I need suggestions

Antant9

Greetings FC community, i'm glad to be here. I follow your forum from a lot of time even if i never created an account, you're really an helpful community for everyone interested in the world of vaporizers, Thank you for that.
I desperately need suggestions about the choice of a new vaporizer, i'm looking for a portable unit (I love pen shaped vaporizers) without any ceramic part (no ceramic heating element or chamber), can you help me?

PS: I already own a Dyna VapCap M but i cannot always use a lighter, so i'm looking for something battery powered.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Antant9,

Squiby

Welcome to the forum @Antant9.

If you want a small portable vaporizer that is efficient, reliable and fun to use, get a Vapcap.

The Vapcap is made by Dynavap. It is tiny, the size and shape of a cigarette. They are arguably the most attractive vaporizers on the market and are made from materials like stainless steel, titanium and wood. No plastic anywhere. Made and engineered in the USA. The price is very reasonable, from $60 for the basic all stainless steel M model to $95-$115 for the titanium tipped models and up to $190 for the top of the line all titanium Omni model. All the models are fantastic vapes.

The Vapcap is a dry herb vape but it also handles hash and concentrates as well. It is surprisingly efficient and you will get much higher with less material than many other vapes. You'll certainly save money on bud.

Vapcaps are heated by just about any heat source. The common way to heat them is with a small jet butane lighter with anywhere from one to 4 jets. I like this one, linked below, because it is about the same size as the Vapcap and since it ignites using a flint, it is quiet as well. You heat the cap until it clicks a few seconds later and you are ready to toke. You can also use a bic, a candle, an induction heater that you plug in or powered by batteries if you don't want a flame. The induction Heaters have become very popular. Other sources of heat for the Vapcap are campfire sticks, a stove element of even a match or a solar heater. When the power goes, no worries. No batteries or cords to fuss with, replace, charge or organize. The Vapcap will always work.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cylinder-Fl...265150?hash=item4ae61d61be:g:2gMAAOSwcnpTnqSj

This is a long term vape. You may consider putting it in your will, cause it will still be functioning. There are videos on YouTube showing the Vapcap being run over by monster trucks with only a scratch or two to show for it. They are tough as nails.

https://www.dynavap.com

One of the fun things about a Vapcap is that they are modular, meaning that the components are interchangable , so you can switch out bodies, stems, mouthpieces, condensers and tips for different applications or to create a look of your own. Beyond the stock midsections at the Dynavap site, there are custom aftermarket artists that make stunningly beautiful pieces for your Vapcap. Here is a gallery of Vapcap pictures.

https://www.pinterest.de/GonzodaHutt/vapcap-lego-for-stoners/

Join us on the Vapcap thread. We are a happy and content bunch and will be happy to answer your questions.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-975#post-1205149

Vapcaps are really wonderful vapes and will last a lifetime and I highly recommend them.

Antant9

Thank you very much for you suggestion, i already own a Dyna VapCap M, i forgot to mention in the post (i'll edit), sorry, i'm pretty happy with it but i'm not always able to use a lighter. I'm looking for something battery powered.

Antant9,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@Antant9 you could look into the Lil'Bud by Vapwood , made by @Bravesst . No ceramic , no glass , only wood and stainless steel wire mesh heater. You mentioned loving pen style , the only pen style I can think of for dry herb is the Grasshopper but recently a couple guys in Lil'Bud thread favor their LB over the GH..

Here's a video of the Lil'Bud.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Antant9 - other than being portable what other characteristics are important to you?

Does it need to be stealthy? Replaceable battery? Price range?

His_Highness,
Reactions: Antant9

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I also would recommend induction heater for your vapcap

Or, if you can bare a ceramic heater, the arizer air look like a big pen or fat marker and it uses much more convection than vapcap and this is nice flavor wise and effect wise

Antant9

Thanks everyone for your answers!

@Antant9 you could look into the Lil'Bud by Vapwood , made by @Bravesst . No ceramic , no glass , only wood and stainless steel wire mesh heater. You mentioned loving pen style , the only pen style I can think of for dry herb is the Grasshopper but recently a couple guys in Lil'Bud thread favor their LB over the GH..

Here's a video of the Lil'Bud.

I'm really impressed, i really like this unit, thanks for your suggestion!

@His_Highness Sorry i'll try to be more specific, Stealthy units are appreciated but also if they're not super small are ok, i don't care about replaceable battery and my price range is between 100 and 300$. I really love pen style vaporizers and big and satisfactory clouds, other than weed when I'm a little nervous i'm also used to vaporize some natural dry tobacco leaves.

