• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

I get sleepy after 2 hours once i've vaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansel

I get sleep after 2 hours once i've vaped. I am only vaping once a day right now but i could do with being awake longer than just 2 hours once vaping. I am using the Iolite Original with whatever skunk i can get my hands on. I thought you mainly got thc from vaping... and cbd makes you sleepy? Maybe i'm wrong but i didn't think thc would make me sleepy. Any ideas? Haven't tried any non skunk stuff in the vaporizer yet.

Ansel,

vape4life

Banned for life
After a tolerance break it would be the same for me regardless of strain genetics. Once I built up a bit of tolerance, that would change and i'd only crash at night after lotsa vaping!

vape4life,

Pcpvapors

That's just how your body reacts, I have friends that are the same way. On the "come down" all they want to do is sleep.

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: vape4life

djonkoman

I always got that with combustion, so I only snoked 1-2 times a week, so I could watch the ending of the movie I fell asleep halfway trough the next day(sober)
but for me vaporizing help0ed solce that, since with vaporizing I can vape again to prolong it, while with combustion you'll get stuck in that afterstone regardless if you smoke again or not.

you could try looking for a strain that is more sativadominant, if you have that choice in your area. or else try to not vape everything at once and then npthing, but stretch out your sessions a bit more, and vape again when you start getting sleepy(or a bit before that)

lookmomnohands

I'll also recommend you vaping at lower temps if that's possible. For now on if I vape during the day (which I hopefully won't do as I want to get my tolerance lower), I'll keep my LSV turned to 1 o'clock max for daytime vaping. I noticed that if I keep the knob set at 12 or 1, I don't get nearly as heavy of a sleepy fog as I do when I go up to 3 or as I did when I was taking huge snaps out of my old Toro.

I also agree with stretching out sessions more. Instead of taking 3 pulls in a row, take 1, then do something else to occupy your mind, come back again maybe 15-45 mins later (or however later you want) and take the next one, do something else to occupy your mind etc. Effects are different this way, a bit more subtle depending on tolerance but i find that helps a lot too. Helps me to be somewhat productive at least.

Nosferatu

You get sleepy about 2 hours after using pot? That's called the comedown. With vaping you can lessen it by doing like people said and vape slowly over a longer period. It's not like smoking where you get the whole high in 1 big hit. You need to slowly sip the vapor, take a few minutes between hits.

Nosferatu,

hoptimum

I get sleep after 2 hours once i've vaped. I am only vaping once a day right now but i could do with being awake longer than just 2 hours once vaping. I am using the Iolite Original with whatever skunk i can get my hands on. I thought you mainly got thc from vaping... and cbd makes you sleepy? Maybe i'm wrong but i didn't think thc would make me sleepy. Any ideas? Haven't tried any non skunk stuff in the vaporizer yet.

Typically, indica will get you sleepy. Sativa is more euphoric and more energetic. You might not have a choice where you are, though. Your iolite should be locked in around 375f, so it might not be extracting the cbd's, which tend to vaporize at higher temps.

hoptimum,

luchiano

Typically, indica will get you sleepy. Sativa is more euphoric and more energetic. You might not have a choice where you are, though. Your iolite should be locked in around 375f, so it might not be extracting the cbd's, which tend to vaporize at higher temps.

Don't take this as disrespect, but why do people think CBD is what they need if they want to relax or go to sleep?. CBD doesn't give a high or make you lethargic. It works with your immune system, and with THC to make it last longer in the body. It is CBN that makes you lethargic, but most people don't get a lot of cbn due to it being a degradation of THC. Also, CBD, and CBN boil at around 365f-375f.

I think the reason why people get certain effects is from the essential oils that boil at much lower temperatures, and they take in too much THC at one time, when they boil at higher temperatures which will cause sleepiness, as it may be too much for your system at once. It is the equivalent of eating too much food at once, and getting sleepy. I think it's your body's way of dealing with all the substances coming into it, so it needs you to go to sleep so all it's energy can go to processing it.

I think the op just needs to use less herb when he vapes, and that should solve his problem.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
People look for indicas for that. From what I understand, CBD doesn't even have a binding affinity for the CB receptors but rather acts as the "dictator" of how THC and other cannabinoids affect you. It's not CBD that makes you sleep per se, it's the CBD telling the THC how to act on the receptors. In cases of sativa, where there are usually higher THC to CBD ratios (say 20% THC .1% CBD), you get one set of effects. From indicas, which get the higher CBD to THC ratios (ex 16% THC .3% CBD) there are different effects.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: audiodelic

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I think it also has something to do with the fact that the iolite is an entirely conduction vaporizer, and conduction vaporizers always give me a much harder comedown and make me more lethargic while convection ones keep me a little more productive

CentiZen,
Reactions: vape4life

luchiano

Quetzalcoatl, it's starting to be shown it's the essential oils that are giving these effects, not the THC or CBD. This is why some sativas do help you relax, and some indicas get you going. As far as CBD interacting with THC, CBD slows down it's metabolism, allowing THC to stay in your system longer. It also prevents some THC from binding to the receptors which is why you get the creeper high with cbd rich strains. But most CBD effects the CB2 receptors which are in the immune system. They down-regulate pain causing cytokins, and allow for more pleasure to be felt. People who feel a lot of pain tend to have a lot of pain causing cytokins. This is why it's important to eat high CBD strains or even if they have around 2-3%, because vaping or smoking doesn't allow the CBD to get into immune system effectively. Eating allows it to be more effective because most of your immune system is in your gut. Eating monounsaturated fats, help the absorption happen even more.

http://canchewbiotech.com/pain-management-and-cbd
"In a recent Scientific American article, chronic pain and CBD's are discussed citing when an injury takes place, increased Glial cell production forms around the neuro junctions. These Glial cells produce Cytokines which are chemical transmitters spreading inflammation and signaling pain. When a molecule of CBD binds to the Glial cell, the cytokine production decreases and the patient feels a marked decrease in pain. This would also explain why some patients have pain relief that lasts way beyond the theoretical effect of the CBD."

