Ice Chamber / Vapor Tamer

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Please read this if you are feeling helpful and know your shit about vapes ;)
The last day or two has just shown how much of a complete newbie I am at vaporisers. The amount of questions that I have poured into this forum already is nuts, but here is another one..

First i'll give a rundown of my goal, and efforts. I won't be using the bag very much. I prefer to hold the tube and sip on vapour as I please, and it's easy to pass it to the person sitting next to me. My goal is to have something that attaches to the end of my wand or tube (or whatever the rubber/silicone/PVC clear tube is) that connects the vaporiser to my mouth.

I've spent the entire day looking at bongs and male/female joints and all of these bubblers and multi-chamber bongs but now that I think of it, passing around a big heavy bong with a tube attached to it is not going to be ideal. I stumbled upon these products here.

'Vapour Tamers': http://silversurfervap.com/glass/glycerin-cooling.html
and
'Ice Chambers': http://silversurfervap.com/glass/ice-chambers.html
and
'Transfer Wands': which I have no fucking idea what they do..
http://lifesabervaporizer.com/glass/transfer-wands.html

Now the vapour tamer appears to just be a glass pipe that aims to get more oxygen into the vapour before you inhale it. It does this by allowing air in through a series of holes, and there are also sometimes glass pathways that travel through water contained within the 'vapour tamer' which can be frozen to give a cooler hit of vape.

And the ice chamber is essentially a SMALL one-handed bong without a stem (so that you can just stick your tube directly into the water contained within the 'ice chamber' or bong.)

These are pretty much the two styles of altering the harshness or impact of the vapour that I am aware of. These two products are going to be ideal to going out and buying a male/female (or whatever..) joint/adapter and using that to allow me to connect the tube/wand into a standard, universal bong or bubbler.

The vapour tamer and the ice chamber are fancy mouth-side attachments to connect to your tube/wand which allow the cooling/water filtering of the vapours.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, MISINFORMED OR IGNORANT TO OTHER METHODS / TECHNIQUES OF ACHIEVING MY GOAL. I am feeling a bit lost to be honest.
Absolutely any and all input is going to help me at this stage. The whole adventure through the internet is getting to be a full-time job now, and I just want an easy solution that is going to look amazing, perform well and comfortably fit onto the end of the tube which attaches to my Arizer Extreme Q.

Fingers crossed someone out there has the answers. You guys/girls are great.
thank_you_glow.png

Herr_Dampf

Vapor tamers are just glass pathways, encased in a glass tube filled with glycerin. That way you can put them into the freezer and use them to cool the vapor. I got mine with the fancy deluxe set I bought and while fun and freaky, I do not have much use for them on a day to day basis.

Ice chambers are exactly what you said.

The transfer wand is a direct draw attachment. No tubes/whips, just glass, thats it.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Looks like my search has finally narrowed down to a reasonably sized & priced Ice Chamber. SSV seem to be the only ones who sell them as far as I can see.
Will the stock standard tube that comes with my Extreme Q fit onto an SSV Ice Chamber? I plan on getting a silicone tube for added length and flexibility but it would be the same dimensions.

Can't believe my 48 hour sweep of these forums and every bong/vape site on the net is coming to a close. :p

Herr_Dampf

No clue about tube sizes but I always felt those things (ice chambers) are quite expensive for what you get...a glass tube with 2 holes in it.

Herr_Dampf,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

KidFated.

Unknown Member
If $100 is still okay, I like my vapor brothers bubbler and it also comes with a whip adapter when bought new.

The infamous can't be too much different though, besides the removable mouthpiece

Radio

stay true to yourselves
What is a water tool? So clueless..

Also the SSV Ice Chamber is $90. A pretty steep price for what it is (a tiny bong with a bunch of parts missing) but they look like some very nice glass pieces, and if you look at the two photos of it one of them is actually a picture with all of the colours you can choose. It's a 'create your own' Ice Chamber, and you can request small alterations to it such as name inscriptions and those little glass balls or dots as decoration.
It makes the $90 price a little more reasonable, and it'd look fantastic on the end of a tube I reckon.

Checking this out right now. Looks classy! You need two pieces of tubing for this though, whereas the SSV Ice Chambers have the traditional bong mouth-hole (for lack of a more eloquent word) which is just a classic IMO.

If you were to get the Orbiter, what would you put on the end of the second piece of tube? (The tube that goes from the Orbiter directly to your mouth)
It would have to be something that complimented the whole dope looking setup you had going on, because a plain old plastic tube in your mouth would look dodgy. I might just be picky but I want my setup to be something I can be proud of. Can't be inviting people over to hit that vape and pass them a plain old plastic tube to stick in their mouths lol

edit: just notice that it comes with 2 lengths of tube. an 18" one, and a 27" one. That helps!

