aspire2b

Hi everyone!

Well I'm in the market for a new vape. Its time to bin the stinkies for good!

I'm sure this is asked frequently but the variety & contradictive recommendations / information is just too much for me alone, I'd love to dabble with a few but cashflow isn't great, don't get me wrong, I'm well educated in the concept of value and false economy. So I seek all you wonderful peoplesies help in choosing my new vape!

I bought a MFLB in 2014 and I love it but I don't use it enough, I need something "I can rely on" performance wise without too much aggro.

Ok, deciding factors; :sherlock:

Budget - Not really an issue, like said above, happy to invest in something I'm happy with.

Try before buy - Not an option, all orders will be via internet and delivered to UK.

Vapour Path - Important factor, I'm buying this to be healthier (taste also) safe / quality materials are a must.

Reliability - Again, good quality materials / product. Also, performance wise must be reliable without too much faffing around.

Performance - Obvious one, taste / vapour production / hit / strength. function over form would be accurate. Not too bothered about bells & whistles.

Convection/Conduction - Not primary focus, I would be more interested in being able to stop start without bad taste i.e. heat on demand?

Versatility - Not interested in bags tbh. Solo toker most of the time. I'd like a glass bubbler.

Portability - Not a huge issue, it doesn't need to be portable however obviously advantageous (could be tempted by desktop unit as will probably buy one of each).

Stealth - Not an issue at all.

Safety, Reliability & Performance are my main criteria.

I look forward to your thoughts & suggestions, please discuss :clap:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
For a desk style I love a log vape. I have the Woodscents and I have a couple Enanos. I'm sure there are others that would fit your requirements. The vapor taste and the ease of use is what comes to mind plus it doesn't use a lot of cannabis to get you medicated. The Woodscents cost more than the Enano, they both are awesome units.with an all glass air path except for the metal screen. You can buy an Enano with a glass fitted screen that can't be removed.

There's always the EVO which is a heavy hitter. They have water tools that are mated to the unit. It's kinda spendy, over a $400. it has a glass nail for concentrates like shatter or wax. If the EVO is dropped you could break the inside glass bamboo lining. You need to be careful when you're really medicated or have a careless friend.

The Milaana is a portable, it has good taste and is a heavy hitter and is made of wood.

Pick a few units that your are interested in a read through a few pages here on FC. Be careful where you order from online. You want good customer service, you never know when you may need to use your warranty.

Any of the sponsors here on FC have good reputations and as a rule great cs. If you are out of Europe there's @VapeFiend.com which has a stellar reputation. I personally if @PuffItUp has the unit I'm looking for I go with them. I live on the west coast of the U.S and PIU is in CA.

What one person likes doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to like it. We are all different and have different needs and lifestyles.

Last edited:

howie105

For what you have listed (good list) I would suggest an E-nano from EpicVape for home use.
Air path-mostly glass
Reliability-Its a rock, never broken mine and I break everything
Performance-Taste its whatever you put into it. Giant clouds, nope its a miser using small loads but cooks them out well.
Convection/conduction, convection mostly and the load carrying part of the device is removable so its easy to pause.
Versatility, works well with glass, works well dry but load size is fairly limited.

For a portable I am still using my MFLB. Good luck and welcome to the board.

Last edited:

aspire2b

Thanks everyone such quick and helpful replies. I'm looking forward to contributing and spending more time on here in general!

To all ye more experienced forum lurkers, generally speaking, what are the main highest ranking vapes used by real people. There are lists upon lists available with a quick google search but they all contradict each other influenced by marketing, poor research, etc.

There must be some generally accepted favourites on these boards which I'm sure I'd pick up in due course but before I spend my hard earned £££'s ??. Such as;

Top 3 Portable Vapes - Budget (<£200)
Top 3 Portable Vapes - Better (>£200)

Top 3 Desktop Vapes - Budget (<£200)
Top 3 Desktop Vapes - Better (>£200)

Thanks again!

aspire2b,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I certainly suggest a log vape especially if it is for using solo or as a couple. Since you are from the UK I think a 12v log is by far your best bet. Not to knock the Nano as it is a brilliant vape from all accounts but there are major downsides for us foreigners. The downsides of breakable glass stems & 120v US power supplies turned me off. Glass breaks & being across an ocean means bulletproof reliability is needed. Same with the power supply. If it goes on a 12v vape you pop down to the shops & grab a new one (but you probably already have a few around the hose already)

Underdog & Ed's TNT would be your best bets unless RastaVapa is still making Home Grown Logs in the UK. If budget is not a primary concern a Ed's TNT Wood Scent & a Ti VapCap will serve a dual purpose as they both fit each other so the stems & tips are interchangeable. Tough & in addition to breakable glass parts there are Ti & S/S stem options that are pretty much unbreakable. A few packs of screens & O rings will last you years without having to pay huge freight.

If you want a battery portable I am sure people will have plenty of quality advice but a good log & VapCap covers an awful lot of bases.

crawdad

floatin
good quality materials / product. Also, performance wise must be reliable without too much faffing around.

hit / strength. function over form would be accurate. Not too bothered about bells & whistles.

Solo toker most of the time. I'd like a glass bubbler.

glass sherlock vapor genie. the only issue might be the learning curve, its simple enough to operate but it has sweet spots that will differ based on draw, flame and pack...turns out its a good thing, just have to learn it. the only part not glass is the ceramic diffuser and the metal ring that keeps it in place (and the removable screen). im on year 7 of mine, still my vaporizer of choice. my only wish is that it came as a bubbler (steam roller bubbler perhaps, if i find one i'll add it to the mix) but i really cant complain, its a solid hitter.

silver surfer whip would be my second suggestion and is far simpler to use since there isnt much to do, just pack, turn dial and hit.

crawdad,

hoptimum

If you're outside the US, I would not recommend a relatively fragile vaporizer like the otherwise excellent VXL Cloud EVO. If you need to get it repaired, you could have a long wait getting it back. A log would be a good option if you like small bowls. A Silver Surfer also would be a good choice. They're pretty sturdy, though you might want to get a backup wand or heater cover just in case. The Herbal Air is another good option, and very underrated, in my opinion.

hoptimum,
Top Bottom