@BornAgainSteama @Daweed44 Thank you very much for your suggestion my girlfriend own a Fury 2, I was so lucky to try it, i really like the unit but lately the holes of heating chamber seem a little obstructed, i'm also not sure if the heating element is not ceramic.

@Slagzord @Andreaerdna Yes i heard about it but seems a bit too cumbersome :lol:

I also like the Arizer Air 1-2 a lot but i'm trying to avoid ceramic at all costs.

I tried to look for a portable unit without ceramics/aluminum before opening the thread but I didn't have much luck, it would be great to understand which models have no ceramic heating element or chamber.

Last edited:

steama

@BornAgainSteama @Daweed44 Thank you very much for your suggestion my girlfriend own a Fury 2, I was so lucky to try it, i really like the unit but lately the holes of heating chamber seem a little obstructed, i'm also not sure if the heating element is not ceramic.

From Healthy Rips

Health and Safety
https://www.healthyrips.com/health.html

It seems it would be weird for a company to highlight a stainless steel and glass air path and fail to include or mention a ceramic heater. The heater is not ceramic so you can rest easy.

Here is something additional to view on the Fury 2 that may answer all your material questions.

FURY 2 Teardown
https://blog.puffitup.com/2018/01/fury-2-teardown-new-year-new-vape-destruction/

Dollar for dollar this is one hell of a little vape that is very hard to beat.

:myday:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've heard only great things about the Fury 2 from people I respect, but I've not yet tried one.
Aside from your criteria, my two favorite portables are the mistvape touch and the magic flight launch box. These are both extremely effective and both are very different. Mistvape is convection, launch box conduction. Mistvape gives you the thick clouds you're seeking plus efficiency and lots of flavor. Launch box is completely manual meaning that there's a bit of a learning curve but once you understand how to use it it's effortless and very satisfying. There's a few good tutorials on youtube. You won't see thick clouds but you'll feel it in your lungs and it's been said that the launch box is one of the most effective vaporizers available. It's also among the least expensive. I've bought most of my vapes thru the years used through the classifieds here which I recommend you taking a look see in general. In fact my beloved launch box was bought used for about 40. good luck.

jeffp,

Zak McKracken

Fury is really great!Best value for money.How about the Mighty ? Better vapor quality though I also find the fury 2 to be relatively smooth for such a small airpath.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Greetings FC community, i'm glad to be here. I follow your forum from a lot of time even if i never created an account, you're really an helpful community for everyone interested in the world of vaporizers, Thank you for that.
I desperately need suggestions about the choice of a new vaporizer, i'm looking for a portable unit (I love pen shaped vaporizers) without any ceramic part (no ceramic heating element or chamber), can you help me?

PS: I already own a Dyna VapCap M but i cannot always use a lighter, so i'm looking for something battery powered.

Thanks in advance :)

I would consider the Fury 2 and the Mistvape Essence. The essence is similar in functionality to the Sticky Brick line but it is more "pen shaped".

Tiny88,

steama

I would consider the Fury 2 and the Mistvape Essence. The essence is similar in functionality to the Sticky Brick line but it is more "pen shaped".
Personally, I find vapes that blow butane flame directly into the air path to be dry and irritating on my throat but they work fantastic in the vapor production department.

Vaporware

Since you line the Li’l Bud, you should also be aware of some others that are similar (but have glass air paths):

Milaana / Milaana 2
MistVape Touch / MVT 2
Splinter / Splinter Z (510 box attachments)
...and my favorite, the Nomad!

Oh, and the iHeat which is also a 510 attachment and I believe it uses wood for the air path like the Li’l Bud.

Unfortunately the Nomad has a significant waiting list (as does the iHeat I think), but if you like this style of vaporizer I’d get on the list for later anyway.

One thing you should know if you haven’t learned it already is that all of these except the ones controlled by a 510 box mod are “unregulated”. This means they continue to heat for as long as you hold the button and you can combust if you hold it too long.

Performance also changes a bit as the battery gets lower, and you have to know when to switch batteries by noticing that change or periodically measuring the battery to make sure you don’t over-drain and damage it. Damaged batteries can be dangerous.

If you just keep a couple of batteries charged and switch them every few bowls you should be fine. :)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@His_Highness Sorry i'll try to be more specific, Stealthy units are appreciated but also if they're not super small are ok, i don't care about replaceable battery and my price range is between 100 and 300$. I really love pen style vaporizers and big and satisfactory clouds, other than weed when I'm a little nervous i'm also used to vaporize some natural dry tobacco leaves.

