Ice Cream Addiction........

Dawntreader

Kayakist
ipe46LR.jpg

New twist to the ol' cone :tup:

That is the most erotic icecream cone i have ever seen ;)

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I'm a little different than everybody else I consider my ice cream habit medicinal like my MJ lost about 30 pounds in the past 3 months due to medical procedures so I found that a chocolate milkshake everyday helps put back on the pounds.

I actually have a procedure today a cardio restart and my last treat to myself was a huge chocolate milkshake:rofl:

Last edited:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
That looks awesome makes me want to run over to twistetreat! I'm going to give u milkshake recipe fill glass with chocolate ice cream add about 2 or3 spoons nesquick 2or3 spoons peanut butter half a handful chocolate chips I use a grater 2or3 spoons Abv mix well enjoy:tup:
Oops fogot the milk

randybishop

There is a biological reason for dairy addiction. Below is an excerpt from " Breaking the Food Seduction, by PCRM president Neal Barnard, M.D.".

Cow’s milk—or the milk of any other species, for that matter—contains a protein called casein that breaks apart during digestion to release a whole host of opiates called casomorphins. A cup of cow’s milk contains about six grams of casein.

If you examined a casein molecule under a powerful microscope, it would look like a long chain of beads (the “beads” are amino acids—simple building blocks that combine to make up all the proteins in your body). When you drink a glass of milk or eat a slice of cheese, stomach acid and intestinal bacteria snip the casein molecular chains into casomorphins of various lengths. One of them, a short string made up of just five amino acids, has about one-tenth the pain-killing potency of morphine.

What are these opiates doing there, hidden in milk proteins? It appears that the opiates from mother’s milk produce a calming effect on the infant and, in fact, may be responsible for a good measure of the mother-infant bond. No, it’s not all lullabies and cooing. Psychological bonds always have a physical underpinning. Like it or not, mother’s milk has a drug-like effect on the baby’s brain that ensures that the baby will bond with Mom and continue to nurse and get the nutrients all babies need.

Humans are the only animals on earth that continue to consume dairy after infancy. Bottom line: Dairy is for babies, not mature animals.

Last edited:

lwien

Ain't that the fucking truth.

I've successfully been able to only eat a half a pint and throw the other half away. I know it's wasting food but for me, it's a victory every time I can do that.

This ice cream addiction is really weird. I can go for days without even a hint of a craving but about 3 times a week, a craving hits and that begins the internal dialogue of arguments of, "I want some and I want it now" to "You fucking dumbass. Just wait an hour and this craving will be totally gone", to "Yeah, but................".

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
If I don't buy any I don't eat any, it's that simple. If I do I eat small cones now, usually I can keep it to one but maybe two. I have made the midnight run for a couple of pints (it's easy to rationalize buying two when the run is 22 miles and b&j is cheaper than at the supermarket), but I really try to avoid this! I buy a big container of vanilla and a dozen sugar cones when I need groceries and that's it. I will not go grocery shopping just because I'm out of ice cream, I have to be out of fresh healthy stuff too so that also helps.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I have a legitimate problem with ice cream and as of yesterday, I will no longer be buying ice cream for the house. I kill one half gallon a day! :uhoh:

kindbeats,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've said that.

Lol I know. Definitely easier said than done. At the very least, I need to stop eating a half gallon a day. That sounds like a more realistic starting point.

kindbeats,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker

grokit

well-worn member
I went organic for the holidayz,
instead of my usual rbgh-free kirkland vanilla.

Aldens_icecream_320px.jpg

I don't usually splurge for it because I really like the kirkland,
but I like this brand even better :tup:

Mrmrmrmr

I went organic for the holidayz,
instead of my usual rbgh-free kirkland vanilla.

Aldens_icecream_320px.jpg

I don't usually splurge for it because I really like the kirkland,
but I like this brand even better :tup:
One of my favorites whenever I eat ice cream! Which isn't often as I don't eat sweets much. You have to try the cookies n cream it's the best one :nod:

grokit

well-worn member
I like the all-chocolate chip and the mint chip the most, want to try the fruity sherbert and I suppose I will have to add the cookies and cream to the list now :tup:

Since that little adventure I've been good lately, about resisting that second kirkland cone anyways. Now why can't apply the same wisdom to my vaping stash :uhh:

lwien

Two weeks ago I made a sign and taped it to the inside of the front door at eye level. It says:

NO ICECREAM !!!!!
NEVER AGAIN !!!!

Did this after being pissed at myself for being totally unconscious about the fact that I didn't want to eat it anymore but going out and buying it anyway, like I was in some kind of zombie trance. And then after I polished it, I was like..............WTF just happened ???

That's when I posted up that big note on the door.

So now I know that if I got out for some ice cream, it isn't because of some voodoo hex that someone put on me but rather that I made a conscious decision to go out and get that ice-cream regardless of the fucking note.

Has it worked? Yeah..............but not completely.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I think I just realized that it's not so much the ice cream that I'm addicted to. But I think its chocolate, ice cream is just a vessel to get the chocolate into my body.
What helped me come to this conclusion is not pooping for 3 days and still having the uncontrollable urge to eat more chocolate, even though I know it's not going to help the situation.
I'm going to try vanilla milkshakes instead I don't think it's going to work though.
nothing better than chocolate for me!!!
Maybe stop adding so much x-tra chocolate to my shake?

Mrmrmrmr

I'm honestly not a big ice cream person but damn if that weed infused Ben &jerrys doesn't look tasty :drool:

Top Bottom