Ice Chamber on SSV?

somepothead

Hello all,
I bought my Silver Surfer a couple of weeks ago. This is my second vaporizer; the first being the easy-vape digital hands free one. I love my surfer..it is great in every aspect. I am going to place an online order soon to order the necessary accessories; extra hose, extra wand, screens, picks, and a custom mouthpiece. I figure it is good to have these pieces in case something breaks.. Do other people see this as a good idea? Also, I have been marveling and highly debating about getting an ice chamber. Sometimes I get my SSV milked and the thought of it going through ice and water seems amazing (but expensive). For people who have bought ice chambers, were they worth the money? Does it make the experience that much better? I currently do not own a water pipe which would let me simply buy the $20 attachment that adapts it to fit the hose. I have been debating many days about buying one so opinions would be appreciated!! The cheapest one I could find is about $70, which is my only deterrent...

Mike

somepothead,

MK

Sorry to thread jack (and if anyone minds, delete my post), but how do you compare the SSV to the easy vape. My easy vape just died and I'm in the market for a PD, but a SSV would be a good (complete opposite) alternative.

MK,

B.

War Criminal
Having spare heater covers is essential, especially if it is your only vape. Cooling vapor down with ice is super smooth and tasty, and you can take super huge hits, which may not be the best if you're trying to conserve. I just send the tube from my wand straight into my bong which I usually only fill with ice, not water. May just be a myth, but I have heard water somehow decreases the potency of the vapor. I like crushed ice better if i have access.

From what I've read on this site, the PD can not be beat in terms of efficiency. The SSV is a different type of vape, but what's great about is it can be efficient too, but damn is tempting to load way more than you actually need. I did an experiment when I first got my SSV where I only filled my wand with just barely enough to cover the screen. It definitely got me buzzed. I typically load considerably more though, even though I probably don't actually need to. It's just that it's so much fun.

MK-if you have access to another vape, I would get the PD. If you don't, I would do the SSV because of the waiting list. Last I looked it was 7 weeks. Thats a lot of combusting while you wait. But you also have to consider your wants. The PD can only load around .025 at a time, while the SSV can hold many times that. Maybe a fat joint's worth. Like you said, they're very different.

You don't really need a glass bong to get ice cooled vapor. Improvise. Try using a 20 oz soda bottle full of crushed ice. Cut a small hole 2 or 3 inches above the bottom of the bottle so that when the ice melts the water won't get in your tube. Make the hole just barely large enough to fit the tube and it should make a good seal. Inhale from the top. Ice cold ;)

B.,
Top Bottom