I guess I should stop eating McDonalds.....

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
This shouldn't be news to anyone that thinks before they cram "food" down their throat.

I don't eat any of that crap, and eat a mostly natural and organic diet with no meat though, so I'm just a crazy hippie that knows too much :lol:

My first job was at a McDonalds when I was 14, I learned a young age what this country calls "food" and how and who "prepares" it. Yuck...

And lets stop pretending that McDonalds is the only bad fast food for you.

aesthyrian,

danalee48

Hahah, I am hardly shocked by any of these revelations. But as a university student who also happens to indulge myself in the sweet herb, I will probably consume the monstrosity known as "fast food" on occasion! :lol:

danalee48,

NoSmoke

aesthyrian said:
This shouldn't be news to anyone that thinks before they cram "food" down their throat.

I don't eat any of that crap, and eat a mostly natural and organic diet with no meat though, so I'm just a crazy hippie that knows too much :lol:

My first job was at a McDonalds when I was 14, I learned a young age what this country calls "food" and how and who "prepares" it. Yuck...

Who's pretending :D, what's sad is the fact that the mainstream media wouldn't give this the light of day until now. Arbys roast beef is horrible as well, it isn't even meat, its a liquid they turn into mock roast beef. I still eat McDonalds, but the fact that a burger and won't decompose 20 years later is insane, that might push me to completely exclude it. I've also heard the ground beef at Taco Bell is the same grade beef as dog food, that could be one of those "urban myths" though, not quite sure.

NoSmoke,

bcleez

Mickey D's makes me instantly sick about 5-10 minutes after consumption. Same with BK. I am a sucker for Taco Bell and their seasoned mush. I still feel guilty over Taco Bell though, but I am more proud than sick when I dust off 6 tacos. I hate eating ground beef where its made up of like 1000 different cows per bite.

bcleez,

OO

Technical Skeptical
NoSmoke said:
aesthyrian said:

Who's pretending :D, what's sad is the fact that the mainstream media wouldn't give this the light of day until now. Arbys roast beef is horrible as well, it isn't even meat, its a liquid they turn into mock roast beef. I still eat McDonalds, but the fact that a burger and won't decompose 20 years later is insane, that might push me to completely exclude it. I've also heard the ground beef at Taco Bell is the same grade beef as dog food, that could be one of those "urban myths" though, not quite sure.

Organic food is a waste of money. please track down the organic food episode of bullshit.

how is it insane that it won't decompose in 20 years, it's pretty well explained in the shitty article posted in the first link, but the meat doesn't decompose due to salt content.

if you don't eat things on the basis of salt content than that's a reasonable reason to object to eating mcdonalds, or beef jerky, but just because the food won't decompose?
that's a silly reason.

why would you care that taco bell is "dog food grade" why would that bother you?
is dog grade food toxic? i sure hope not, you feed it to your dog.
does it taste bad? well that's slightly subjective but if it did would you still eat it?
than for what reason?

i could cut a steak and call it dog food grade, and then i would eat it.

would you look down on me for eating dog food grade steak?

people are silly, and this article is silly it's obvious that mike adams can't tell his head from his ass.

he poses the question "why won't the buns decompose?" and then adds in a list of the ingredients, and draws no intelligent conclusions from the stated information.

he then makes the statement "it's not food" in bold, even though he has done nothing to define what is food, so i'm going to accurately state, that by the definition of food as outlined in that article, an apple is not food. neither are eggs, or a banana, or lettuce.

it's a silly article, i wouldn't subscribe to any information released by that source if they were willing to publish nonsense like the link contained.

if you stop eating at mcdonalds do it for some other reason other than "it won't decompose".

oh, and yay first post!

OO,

bcleez

Who brought up grading of Taco Bell? You did. If you deep fried a cows asshole, I would not eat it. My dog would. So I would not eat dog grade meat. I would not eat a fried eye, or whatever weird shit they feed dogs.

I actually feed my dog human grade food. I feed Merrick Wet food http://www.merrickpetcare.com/ .
Most dog food actually kills your dog and is very unhealthy.

I did not read the article or support anything about it. I just added my 2 cents on how I feel about mcd's and fast food.

bcleez,

OO

Technical Skeptical
most dog food kills dogs?
lol-huh.210123411_std.jpg

do you want me to believe you?

OO,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
bcleez said:
So I would not eat dog grade meat. I would not eat a fried eye, or whatever weird shit they feed dogs.

I actually feed my dog human grade food. I feed Merrick Wet food http://www.merrickpetcare.com/ .

Since you feed your dog human grade food, would you eat it? I'm just curious, honestly. :)

Vicki,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
OO said:
Organic food is a waste of money. please track down the organic food episode of bullshit.

