I finally found an electric grinder that is perfect for me

I smoke about 15 to 20 joints a day so grinding is a big part of my day. I have arthritis from head to toe so working my wrists and hands like that is a nightmare. Standard grinders take forever to grind enough. Most electric grinders I bought went directly into the trash (except the Chewy 2 which is a great grinder for smaller quantities).

Albeit, I am cutting back on joints (love my VapCap) but grinding a lot of pot is always going to be a part of my day as long as I continue to consume 5 or 6 pounds a year.

So, I did a little experimenting and I found that a standard Salad Shooter with the grating cone works awesome for grinding any where from about an eighth to over an ounce at one time.

I am thrilled.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I smoke about 15 to 20 joints a day so grinding is a big part of my day. I have arthritis from head to toe so working my wrists and hands like that is a nightmare. Standard grinders take forever to grind enough. Most electric grinders I bought went directly into the trash (except the Chewy 2 which is a great grinder for smaller quantities).

Albeit, I am cutting back on joints (love my VapCap) but grinding a lot of pot is always going to be a part of my day as long as I continue to consume 5 or 6 pounds a year.

So, I did a little experimenting and I found that a standard Salad Shooter with the grating cone works awesome for grinding any where from about an eighth to over an ounce at one time.

I am thrilled.

Hmmm...not bad. I rarely need to grind that much if I did. I could see myself getting one for a party or road-trip.

Shit, now I have the old Presto Salad-Shooter commercial jingle stuck in my head :bang:

chenchilla81

Sickkkk. Glad you found a solution, props for the creative thinking. Electric grinders are improving now, my friend just got one off amazon. I don't think it was the chewy or the mama, but it had a rechargeable battery and grinds bud like crazy. Herbalgrind or something I think. Maybe worth a shot.

chenchilla81,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Sickkkk. Glad you found a solution, props for the creative thinking. Electric grinders are improving now, my friend just got one off amazon. I don't think it was the chewy or the mama, but it had a rechargeable battery and grinds bud like crazy. Herbalgrind or something I think. Maybe worth a shot.

If you do remember the name or have a link, I would love to see it.

There is one more electric grinder out there but I was not impressed because it spins way to fast for me. It was called the Atman Hummer. Looked like a hybrid between a coffee grinder and a stander "tooth style" grinder than most people use.

Hackerman,
Reactions: LesPlenty

shredder

I am thrilled.

Good idea! Idk there was an electric herb grinder. I've been using an electric coffee grinder for years on bigger jobs. Im familiar with your friend Arthur I know him too well. He just stole my hip, lol. I no longer smoke joints, but I remember those days well. I used to grind at least a half oz at a time, then roll roll roll.

If you drop the joints and stick to vaping your grinding should slow down. I use a tiny grinder for single buds most of the time now, and my consumption is drastically reduced. It helps that I use a lot of rosin, but with today's vapes it's easy peasy to medicate with less and less. Your vapcap is perfect for that.

Awesome, thanks.

From the description.....

INSTANTLY GRIND, CHOP, AND CRUSH anything in seconds. Lightning fast stainless steel blades spinning at 3000 RPM will grind your herb at top speed.

Shucks, another coffee grinder. LOL

I would love to find something like the salad shooter only a tiny bit smaller. Like you said, I'll be vaping more and grinding less so...... the hunt continues.

Thanks so much for the input.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
When I was smoking 25-30 spliffs a day (2 Oz of pot to about 3.5 Oz of tobacco a week) I could grind up around 8-10 grams in my 4 piece Space Case 3.5" Titanium that would last a full a day.
That amount now lasts me 4-5 days instead of one (and no more tobacco).
I would recommend a decent manual grinder over electric in most cases. That being said, I just gave a friend a Sunbeam coffee grinder as he has poor dexterity.

steama

I also picked up a herbagrind. At first I avoided this grinder because of it's similarity to a coffee grinder design, what the hell I'll pick one up anyway. After I read the instructions finding out how to use it I think it is a fantastic little grinder. All you do is load it with small pieces of flower, rock it back in forth, and shake it a little when grinding. It has windows so you can see the consistency of the grind. As a point of reference I like this grinder quite a bit better than the chewy 2.

Turn it on with 3 clicks, activate to grind with one click, 3 clicks to turn off.

:myday:

Top Bottom