I love it..but I'm using much more weed

Petrolhead

@Aphex Twin: my english isn't good, but 1DMF cover me and in his post you can find answer in your question... :tup:
I was with 1 gear, 420F only. Wrong. Here I discover lower temps. For me 200c/392f is like a dish with gourmet food.

Petrolhead,
Reactions: hibeam

hibeam

alpha +
Some say vaping can result in slower onset of feeling high, that the hard fast sensation is caused by the toxins in smoke, not the good stuff. Wait longer between hits? Vaping is more comfortable than combusting too so the urge to back off might hit much later? Heavy smokers of anything may need time to heal before recognizing a cleaner high? Some grinders are wasteful. Some people rub the material through a mesh tea strainer instead to get it fine enough.

hibeam,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It took at least three months of solid vaping with a stacked volcano before i started even feeling 'stoned' when i first switched to vaping. It took forever and I'd previously given up even trying to get high from vaping but I was determined to keep going to see if it clicked.

I now get higher than ever, more battered than ever. My consumption finally went way down. Now i can do minimal amounts and get higher than ever. Stick with it, I've got a feeling it takes some of us a while to click into the different high. I've had one other friend experience the same thing.

It also didnt help that I had Graves Disease unknowingly ravaging my body for ten years, stopping me from getting high due my brain, body, and metabolism running itself into the ground at a million miles an hour! :)

Keep all your spent herb and eat it in a meal! I'd be pretty certain that thats gonna knock you on your arse too :)

EDIT: Yeah, get the best vape you can afford too! Doesnt have to be expensive, just well reviewed round these parts :)

Ricardo

I don't know anything about your model of vaporizer but I'd say a couple of things could improve your experience. First, vapor is basically steam and it needs to build up a little before gently breathing it in rather than pulling like mad - that could very well be clogging whatever tyoe of screen/filter is used. Very important to keep mesh screens unlogged (soak in ISO). Secondly, I'd take a T Break of 4 or 5 days to increase your tolerance. Also, as recommended above, grind your weed fairly fine, generally better results. I'm a lightweight but 10 grams last me anything up to 3 months and I get buzzed most evenings, blazed on weekends :peace:

Quitting cigarettes is what brought me to vaping. I am on Champix tablets and having touched nicotine for 6-7 weeks. For decades I've been giving up cigarettes and then getting myself readdicted through joint smoking. This is the answer. Also, I am an angler, and some of my fishing involves long stays (up to a week) living in a bivvy in the wild. This is, of course, a great time to get stoned but I get so hammered I barely leave my campbed. I mean I will smoke 20 joints a day and it affects my fishing because I am too lazy. I am assuming that vaping is going to solve that problem too. It increasingly seems to me like it's all the "good" side of getting stoned without the "bad". Even my wife, who used to avoid weed because it got her paranoid, is getting in to it.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
I would say get a desktop vaporizer.

I haven't tried out this herbstick but it sounds in line with my old flowermate. If you are looking for a couch lock effect (will vary by strain) you should try out a log vaporizer. I got a bamboo heat island a while back that broke recently because of user error, but while it worked it was a real kicker. Vaping high is different than smoking high, but know that to really feel it, you have to get a lot of cloud at once. And desktop vaporizers do that. Specifically log vaporizers if you want to conserve herb while doing it.

I think that weed's cumulative effect is lesser than if the same amount of product was taken all at once. Just a rule I've noticed for me from dabbing/smoking/vaping.

thisperson,
Reactions: waxdab23
I would say get a desktop vaporizer.

I haven't tried out this herbstick but it sounds in line with my old flowermate. If you are looking for a couch lock effect (will vary by strain) you should try out a log vaporizer. I got a bamboo heat island a while back that broke recently because of user error, but while it worked it was a real kicker. Vaping high is different than smoking high, but know that to really feel it, you have to get a lot of cloud at once. And desktop vaporizers do that. Specifically log vaporizers if you want to conserve herb while doing it.

I think that weeds cumulative effect is lesser than if the same amount of product was taken all at once. Just a rule I've noticed for me from dabbing/smoking/vaping.
Too late. Not only do I have a Herbstick but I also now have a Flowermate! I'm starting to think I should have got a desktop one as the new one seems similar.

Aphex Twin,

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
Aww. Dang. Well try out a bamboo hi when you get the chance, it's the cheapest of the log options and won't send you back too much. It's just 45 for a bamboo unit last I checked. 12 for power supply but you can get away with any 12v 1.2 amp charger I believe, so long as it has the same connection. and like 10 for a stem IIRC. It comes out pretty cheap. And will make you a believer in logs!

Just to add to this, I've just had my first go on my new Firestick Mini. It's a nice little unit, although I have a couple of negatives: the screens are fiddly and there are only 2. Also, the little vents can't be opened with your fingers so you have to use teeth.

But it definitely gave me a lot more intensive vape in less time. I'm pretty stoned from one go and impressed. Thanks for all the comments. I'm off to empty the fridge.

Alexis

I'm new to vaping after smoking joints with tobacco for more than 25 years. I've found it something of a revelation, but am having one or two little teething problems which I hope you experts can help me iron out.
I've got a Herbstick Eco portable vape, which was about £30.

The positives are all over this forum, so I won't repeat them but I'm loving the clean high and discretion.

The biggest negative for me is that I am using a lot of weed in comparison to when I smoked joints. This is perhaps offset by the slight high I got when I spent a few days revaping my ABV, but it's still noticeable. In an evening I might get through two grams of good quality, THC heavy skunk. I've also tried hash, and I got through similar amounts. When I smoked I got through about half of that.

Maybe I'm hammering more in pursuit of couchlock, as a legacy of my joint smoking. I'm certainly getting very "high". Or maybe I'm not preparing the weed correctly. The weed, I've been breaking up as small as I can with my fingers. The hash I've been heating and crumbling like in a joint.

The Herbstick had 6 temperatures and I'm heating the weed on the second to highest, and hash on the highest setting.

I read everywhere on this forum that everyone is getting better "value" using their vape but I don't think I am. Do I need a better vaporizor or can I make changes which will help?
Not all vaporizers are the same when it comes to what you get out of your herb. Some poor vapes just dont give you nearly enough buzz in return for any amount of weed, while others can be the opposite.

I quit combusting completely in 2008. I got a large verdamper vaporizer early 2009. I vaped 3 0.4 gram loads a day for 11 days, so just 1.2 grams a day.
I really dont know how I did it, nor does anybody else who ever tried the verdamper ever since.

After those intense 11 days, where it took me all day forcing myself to get throuh the 3 loads (I was really ill for 7 weeks and couldnt even try the verdamper until 7 weeks after the planned christmas hols, so was trying to make up for lost time), I felt utterly damaged like I used to after days, weeks or months of hallucinenic consumption in the past.

I used it for 6 years, and my god, the amount of weed I used in that time, in any method of smoking I have every tried, would not have come close to how much I got from it with the verdamper.
Often, a third gram a day was easily enough for an evening, and any more than 0.5, 0.6 a day was just unnecessary.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I say get something like the VapCap for portable or if you have enough money to spend get a Milaana and invest for home, in a good log vaporizer. I love my Enanos and soon will be buying one of @Ed's TnT new log vapes. You can't beat a good log vape IMO. They are really worth it.

Top Bottom