I have a killer design for a vaporizor, now where do I go?

Garr3t090

Hello everybody! I'm new here and this is my first post.
I am looking for some advice on what I should do next now that I have a design for a vaporizer that I feel will be the next big thing. I'm sure you understand why I cant get to in-depth about how my product will look and work but as of this point all I have is detailed sketches about how it will look and function. I need help from someone experienced to get my product on the market. Can anyone help me out here?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Welcome to FC!

Not to sure how to answer other then find a Chinese manufacturer who will produce your vape for you then who will copy your design under different brand ? Lol ..

Is your vape made of plastic , wood, glass? Where are you located or in which country would you like your vape to be built ? Will you be building it yourself or have it mass produced ?

There are many builders here on FC. From handcrafted vapes to production vapes to DIY . Many members here with sound vaping and safety knowledge as well. Im sure many will help if you open up a little . You aren't sharing much for us to know which direction you should take really. There might be more specific business or manufacturing websites that could help you get ball rolling if so sure of your product.

If you only have an idea that you haven't tested or proved to be efficient yet, maybe start by building yourself a prototype of your drawings.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I am looking for some advice on what I should do next now that I have a design for a vaporizer that I feel will be the next big thing. I'm sure you understand why I cant get to in-depth about how my product will look and work but as of this point all I have is detailed sketches about how it will look and function. I need help from someone experienced to get my product on the market. Can anyone help me out here?

With zero information about the vaporizer it would be hard to gain any attention from investors.

analytika

Anything you believe patentable? That would limit what you can discuss here without contributing potentially proprietary technology to the prior art (which, in patent lingo, is like putting the patentable elements of your idea in the public domain). You could make some safe disclosures to individuals with the right NDA.

If you're in the patentable tech situation, best to hire a lawyer and/or find some partners who can help you get a patent filling going. I don't know whether anyone has done either, directly or indirectly, via this forum.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Your next step is to prove it and build one working unit. If it’s new tech or new configuration, don’t worry about the size. Just get it to actually work.

grindersForLife

Unapproved commercial account.

It sounds like you have a plan, but you need to prove it. Don't assume that your design will work. Prototype it as cheaply as possible to prove and refine the concept. Don't be scared to hack or augment other vaporizers to achieve this end. Assumptions will waste your time and burn your money, so prove it. And remember that ultimately you are serving the people, so make sure you're solving a problem that they care about.

Learn Computer Aided Design or CAD for short. It's easier than ever to learn. Fusion360 by Autodesk is free to use for entrepreneurs, students, and hobbyists. There are a lot of tutorials on youtube, so learn and then get your design into CAD.

Keep in mind Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law".

Some additional resources:
Fundamentals of Design by A. Slocum of MIT: http://web.mit.edu/2.75/fundamentals/FUNdaMENTALS.html
Prototyping by Dan Gelbart: https://www.youtube.com/user/dgelbart/videos
Fusion360: https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview
The Lean Startup by Eric Reis

Last edited:
Top Bottom