/menu.php

Thats the same link to the menu, that is on the home page. It is accessible by anyone, as long as the ip trying to access it has logged in....
CRC said:
Login Required

You must log in to access this area of the site.

Password:

Purpl3_Haz3,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Here is a list from the dispensary that I use. Menu

I really like the caramel popcorn, but I had too much one day and that was a rather difficult experience.

Depending on state law, I like the availability of clones that they sell too, although I haven't bought any yet. It's nice to know I can.

Stu,

lwien

Also, check out the "recent posts" links on the right on CornerStones home page. Interesting stuff.

lwien,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Stu said:
Here is a list from the dispensary that I use. Menu

I really like the caramel popcorn, but I had too much one day and that was a rather difficult experience.

Depending on state law, I like the availability of clones that they sell too, although I haven't bought any yet. It's nice to know I can.

Thanks, ill check out that menu! As for clones, our state law requires you to choose one of 3 options for obtaining your medicine; -Licensed caregiver, -Licensed Dispensary, -Grow your own. That being said, the dispensary can only carry prepared cannabis, such as dried flowers, (buds), medibles, concentrates, etc.

Thanks lwien for the email, and I have been reading through some of those recent posts on the side...quite good info, some good reads!

Purpl3_Haz3,

tuttle

One thing I really wish the dispensaries would do with edibles but never seem to do is label them with useful dosage information beyond 1x, 2x, etc. I don't know how it works in Maine, but if you are giving these suggestion to the dispensary and they are making the edibles, it might be worth asking them to label each edible with the total cannabinoids contained, so if they used 1g of hash to make 20 capsules, they should be labeled as 50mg capsules, and ideally a brake down of active ingredient percentages, like 18% THC 0.8% CBD. That is something I would love to see out here.

tuttle,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
tuttle said:
One thing I really wish the dispensaries would do with edibles but never seem to do is label them with useful dosage information beyond 1x, 2x, etc. I don't know how it works in Maine, but if you are giving these suggestion to the dispensary and they are making the edibles, it might be worth asking them to label each edible with the total cannabinoids contained, so if they used 1g of hash to make 20 capsules, they should be labeled as 50mg capsules, and ideally a brake down of active ingredient percentages, like 18% THC 0.8% CBD. That is something I would love to see out here.

One thing about Maine's MMJ system, is that, it has been in place in a rudimentary manner, kind of left alone for years. In recent years, they have renewed it, containing laws for dispensaries, a registration system, etc...All of this came after careful observation of other states MMJ programs, in order to find out the good and the bad.

Maine Organic Therapy uses Strain Genius Labs, based in California, for testing of their cannabis products. I don't have a picture of the label in the dispensary next to the brownies, but it listed the following on it;

Hybrid
THC Average: 15-19%
CBD Average: 0.80-1.50%
CBN Average: 0.60-1%
-----
Effect Ratings -
High 10
Sleep Aid 10
Pain Relief 10
Nausea Relief 10
Anxiety Aid 10
Appetite Stimulation 10

Purpl3_Haz3,

tuttle

That is pretty cool. I wish I could find a dispensary around me (Valley, Burbank, Glendale, Eagle Rock) that would test like that. I know Cornerstone does, but they are closed to new patients.

tuttle,

lwien

Tuttle, give Mike (morpheus) a call. Let him know how old you are and what ailments you are attempting to treat. The main thing that they are trying to control is an influx of young recreational users. They want to limit their clientele to a demographic that is a bit older with true medical conditions that need to be addressed. While many dispensaries will just take in anyone because they are primarily profit motivated, CornerStone is a bit different. Mike is a cancer survivor and is very active in the MMJ community as well as in the scientific community in trying to bring the best that can be offered to the people that really need MJ to address their issues. By limiting their clientele to the demographic that they desire, they feel that they can spend their time in servicing those customers that need it the most.

Give him a call and ask if he can make an exception for you. That's what I did, and it worked out great.

lwien,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
tuttle said:
That is pretty cool. I wish I could find a dispensary around me (Valley, Burbank, Glendale, Eagle Rock) that would test like that. I know Cornerstone does, but they are closed to new patients.

Well, I believe that it should be a very easy option for any dispesary, ESP in CA...

The company that tests the herb, edibles, etc for MOT is Strain Genius Labs SGL is based out of CA, and does testing for any dispensary, caregiver, etc. They offer different packages, as shown on their website, for the requirements of the particular dispensary. Ask at some of your clubs/dispensaries, etc and see if any would be willing to have their product tested by SGL or another lab like that (there have to be more, that is the one I know of though.)

Purpl3_Haz3,
Top Bottom