I find I build a tolerance faster to sativa than indica.

Blunt

Bluntmaster
I can't say I've tested it, but it would make sense to me. It could be due to the fact that Indica causes a head high, which can be tolerated by the smoker themselves and they can learn to cope with the effects much easier because it's in their head. However, it's much harder to learn to cope with a body high because you cannot control your body as easy as you can your mind. Just my thoughts.

Blunt,

Cr8z13

Blunt said:
I can't say I've tested it, but it would make sense to me. It could be due to the fact that Indica causes a head high, which can be tolerated by the smoker themselves and they can learn to cope with the effects much easier because it's in their head. However, it's much harder to learn to cope with a body high because you cannot control your body as easy as you can your mind. Just my thoughts.
You have it reversed, sativas are more of a head high.

Cr8z13,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Cr8z13 said:
Blunt said:
You have it reversed, sativas are more of a head high.
Wow, didn't realize I was that high. Sorry, that's what I meant. Thanks for correcting my careless mistake.

Blunt,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Pseudonymous said:
The best thing about a pot forum is that you can blame all your errors on getting high :lol:
Haha, I don't know what I was thinking, oops.

Blunt,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
No worries!

Another possibility is that I love sativa and perhaps naturally tend to consume more of it when I have it at a fast rate hence higher tolerance.

However, to really know for sure, we'd have to know about tolerances for THC against everything else. If THC tolerance builds faster, then it would make perfect sense why I notice that I build tolerance faster to sativa.

Pseudonymous,

smoking Joe

Most people tend to build up a tolerance to all strains. Some suggest to smoke for 20 days and stop for four days. This would reset your tolerance. Also switching strains helps.

smoking Joe,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
smoking Joe said:
Most people tend to build up a tolerance to all strains. Some suggest to smoke for 20 days and stop for four days. This would reset your tolerance. Also switching strains helps.
I think switching strains makes sense. I'd being vaping indica for 2 weeks straight, and then switched to sativa and WHAM....hit me like a ton of bricks. My girlfriend had been on indica for 2 months, then switched to sativa and the first night she was smoking she ended up staying awake all night. Also, if you have a vape where you can control the temperature (I don't), you might aim for CBD as opposed to THC, or vice versa (I do realise that selective vaping is not an exact science).

Tom

tdavie,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
tdavie said:
smoking Joe said:
I think switching strains makes sense. I'd being vaping indica for 2 weeks straight, and then switched to sativa and WHAM....hit me like a ton of bricks. My girlfriend had been on indica for 2 months, then switched to sativa and the first night she was smoking she ended up staying awake all night. Also, if you have a vape where you can control the temperature (I don't), you might aim for CBD as opposed to THC, or vice versa (I do realise that selective vaping is not an exact science).

Tom
Not even switching between Sativa and Indica, just strains in general I feel can make a difference.

Blunt,
Top Bottom