I lost one of my best friends to cancer yesterday...

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Hello FC,
I am here to lean the FC community for support. Yesterday I lost one of my lifelong, and dearest friends to T-cell lymphoma. He has been fighting like a true warrior for around two years and finally had to throw in the towel. I left work early to be with him but did not make it in time. I could not go after he passed. I could not see him like that. I am heartbroken. I would not be the person that I am today if it were not for him. He was able to attend my wedding and for that I am eternally grateful. I can't continue typing through the tears now.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Diehard, one of the hardest things we have to do while living is let go of those we love. Just try to remember that he is now without pain or suffering. And while I'm so sorry for your loss, he is in a 'better place' than he was.

Now, you need to go in the 'way back machine' and remember all the things you enjoyed about that person, how they enriched your life, and how you had fun with them. The positives. And with time, these will be the memories; not the sorrow of loss.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I'm so sorry
Since receiving your call yesterday I've been in shock.
At least he's not suffering anymore.
And it was very nice having us all together at the wedding. Good memories...
There really isn't anything good to say when someone so young dies from cancer. I feel so bad for his kids & wife.
I hope they can make the best of the holidays.

RIP
KENNY

You will be missed

Baron23

Hello FC,
I am here to lean the FC community for support. Yesterday I lost one of my lifelong, and dearest friends to T-cell lymphoma. He has been fighting like a true warrior for around two years and finally had to throw in the towel. I left work early to be with him but did not make it in time. I could not go after he passed. I could not see him like that. I am heartbroken. I would not be the person that I am today if it were not for him. He was able to attend my wedding and for that I am eternally grateful. I can't continue typing through the tears now.
My deepest and most sincere condolences; both for you who lost a dear friend, for your friend who lost his life, and for his family who lost a member.

May healing come quickly to all.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

For a Dancer
Jackson Browne

Keep a fire burning in your eye
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down
I don't remember losing track of you
You were always dancing in and out of view
I must've always thought you'd be around
Always keeping things real by playing the clown
Now you're nowhere to be found
I don't know what happens when people die
Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try
It's like a song playing right in my ear
That I can't sing
I can't help listening
I can't help feeling stupid standing 'round
Crying as they ease you down
Cause I know that you'd rather we were dancing
Dancing our sorrow away
(Right on dancing)
No matter what fate chooses to play
(There's nothing you can do about it anyway)
Just do the steps that you've been shown
By everyone you've ever known
Until the dance becomes your very own
No matter how close to yours another's steps have grown
In the end there is one dance you'll do alone
Keep a fire for the human race
And let your prayers go drifting into space
You never know will be coming down
Perhaps a better world is drawing near
And just as easily, it could all disappear
Along with whatever meaning you might have found
Don't let the uncertainty turn you around
(The world keeps turning around and around)
Go on and make a joyful sound
Into a dancer you have grown
From a seed somebody else has thrown
Go on ahead and throw some seeds of your own
And somewhere between the time you arrive and the time you go
May lie a reason you were alive but you'll never know

Songwriters: Jackson Browne
For a Dancer lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Peermusic Publishing

Tranquility

Gone From My Sight
I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying..

--Van Dyke

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm so sorry for your loss @DieHard. The memories that you two made will hold special in your heart. I think with the hustle and bustle of everyday life often we don't appreciate the smaller and simpler things in life, like appreciating the love of a wonderful friend.

Also just appreciating having better health and trying to hold onto that. When we were children who thought life would become so difficult at times. Let's make 2017 as best as we can make it for ourself and those we love. It doesn't even have to cost any money. Love you guy!:love:

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
If you feel like it, tell us more about him. Why was he such a nice person, what was his guilty pleasure? What memory of him brings you tears of joy?
I know it hard, and it will remain hard. But not talking about someone makes it seem like they are really lost, whilst instead you should try to remember what that person liked and disliked and cherish those views, try to implement them in your life. This way a portion of his persona sticks around for greater good.
I wish you a lot of strength

needalift

Sorry to hear about your loss . Also sorry for the late response to this thread . I too lost a very close friend recently to a different illness . He lost a battle with a deep depression and took his own life . I totally understand what you are feeling and my heart goes out to you . Me and Justin used to go cratedigging for hip hop records . I found a little sollice in going back and listening to some of the albums we copped . I hope you find an outlet to positively remember your friend , but also help you heal . Although you hurt , remember that your friend no longer does .

MyCollie

I am sorry for your loss.

You mentioned that you were happy that your friend was able to attend your wedding despite what he was going through.

I probably don't have to tell you but I know that meant a lot to him. Maybe more than so many others could possible understand. I'm speaking as a cancer survivor. I've been stage II and stage IV at different points in my life. The last 8 years have been especially horrible. Being able to get out share in others happiness is so important during rough times. It's hard to put in words how helpful it can be.

He was fortunate to have a friend like you in his life.

Top Bottom