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Looks like my search has finally narrowed down to a reasonably sized & priced Ice Chamber. SSV seem to be the only ones who sell them as far as I can see.
Will the stock standard tube that comes with my Extreme Q fit onto an SSV Ice Chamber? I plan on getting a silicone tube for added length and flexibility but it would be the same dimensions.

Can't believe my 48 hour sweep of these forums and every bong/vape site on the net is coming to a close. :p
Your journey is just beginning...and the end is nowhere in sight!:nod:

Herr_Dampf

If you were to get the Orbiter, what would you put on the end of the second piece of tube? (The tube that goes from the Orbiter directly to your mouth)
It would have to be something that complimented the whole dope looking setup you had going on, because a plain old plastic tube in your mouth would look dodgy. I might just be picky but I want my setup to be something I can be proud of. Can't be inviting people over to hit that vape and pass them a plain old plastic tube to stick in their mouths lol

edit: just notice that it comes with 2 lengths of tube. an 18" one, and a 27" one. That helps!

Yep, and if I understand it right those whips come with the propper connectors as well, so you are pretty much set. I think the MF drawwhips come with acryl mouthpieces but I guess you could also get one of those glass stems http://sales.magic-flight.com/stems

I plan to use it with:
http://www.epicvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=89
and maybe if I get one of those later on
http://www.epicvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=91
instead of the drawwhip as well. I guess you could use bigger direct draw glasstems as well but at some point it will become to heavy for such a tiny bubbler.

Herr_Dampf,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

walrus

My :2c:. Dude, just order a d020. It's dirt cheap and a rock solid starter piece for anyone, especially if you are new to glass. Works great with most any vape (though you may need an adapter, whip, etc, depending on what vape you use), great for dabbing, even fine for combustion if that's your thing. Mine finds it's way into the rotation of much more expensive glass more often than you would imagine. It will give you a great point of reference as to what you really want. Don't like the small size of the d020? Start your search for something bigger. Not enough diffusion? Look for something with more percs, slits, etc. Think you'd prefer a straight mouthpiece? Start searching with that in mind. Point is, for $30, you get a great starting point to base your search off of as well as a functional piece that may well be of use to you for years to come. If not, hey it's $30, no big loss and at least you know what you don't like and can start your search from there.

IMO, anyone into glass should have one if for no other reason than a backup or a piece to hand your drunk/clumsy friends who may be prone to break your prized pieces.

It will take a couple weeks to get to you so you can still continue your research while waiting but you'll be less prone to pulling the trigger on an expensive piece that you may not like, knowing that you have something on the way.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Deja Vu,

Please read this if...

Shit! I read it anyway, despite the vastness of my unlimited ignorance...

40.gif

My goal is to have something that attaches to the end of my wand or tube (or whatever the rubber/silicone/PVC clear tube is) that connects the vaporiser to my mouth.

Well, vaporizer accessories meant for the human mouth are typically called mouthpieces.

So i guess you're after a "deluxe" one, a type nobody else seems to use or even know!...

5.gif

...OTHER METHODS... ...I just want an easy solution that is going to look amazing, perform well and comfortably fit onto the end of the tube which attaches to my Arizer Extreme Q.

It turns out i've played with the Arizer V-Tower. If that's close enough then i may be able to contribute after all:

FC: excessive vape coughing (2012-Dec-1)

The initial experiment was intended to promote a better perception of contrasts like hot and cold, dry and moist. Even in combinations actually:
  • Hot & Dry
  • Hot & Moist
  • Cold & Dry
  • Cold & Moist
...or vice-versa...

That was using an HerbalAire. In your specific case the exact configuration should be similar to this:

Perhaps it will provide new directions to explore, i'd strongly suggest to aim at slightly-humidified room-temperature or warm cannabic vapor. Though i suppose preferences vary...

106.gif

How about a more detailed view?

Or even closer...

That's one option i used to consider but then i converted to my VaporGenie self-humidifying pipe, since i find dryness has priority.

Do you have any idea which feature will fit your own preferences best? Cold? Hot? Dry? Moist? Never even really checked?...

Now, how about a combination of those with various intensities??? Etc.

:peace:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I'll admit there are only a few portions of that whole post that I properly understand, haha.. But heplful none the less. I am actually not going to be primarily smoking cannibus. It is going to be used by my partner and I for other herbs, plant matter and flavoursome plants/roots. I have a feeling that a more 'cool' and refreshing vape is going to be best as opposed to a warm and dry one. Room temperature would also be perfect, doesn't bother me.

Radio,
Reactions: Egzoset
Top Bottom