Ice goes where again?

So I get this beaker style glass Ice bong to use on my vape. The up tube has these 3 little indentations just above the bowl portion of he beaker, the dude said they are called ice catchers?. Ice will not pass down this narrow passage so what I have been doing is just chilling the water in ice before pouring in. Then it dawned on me, Do I use ice above those narrowings along with water below? To crush ice that small to get down pat the narrownngs is a bitch in itself.

Okay yuck it up at the new guy :lol: but this is all brand new to me so could use some help.

Back in my smoke days it was $10.00 lids and a pack of zig zags, now I see a lot hs changed that have I have once again partake in the herb for cancer.

Thanks again Folk's

Ca one percenter,
Reactions: snew

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yes, you can put some ice cubes in that will rest on top of the ice pinches for added cooling of the vapor.

Not necessary by any means, but it's an option to try if you want to.

:peace:

Stu,

2clicker

Observer
i do this mostly when i have guests im sharing with or i have a new strain i want to really try out. otherwise its w/out ice. the ice will melt and bring your water level up, but depending on the piece it may or may not make a difference. in my straight tube (low volume) the ice melting results in a much higher water level than i like. so i have to pour some out when using ice.

2clicker,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
With problem solving skills like this i'm gonna guess you were born into the 1%? ;)

SF Giant,

2clicker

Observer
depends on what kind of 1 percenter we are dealing with here... :uhoh:

1percent.patch.jpg

2clicker,
To: 2 clicker, I figure the b and w 1% patch tells me you get it but wrong colors, no offense you owe me that in our getting off on the wrong start, We're square in my book. If you can tell me how to post pics into my posts without first having to post them at some other pics sight I would dig it I have some pics to share with everyone and a couple just for you. Is there a way to drag them from my desk top into the post? If not I will continue still posting even if it means the extra work.

To SF Giant: 2nd generation yes I'm old due. I traded drugs for my freedom, violating parole was worth it and for some reason decided stay clean and sober many years until learning I have cancer. Most who smoke in my crew don't use anything but joints or small easy to toss pipes if that makes sense? Hope that gives you the answer you were looking for.

Everybody here at FC: Let me get one thing straight to everybody. I am not here to boast or act the bad ass I am here to get the best help from the place I was told was best at helping for my cancer treatment, pain and poor appetite as result, so here I am at FC. Hate to get in a beef with anyone offering me help , it's not my style.

To all of you here thanks so far for the help, it brought me from dangerous to semi clueless Thanks again.

Below are for 2 clciker more of my vape stuff to some
6777926094_9e1ab942cb_m.jpg

6923955377_ee6f18f809_m.jpg

So Cal

Ca one percenter,
Okay, no more club shit, lets get's down to proper usegae of what I got or need. The ice answers you guys gave made sense, thanks. I would also like a suggestion on best wat to clean all the class, products or cleaning tips?

I have some vapor related questions so I will head over there to ask them, thanks again to all all the help here in glass.

Ca one percenter,
Could use some glass cleaning product or cleaning tips to if possible?

I have vaperizor questions so will head over there now. Thanks all of you here in Glass, very helpful.

Ca one percenter,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I use ISO (Isopropyl 99.9% alcohol). As a solvent it cuts through any sticky deposits left on your glass. You can add in kosher salt for a rough abrasive to help while you swirl if the build up is stubborn.

J.R.R.Tokin',

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
:uhoh: I clearly misunderstood your username, just making a misguided joke, you have my apologies good sir.

SF Giant,
Reactions: snew

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
SF Giant said:
:uhoh: I clearly misunderstood your username, just making a misguided joke, you have my apologies good sir.

lol with all the occupy wallstreet stuff that was going on recently I thought the same thing with his name so i wouldn't worry about it haha

on topic:
as long as you use distilled water in your water pipe you shouldn't get any hard-water stains and ISO/salt should be all you need for the condensed vapor residue, the higher the % the better.

MarcellusWiley,

lwien

Ca one percenter said:
To all of you here thanks so far for the help, it brought me from dangerous to semi clueless Thanks again.

Hey CA one percenter, you're gonna get a kick out of this. I posted this up about a year and a half ago here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3711

We're a friendly bunch here and if I can ever return the favor for the good vibes that I got back in '69 from you guys, give a holler.

Regarding the big "C", keep fighten' the good fight. :goon:

lwien,
J.R.R.Tokin' "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why it's called the present"Thes words have never been more true to me since getting cncer. Now each day is a gift that I appreciate so much more than I ever have. Thanks man that, made my sprit sore.

2clicker, good and easy sounding advce, I will take that and thanks man.

Iwein You learned one of our most valuable slogans, Treat me right I wil treat you better, treat me bad I will treat you worse. They knew you were about to close and you did them good, sounds like they did you even a little better in return.

You guys and girls if any sound like a great crew here, I guess in time I will be able to separate the men from women but plan on me being here awhile as I have much to learn and sure as hell am in the right place to do that.

Thanks to everyone for the humor and the help.
So Cal

Ca one percenter,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Ca one percenter said:
Everybody here at FC: Let me get one thing straight to everybody. I am not here to boast or act the bad ass I am here to get the best help from the place I was told was best at helping for my cancer treatment, pain and poor appetite as result, so here I am at FC. Hate to get in a beef with anyone offering me help , it's not my style.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. In my years and my med situation (catastrophic aortic dissection)... I have found this site to be the most non-judgmental (well, except the glass snobs. I ke'ed! I ke'ed! ;)), friendliest and most knowledgeable forums, regarding ANY subject.

Hope you enjoy it, as much as I have.

BigDaddyVapor,

Nycdeisel

As you now know, the ice goes above. I dont think ice is needed whatsoever.

Vapor is not very hot like smoke is, so it really does not need to be cooled down very much at all, what it really needs is moisture, which can only be made available from the water, the ice seems to make it more dry and cold. It is not good to breathe in lots of very cold air like that, and ice just isnt necessary for vapor. Get some nice water diffusion going(it does not need to be extensive, but a nice diffused downstem in a straight tube or beaker can definitely help the hit to feel better and smoother) and you will not feel the need to want to use ice.

So glad you are coming around and enjoying the forums. The glass forum is a cool place ;)

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: Ville23
Top Bottom