I tried to look for a portable unit without ceramics/aluminum before opening the thread but I didn't have much luck, it would be great to understand which models have no ceramic heating element or chamber.

Looks like portability is key and stealth is just added value. I've tried just about all the "cigar" pen style vapes and while I think they have their place.... there are better options out there than when I first started using them. @stickstones introduced me to a new "cigar" pen that hasn't come out just yet. I didn't do a detail beat down on it but my initial thoughts are that it would be number one by a small margin compared to the others I've tried (See my signature on each post for the pens I'm talking about). I have been reading up on the Fury 2 (and the re-brands) and would have thought it was a contender here until I saw your post. Anywhoo...Here's my suggestion:

- Planet of the Vapes is still running a 25% off Arizer sale. You could pick up a Solo for about $108. Battery life is amazing, stainless steel oven, all glass path, easy to clean, hits hard, sturdy as they come and versatile as hell. I still prefer the Solo over the newer Arizer's which is why I have so many Solos and give them as gifts to those I want to convert from smoking.

- If you're set on a cigar pen you could also pick up a Xmax V2 Pro for about $79. It's one of the cheaper, hard hitting cigar pens. There was a time when I rated this vape lower than the other cigar pens in my signiture but some of the recent upgrades for the other pens didn't impress me but others may differ.

When it's all said and done you'll have two vapes to play with for under $200 but I don't know that you need the XMAX V2 Pro if you get the Solo and I only mentioned it because you seem to like the pens.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Haze Square Pro....if you're up for the learning curve and some of the quirks....I'm hearing and reading that it's putting out some AMAZING vapor and no matter the complexity and early adoption quirks .... those who have it dialed in are loving it.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nah, don't bother with the XMAX V2 Pro. That's only a viable choice for someone with a budget under like $75.

Not knowing much about your checklist my vote is for a Fury 2 and that Arizer Solo deal from Planet of the Vapes @His_Highness recommended.

Antant9

Thank you all for your answers, very helpful!

@vapognak @habitat-fc I had very bad experieces with ceramic coil/chamber vaporizers in terms of health and breathing (i owned an arizer solo with ceramic coil and a xmax v2 pro with ceramic chamber), something that I have never had with those in stainless steel like my Vapcap or my girlfriend's fury 2.

@BornAgainSteama @Zak McKracken Thank you for info!

@jeffp Same here healthyrips reputation seems very solid, my girlfriend is really happy with her fury 2 and i like it too. I heard about Mistvape touch, seems a really cool device, i'll try to get more info.

@Tiny88 Wow the Mistvape essence is really cool, thanks. But i'm most oriented for a battery powered unit.

@VaporWare I really like all these devices, especially the nomad, my main concern is that all these needs a bit of tecnique and i heard they can burn herb, i was looking for something more simple, like the fury 2 with premade or custom temperatures.

@His_Highness i tried to figure out what's the vaporizer you mentioned (about stickstones) but i don't know what is it. About the arizer and the xmax i owned both units years ago and i had problems with ceramic parts, so i would avoid them, instead the Haze Square seems a really cool model, i'm collecting info about it, not sure if titanium coils are an healthy choice btw.

@bossman @arb Thanks for your suggestion.

I also have some credit in the store vaposhop, I wondered which of the portable models available come without a ceramic chamber or ceramic coil.
I'm trying to figure out what material the Fenix 2.0 and Fenix Svaty use as coil/heating element.
Another feature that i'm looking for is the isolated airpath, i forgot to mention it before.

Thank you all again for your support, you're great guys!

Last edited:

Vaporware

@VaporWare I really like all these devices, especially the nomad, my main concern is that all these needs a bit of tecnique and i heard they can burn herb, i was looking for something more simple, like the fury 2 with premade or custom temperatures.

I completely understand if you want to start with something simple. :) If you do decide to try one of the unregulated convection portables later though, look into each one because while they can all technically burn your flower, some are much more forgiving.

For example, the Nomad has interchangeable heaters (low/medium and medium/high so far), and while the medium/high can char your herb more quickly if you don’t use the right technique the low/medium heater seems to be okay to hold for a whole draw without problems.

I’m not sure how the others compare, but I think most have a manageable learning curve and I don’t hear about a lot of people combusting in them once they’ve learned how to use them. :)

Top Bottom