Ha, as much as I enjoy Penn & Teller's comedy I won't be doing anything a TV show tells me. Books have always been my friend.

aesthyrian,

OO

Technical Skeptical
aesthyrian said:
OO said:

Ha, as much as I enjoy Penn & Teller's comedy I won't be doing anything a TV show tells me. Books have always been my friend.

i am aware that not all info given in a tv show is true, just the same as i'm sure you're aware, that not everything put in a book is true.

but i think it was a rather well written episode, compared to some of the other ones they've made, and i was wondering if you had any evidence that would contradict the content of that episode.

if not, then i'll just ignore that comment.

OO,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Dude, being born kills dogs. Its a proven fact.
In fact, they have successfully proven this on humans too.

BTW, Taco Bell rules. I miss living back in AZ with AUTHENTIC Sonoran Mexican food, but Taco Bells weak excuse will suffice nicely :)

AGBeer,

Purple-Days

Post #13 couldn't have said it better. :tup:

Funny a half eaten burger fell in back of the U-haul Truck seat, wadded in the bag on the way to Phoenix. Oops! A couple of days (maybe 4-5) in the right conditions and it was mumified (hard as a rock, sorta, light and hard). It's all done with mirrors... IMO :cool:

There are no preservatives in some high altitude mummies. And the unusual movement in the pictures suggest taking in and out of a feeze drier to me. Simple Desication maybe. And certainly something we all want to believe... It's all MC'Donalds fault... It your mouth, isn't it?

BTW we are all way too ready to accept info as established... I saw it on You Tube... :lol:

Purple-Days,

steiner666

Serial vapist
McDonald's food is garbage, and i know this not because of any articles, books, shows, or youtube videos, but because my body informs me of it's undesirable nature shortly after i eat there (which is once in a blue moon). The only thing i can't honestly say that i wouldnt want from McD's right now is a angus mushroom swiss :lol: the flavor outweighs the digestive repercussions in that case.

steiner666,

dankers

Vicki said:
bcleez said:
So I would not eat dog grade meat. I would not eat a fried eye, or whatever weird shit they feed dogs.

Since you feed your dog human grade food, would you eat it? I'm just curious, honestly. :)

I was going to say the same thing, lol.

http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product/4950/Merrick-Gourmet-Lunch-Box--Variety-Pack-Canned-Dog-Food

Buy two of these and be set, two meals a day, for a week and a day. For 25 bucks. Cheaper than going out for pizza.

dankers,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
its funny all this talk about dog food. I have always considered fast food as Dog Food modified for human consumption. First man invents dog food.. then realizes how much money he is saving, then decides to repackage said food and sell it to people to cash in on even more savings.

DevoTheStrange,

stinkmeaner

You can just tell by the way that meat slurry is produced and handled that there is probably all kinds of unwanted crap that makes its way into it like dust, hair, fibers, from clothing, bugs, and whatever else. Some might say the same is true for any meat but at least if you can rinse off a steak from the market, that is why I choose to grind meat myself for hamburgers and any other recipe that calls for minced meat, I use a grinder attachment for my stand mixer the Hobart N-50 which is like an industrial version of a Kitchen Aid.

I strongly recommend that people grind there own meat, you don't have to buy a fancy grinder, you can get a hand crank grinder for dirt cheap and it pays for itself knowing what is in your meat.

stinkmeaner,

bcleez

Vicki said:
bcleez said:

Yeah, I would. I actually feed my dog better than I feed myself. That is because I really do not eat much meat. I am not much of a carnivore. Check out the merrick lines, some of them are pretty damn good like Turducken etc.

bcleez,

bcleez

OO said:

Yes, It is true. Most dog food shortens a dogs lifespan and the quality of the dogs life. I want you to believe the facts. Go do some research, it's true. I changed the way I feed my dogs after I became friends with the director of the NC Humane Society. There are some lists that are published explaining the good brands and bad brands of food for dogs. I never knew how bad the purinas etc were for my dog.

Don't you remember the pet food recall of a few years ago? When dogs were dying... How is that for fact #1?

bcleez,

OO

Technical Skeptical
bcleez said:
OO said:

Yes, It is true. Most dog food shortens a dogs lifespan and the quality of the dogs life. I want you to believe the facts. Go do some research, it's true. I changed the way I feed my dogs after I became friends with the director of the NC Humane Society. There are some lists that are published explaining the good brands and bad brands of food for dogs. I never knew how bad the purinas etc were for my dog.

Don't you remember the pet food recall of a few years ago? When dogs were dying... How is that for fact #1?
as opposed to what they would eat in the wild?

they better be damn happy if they get a bowl of food at the end of the day, having done nothing to earn it.

if they were in the wild, they would eat whatever they can get their mouth on.

so i don't feel bad in the least when i give them a bowl of dry food every day and call it that.

if they were in the wild there would be days where they wouldn't get to eat, but they'd still survive.

my conscience is clean.

OO,
Top Bottom