I have wasted an ounce of weed trying to get high eating it

pressure

I followed directions after directions...I made like 3 or 4 fire crackers...decarb...im still decarbing as I type this.....

I eat eat and eat...not even a buzz...

I have gotten high once before years ago we made brownies.... I think something is wrong with me

pressure,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hey @pressure ,

What exactly are you doing here, fresh bud??? Avb???

What's your method???

Do you have any underlying health issues that would mean you don't have much fat in your body???

With a little more info i can help you...

Eating cannabis is amazing...

Vakas

It does take a few hours for you to feel it..

How did it go?

Vakas,

rakka

Vaped
lol you can get countless people stoned as fuck with an oz of weed prepared properly as edibles

rakka,

bobbylite

Exactly. I'm the same boat. Edibles do nothing to me, so I thought they were garbage. But decided to let the wife try...she ate 1/3 of a cookie and was GONE.

I on the other hand ate almost 3 cookies and felt nothing.

bobbylite,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
3 grams of avb, eaten in a cake, puts me on my arse all day, and I'm an everyday vaper... not low tolerance...

And my avb isn't anything amazing, it's all been vaped at 200...

pressure

Hey @pressure ,

What exactly are you doing here, fresh bud??? Avb???

What's your method???

Do you have any underlying health issues that would mean you don't have much fat in your body???

With a little more info i can help you...

Eating cannabis is amazing...

im using all fresh bud...actually very good mid grades

I dont know I have tried to take out the THC out of very good mid grades...in coconut oil, in a crocker pot...with decarb weed, without decarbed weed. all kinds of hours....from 4 to 18 hours on low...

I have put 1.5 grams on a gramcracker with peanut butter ......did the whole decarb thing ate it felt nothing. 2 times I did this and felt nothing

I put about 20 grams of AVB on a cheeseburger....felt nothing

maybe my mistake was breaking down my ounce into little 3.5 and 7 gram experiments. maybe I should have put the whole once in or half....I dont know

I read about people making strong THC pills and all this stuff like strong canabutter with coconut...and stuff with just AVB...I cant even do this with good green.. I dont understand

the good green is still around, and I really want to make something while its around....Im thinking of giving it 1 more go and if not ill just go back to the old fashion way

pressure,

MinnBobber

For real? That's 3/4 oz and should launch anyone into outer space for a day. Very odd. How can you even choke down a burger with that huge pile of leafage??

Maybe your liver just doesn't process the THC into a more potent form like most people's ??

On your decarbed bud, what was your final technique--- time and temp? On another post I thought you were cutting it way too close and doing bare minimum time, which could be the issue for the decarbed attempts

pressure

For real? That's 3/4 oz and should launch anyone into outer space for a day. Very odd. How can you even choke down a burger with that huge pile of leafage??

Maybe your liver just doesn't process the THC into a more potent form like most people's ??

On your decarbed bud, what was your final technique--- time and temp? On another post I thought you were cutting it way too close and doing bare minimum time, which could be the issue for the decarbed attempts

I do 225-250 for 30 to 40 min for decarb.. they said you shouldnt go to high or or boil off some kind of stuff.

my whole thing is, how much weed do I need to make an edbible cookie or something edable.

I have tried to extract the thc out of 3.5 grams and 7 grams of weed and it hasnt worked...at least I didnt get high.

yeah I ate all that AVB on the fries and in my burger...maybe caught a buzz, but I vape all my weed at 410F so its probablay nothing left

MinnBobber

yeah I ate all that AVB on the fries and in my burger...maybe caught a buzz, but I vape all my weed at 410F so its probablay nothing left
...................................................................................
Edibles just seem so "individual" with way different results for folks.

Now you did 20 grams and felt nothing with ABV maxed at 410F

I will do 2.5 or 3 grams vaped at 445 F and be flying high at the movie theater, but I'm a lightweight dosage person for my vaping.

And on my decarb I never go higher temp, I go lower temp like 215 and extend the time element to make sure it's decarbed. Sometimes I'll let it go 2 hours +, just to be sure. A little extra time can make sure .

MinnBobber,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
For real? That's 3/4 oz and should launch anyone into outer space for a day.

I think I'd need more than a day to get over 20 grams of avb, I had a chuckle when I saw that, I can't imagine what 20 grams would do to me...

@pressure where do you live, do you have access to other edibles from a dispensery???

Maybe try someone else's to see if it's you or your method..

So at a very basic level, if you put 2 grams of ground herb into a simple brownie mix(not pre decarbed), and chuck in the oven for 20 mins, your saying that would have no effect on you???

I'm thinking you may be over doing the decarb and loosing potency..

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I think I'd need more than a day to get over 20 grams of avb, I had a chuckle when I saw that, I can't imagine what 20 grams would do to me...

@pressure where do you live, do you have access to other edibles from a dispensery???

Maybe try someone else's to see if it's you or your method..

So at a very basic level, if you put 2 grams of ground herb into a simple brownie mix(not pre decarbed), and chuck in the oven for 20 mins, your saying that would have no effect on you???

I'm thinking you may be over doing the decarb and loosing potency..
I followed directions after directions...I made like 3 or 4 fire crackers...decarb...im still decarbing as I type this.....

I eat eat and eat...not even a buzz...

I have gotten high once before years ago we made brownies.... I think something is wrong with me

Try what Kellya said. Before I perfected my methods of decarbing and making canna-oil I used to just put 3 grams into the warm oil and just bake the brownies with the weed and all in there! I had heard that I could remove the THC with the oil as a kid but always figured I was wasting a little so I just threw the weed in the oil and cooked with it! Decarbing action took place during baking so I still got high. Try this simple (teenager from the 70's) method and see if it's your decarboxylation method that is screwing things up.

I have just been cooking with reclaim ever since I started using concentrates regularly so if you have access to that it's awesome! I haven't "wasted" my flower on edibles since. I promise I could send you a 200mg reclaim brownie that will send you to the moon no matter your fat content or tolerance!

tx93budsmane

whoooooo?
H
im using all fresh bud...actually very good mid grades

I dont know I have tried to take out the THC out of very good mid grades...in coconut oil, in a crocker pot...with decarb weed, without decarbed weed. all kinds of hours....from 4 to 18 hours on low...

I have put 1.5 grams on a gramcracker with peanut butter ......did the whole decarb thing ate it felt nothing. 2 times I did this and felt nothing

maybe my mistake was breaking down my ounce into little 3.5 and 7 gram experiments. maybe I should have put the whole once in or half....I dont know

I read about people making strong THC pills and all this stuff like strong canabutter with coconut...and stuff with just AVB...I cant even do this with good green.. I dont understand

the good green is still around, and I really want to make something while its around....Im thinking of giving it 1 more go and if not ill just go back to the old fashion way[/QUOTE
Holy crap 20 g's on a burger????

Holy crap 20 gs on a burger????

tx93budsmane,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
there are many issues that can affect whether edibles will work with you...
digestive acids and enzymes are primarily involved with the ability to break it down and let the liver process it (delta-11 THC!!!), so if you're taking Prilosec or some other kind of proton pump inhibitor (acid controller), THAT may be having an effect on your ability to break it down and absorb it. You may not be able to take extra hydrochloric acid (supplement available in health food stores), you SHOULD be able to take digestive enzymes before you eat one (also available at the health food store). These help in breaking down lipids.
You may be better off trying a tincture that absorbs primarily through the mucous membranes of the mouth (we get very fast absorption there), or even one of the various cannabis drinks that are out there.
Here's a link to my old reliable brownie recipe: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/guide-how-to-decarboxylate-1-1-cbd-thc-cannabis.20688/#post-991255

Top Bottom