• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

I have an idea for a Mini Glass Symphony XLR 12V

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Oh no - you've got me looking at diamond knot bangers now
And the 16mm coil for the elev8r hasn't even arrived yet :)

I'm thinking a female joint diamond knot banger and a male/male adapter with a gauze in the joint, or a short male one and an elev8r style bowl, could work in a similar way.

@Dubmonkey mentioned the diamond knot to me again recently, I remember a few of us talking about trying it years ago for a convection vape but I don't remember anyone ever doing it, I think they were pretty expensive?

Yeah I had considered doing a female joint and a m2m adapter + basket screen but I guess I liked the look of this one better :freak: I have some bowls coming which I predict will improve the experience but I haven't received them yet.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
There's a few like these on dhgate that caught my eye
https://www.dhgate.com/product/diamond-knot-quartz-nail-e-nails-elegant/401144866.html
I wonder if we could get them to make us one without the mid section to reduce the gap between the heater and the bowl
I have one of those and i have used with my torch to vape herbs ,it works,but you really gotta control your breath,strating ultra fast then rapidly decrease cause the temp drop is fast. Overall i prefer my re-creation of the Gn0mes.Maybe with an e-nail it would work better than with a torch,but mine is laying pretty much useless because they suck for concentrates too..
qhlfy.jpg

Actually i have better success with vaping with a regular banger and a carb cap.
U need female 18 banger and a male joint for the bowl. Heat the banger redhot wait a bit,drop th cap and start inhaling ,careful cause you might combust,it is very powerful.
I imagine this one will work even better with a torch.
set-quartz-diamond-loop-banger-nail-oil-knot.jpg

This one below with the cap from above and a coil.
beracky-20mm-quartz-enail-banger-nail-with-removable-diamond-knot-insert-oc-female-male-10mm-14mm-18mm-banger-nails-for-coil-heater.jpg

@invertedisdead Very cool prototype. What price you will be aiming at ? I might be up for one.Looks like coil powered mobius flower pot.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mobius-flowerpot.22331/#post-998451

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@Abysmal Vapor really appreciate the kind words my friend! :cheers:

I've never used a Möbius Flowerpot, but I've always been intrigued by that one for sure for its pure design; the original Möbius Flowerpot even had an option for using a 20mm coil, not sure why it didn't catch on around here - I guess enail controllers and big butane torches are a lot more popular now?

Not 100% sure on final price but I think it will be very competitive; final price will depend on how much my custom bowl costs to make, and whether the finished heater is built from borosilicate or quartz, the prototypes have all been boro. Also debating on the higher strength of boro versus the low coefficient of expansion of quartz... Quartz would be cool for torch users, though I have some other designs for torch vapes.

The one thing I love about this vaporizer (and I'm sure you can attest the same with your glass designs) is how smooth the vapor is. A lot of times I started despising convection vapes after a while cause the residual heat would give me a 'singed throat' feeling like smoking a bong hit, even at moderate vaping temperatures. But I haven't experienced it with this one :science:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The one thing I love about this vaporizer (and I'm sure you can attest the same with your glass designs) is how smooth the vapor is. A lot of times I started despising convection vapes after a while cause the residual heat would give me a 'singed throat' feeling like smoking a bong hit, even at moderate vaping temperatures. But I haven't experienced it with this one :science:
I agree there is something about an all-glass heat exchanger that provides the "purest feeling" vapor that I've experienced. My personal fav to this day for pure-feeling rips is my GonGnome. So damn smooth.

:peace:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I agree there is something about an all-glass heat exchanger that provides the "purest feeling" vapor that I've experienced. My personal fav to this day for pure-feeling rips is my GonGnome. So damn smooth.

:peace:
It it like the difference between drinking from crystal glass and metal or plastic cups. I am pretty sure i can guess those blindfolded.

virtualpurple

@Abysmal Vapor really appreciate the kind words my friend! :cheers:

I've never used a Möbius Flowerpot, but I've always been intrigued by that one for sure for its pure design; the original Möbius Flowerpot even had an option for using a 20mm coil, not sure why it didn't catch on around here - I guess enail controllers and big butane torches are a lot more popular now?

Not 100% sure on final price but I think it will be very competitive; final price will depend on how much my custom bowl costs to make, and whether the finished heater is built from borosilicate or quartz, the prototypes have all been boro. Also debating on the higher strength of boro versus the low coefficient of expansion of quartz... Quartz would be cool for torch users, though I have some other designs for torch vapes.

sign me on as an early buyer, already sold.

Hippie

A couple of updates
I got the quartz diamond knot enail banger things working, after a little trimming, bending and filling :rockon:
After trying a few different 18mm males and females from different suppliers these are my favs so far, with a couple of modifications :)
After a couple of wibbly wobbly moments with the banger nearly coming off the coil I wrapped some gardening wire round the mid section and bent it into a hook shape to secure the coil and make it a bit safer. Filled the gap in the top section with 3mm beads, and found that a 15mm gauze sits really nicely in the top flared out section to hold them in. And trimmed down the joint on the male banger to about half length for better diffusion.
Performance is pretty similar to an Elev8r with a 16mm coil filled to the top spike with 3mm beads on the same controller, bowl, and bong, I'd say, maybe even a little quicker, thicker and steadier with the modded banger and 20mm coil.
I'd anyones thinking about making or commissioning something I think another 2 or 3 layers to the diamond knot, more airflow, smaller or no mid section, a hook for the coil, and a half length joint would be about right.

And revisiting the soldering iron ideas
I got the Life Saber glass heater cover with 2.5mm beads, in a cup, with the 936D soldering iron controller providing the temp control, working too :rockon:
It's a lot more efficient than my previous soldering iron attempts and only requires 250-300 degrees C which doesn't make the element glow, which is a nice bonus :)
It's quite versatile with the bubble between the gauze and the joint so you can use it a few different ways. I'd say performance is like a plug in Splinter Z with the option of bigger bowls if you stem or bubble fill.

Top Bottom