Here's information about pain causing cytokines:
http://www.mdbiosciences.com/blog/b...ines-as-potential-targets-in-neuropathic-pain

EDIT: I just found something that is groundbreaking, and that is the sympathetic nervous system increases the pain causing cytokines. This is very important for vaporist/smokers who like thick vapor, because when you inhale a thick vapor without a lot of fresh air after the inhale you are constantly activating your sympathetic nervous system due to the body thinking oxygen is low. For medical patients, this isn't good in the long term because it means you may never cure the pain, and may be making it worse the older you get. For recreational users, it means you will start feeling more pain as you get older. This can be avoided my inhaling as much fresh air as you can once you take in that thick vapor, because this allows your parasympathetic nervous system to become activated, and prevent too much activation of the sympathetic branch which means not activating too much pain causing cytokins.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20018617
Cutting edge: Sympathetic nervous system increases proinflammatory cytokines and exacerbates influenza A virus pathogenesis.

Although the sympathetic nervous system innervates the lung, little is known about its participation in host immunity to pulmonary pathogens. In this study, we show that peripheral sympathectomy reduces mouse morbidity and mortality from influenza A virus-induced pneumonia due to reduced inflammatory influx of monocytes, neutrophils, and NK cells. Mortality was also delayed by treating mice with an alpha-adrenergic antagonist. Sympathectomy diminished the immediate innate cytokine responses, particularly IL-1, which was profoundly reduced. These findings demonstrate an unexpected role for the sympathetic nervous system in innate antiviral immunity and in exacerbating the pathology of a virus of great significance to human and animal health.

luchiano,

luchiano

I think it also has something to do with the fact that the iolite is an entirely conduction vaporizer, and conduction vaporizers always give me a much harder comedown and make me more lethargic while convection ones keep me a little more productive

I think the reason to that is because when you use a conduction vaporizer, the temperature will eventually rise inside the herb to release a good amount of the thc, and a little more carbon monoxide if you use the vaporizer long enough, and this is what people are feeling. When you use a convection vaporizer people tend to use low temperatures they don't release as much thc, and because convection is so quick at extraction, very little plant fibers are effected, so that means very little carbon monoxide being created, so the come down won't be as bad considering you don't use that much herb.

A way to help combat this is to drink some orange juice, apple juice, or grape juice during your session. It should help give your body energy to metabolize all the substances you are inhaling. Try not to drink too much because too much sugar causes the cytokines we don't want too much of to be activated. A cup is good enough to drink, 15-30 minutes before your session or drink it during the session.

luchiano,

Ansel

just to let you know i am on an SSRI and an anti-psychotic medication. Had psychosis ages ago then later developed OCD with panic attacks. lol

Ansel,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I have been wondering if conduction vapes will cause more degradation of cannabinoids from the high heat being applied directly to the trichome rather then boiling it off with hot air. Conduction seems like it would vaporize with more brute force if you will

Puffers,
Reactions: darkrom

Ansel

was having a panic attack so drank a strong yerba mate tea and took a couple of paracetemols, it continued... then i vaped... now i am awake and vaped later but i am buzzing in a pretty good way but can feel the remanants of the panic attack.

Ansel,

Nosferatu

Was thinking pot that isn't stored right usually has heavy sedative effects because some its THC has degraded over time to these more sedentary compounds. I would try and get sativa strains from a good grower and problem solved.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Really interesting CentiZen ... I was just pondering this exact fact ... and it's (I think/I've discovered/we'll see/still early :)) one of the things I really like about the MiniVAP so far ... I was about to post about that and think I might head over to the MiniVAP thread and post something there about it ... but I've really liked it as my primary vape for the last few days and was sitting here pondering the fact that the almost pure convection aspect of it coupled with the really quick extraction capabilities and ability to maintain temperature with any draw speed really give me the medication effect and taste I'm looking for ... still love my Cloud but like SliM has commented ... the MiniVAP doesn't seem to get as much of the CBD's ... same as the Volcano ... and I concur with this analysis.

So .... pure convection vapes and especially ones with slightly higher air to vapor ratios will typically extract less CBD (unless you push them) ... I think if the temperature on the element of pure convection vaporizers is high enough it can "cook" the herb darker and release more CBD's ... but the bulk of the THC is gone much sooner and more around the point where the taste of the vapor starts to turn south on the convection vapes ....

(I want to qualify this whole post though that these are purely hypothetical observations and I have no basis apart from that to form my opinions ... apart from maybe some similar opinions from other members based on their posts ...)

JCat,

vape4life

Banned for life
When people started getting the Cloud this said the high was good but "different". So are we talking "conduction" highs vs "convection" highs? I've been thinking about this for a long time too. And if convection is "healthier" than conduction?

Reveen

I get the same way. Its worse if I combust, but I still get a little sleepy (even with strong sativas).

Reveen,
Reactions: Ansel
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom