I hate the taste, what's the best recipe?

I cook my ABV weed in oil for at least 24 hours in a crockette. I then strain everything through a cheesecloth and use the oil in the recipe just like normal(I usually make brownies). I can smell it slightly, but I can't taste it at all. But when I have had edibles that were cooked using butter it tastes horrible.

VapeNStone,

JEKLIS

yes it's a lot of extra work but it's worth it. my baked goods made with pure ABV always tastes nothing like bud at all, all of those who have tasted my ABV baked goods claim they have never tasted weed food as good as what i make. and i'm really just an average baker, i'm just good at following instructions! the only reason they think that is because they never tasted weed food that taste nothing like weed at all. watercure is the reason.
People have told me the same thing, and I don't do anything special. I DO mix the coco oil and plant material with plenty of water. The crucial part is getting the material completely strained out of the oil. I do this using MANY layers of cheesecloth ontop of a fine strainer. It can take forever to drip down, and you need to squeeze it some, but the less plant the less taste. After sitting overnight, most of the shit is left in the water on the bottom. (Also scrape the brown/whiteish film off the bottom of the oil that touched the water, this has many impurities. Anything minty will mask leftover taste, and some devils food chocolate is rich enough to overpower the taste. Eating the oil by itslef is still almost untolerable.

JEKLIS,

Benny Lava

Kenner
Ingredients for portions
1 egg (s)
130 g brown sugar
2 packs of vanilla sugar
150 g butter, soft
125 g flour (white)
25 g cocoa powder [DOUBLE it, TRIPLE it, QUADRUPLE it; the cocoa is the real ABV taste killer]
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
150 g chocolate decoration (chocolate chips, bittersweet)

Preparation: Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan oven 160 degrees Celsius).
Mix egg, sugar and vanilla sugar. Stir in butter. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and stir it all up. Also stir in the chocolate chips. Sprinkle evenly tablespoonful onto the sheet. Bake for 15 min in the oven (middlle).

Sorry for the units. But well I'm German; and as you all know: We Germans just love our metric system (+ I was too lazy to convert^^)

Sallypants

I just posted a thread with cookie recipe. I have used fine herbs, over done AVB, lightly used AVB, ditch grass, stems, all sorts of nasty crap and these cookies always taste AWESOME. If fact I always end up over eating and getting PODed

Sallypants,
Reactions: JEKLIS

JEKLIS

Rainbow rice crispies made with fruity pebbles masks the flavor pretty well, but they still smell like weed.

JEKLIS,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Instead of masking it, remove it !

I've got the solution for you, I don't liked the taste of the edibles either until I came up with that :

You gently boil your AVB in water, for at least 24 hours, changing the water 4 or 5 times (till it's coming clear), separating the stuff from the water with that :

images

The first couple waters comes green/dark brown, all that shit won't end in your final product
no loss of thc since its not solvable in water.

Then you press it in a non colored clean cotton (not washed with chemicals) tissue to remove the water soaked in the material and let it dry by spreading it on a large, clean, flat surface. (i used a mirror that i cleaned with white vinegar, you don't want to contaminate that stuff you will eat)

I placed a small electric heater near it to accelerate the process of drying

When fully dry, you crush it to make fine powder to maximize extraction.

All the bad taste has been removed !

It is now ready to be putted it in your oil, your alcohol, butter or your glycerin, whatever you want

I prefer cold extraction, its less complicated and you get a nice final product, the efficiency is at least as good if you have the time.

I did it with some organic purified cooking oil, letting it sit with the AVB in a jar for a bunch of months, shaking it regularly. filtrate (cotton tissue..). the oil was very powerful and the taste was neutral, i can drink it easy, just by puttin it on top of some fruit juice. I used it every day for a 15 day vacation, no weird stomach issues, common with edibles. The color of the oil was not dark at all, more like greenish yellow, looking and smelling just like some kind of thick olive oil. Very easy to stash, nobody would notice it !

Next time i will try with glycerin to make a really concentrated product that will end up in a spray.
I may have to use alcohol 95° for the extraction, then evaporating the excess, then mixing it with glycerin.

edit : just seen longbones post, we use the same kind of method but he don't heat the water, heating the water accelerate and enhance the process without causing thc loss since AVB already have been heated by far more higher temperatures.

It is totally working, so use it !

ProudVaporTowerOwner

I personally think if people went at it from a medicinal standpoint I.e "just getting out of pain, spasm relief, etc" your going to yield better results. What you should do it mix your ABV with some top shelf, and soak it in everclear. Don't use allot of everclear, just enough to cover it. I use multiple medicinal strains, I research each strain I get how much thc cbd etc. For those ppl in a non medical state I offer this bit of advice. I don't pretend to know what I'm doing, so I'm not going to spout off a bunch of numbers n times and crazy names like, decarboxyl. But I will say this, if you research your ingredients, you can pretty much Taylor your medication to suit your needs.

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
I prefer cold extraction, its less complicated and you get a nice final product, the efficiency is at least as good if you have the time.

I don't see how cold extraction is any easier than a 15 minute oil simmer.

And I don't know about efficiency, but you have to be loosing product when you flush it with water multiple times.

Maybe the flavor issue is the bud quality/ strand. I'm sure some are better for cooking than others. I used to make straight herb cookies with doo doo brown. They tasted stronger than the chronic abv cookies I make now that have twice as much product in them, but they never got you as ripped.

Don't throw your ABV out either. I know people who buy it to cook with! Many enjoy the extra flavor, and it compliments many dishes well.

Ratm22,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Its less complicated and also less risky but surely takes a lot more time

Heating some oil or some butter, or worse, alcohol is hazardous and need constant surveillance

The heat of the water can't go beyond 100°c which cannot cause a significant loss of THC on the AVB which have been already heated a lot. THC is not soluble in water.

Boiling the water facilitate the cleaning of the AVB but you don't need heat to extract the THC

I also consume the final oil without cooking it. Just drinking it.

So the fat have never ever been heated.
Remember that fat don't like to be cooked at all, its very bad for the stomach and don't facilitate absorption.

I think high heat degrades THC. So cooking brownies with your oil or butter, or stuff like that need very hot cooking so I'm sure there is more degradation in the final product that you consume than my method.

The shit i get from my AVB was so potent, 10ml of it makes me and my friend literally rofl in the forest mud.
And the high was AMAZINGLY CLEAR ! When cooked material is more making me sleep

Top Bottom