I Made a Custom Bud Tray (Thoughts?)

I have the good fortune to work somewhere that has a laser cutter. Recently I’ve been putting it to use trying to make a new way to handle herbs at home. After updating my initial prototype, I’m pretty happy with it and would like to see what you think. It’s a 5” x 7” tray with a channel in one corner for easy pouring into your favorite piece and a magnetic lid which also closes the channel to turn the tray into a tightly sealed storage box.

The prototype is made of acrylic, but the final will be made of wood, as the bud sticks to the acrylic if it sits for more than a few minutes. If there’s interest I’d like to start a Kickstarter and make this thing (as well as my other marijuana device ideas) my day job!

Thanks for taking a look. Pictures and video below.

02-open.jpg

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Shoulda made with silicone mat on it with storage on the side fit for dabbers, containers, etc. Just fit a bit more for 420 friendly purposes. I'm in need of an item like that.t

iDRINKBLEACH,

herbivore21

Shoulda made with silicone mat on it with storage on the side fit for dabbers, containers, etc. Just fit a bit more for 420 friendly purposes. I'm in need of an item like that.t
If like the OP says, this is for bud - silicone mats are exactly what it doesn't need! I am all for these mats for oils, but for bud, they are worse than almost any other surface! Particulates and trichomes alike just really are a bitch to clean off of silicone! My pet hate is people putting bud on silicone mats lol

herbivore21,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
If like the OP says, this is for bud - silicone mats are exactly what it doesn't need! I am all for these mats for oils, but for bud, they are worse than almost any other surface! Particulates and trichomes alike just really are a bitch to clean off of silicone! My pet hate is people putting bud on silicone mats lol
You're right it actually took me for ever to write that I was in the middle of a session n completely spaced he said for his bud. Yeah herb sticks to it like Velcro. Well compartments would be a big bonus.

Top Bottom