I Ended the crazy wait for the Grasshooper, now what?

adamster

Well I told them return my money and they did. I was waiting since Oct. 2015. I made this move after hearing about the Grizzly on the dopefiend podcast. However, I see its' a bit bulky, and also since I don't live in a legal state or country, I don't have access to oils. My main needs in a vaporizer are:
1. A pen style or small. I do most of my vaping on my bicycle, in secluded bike paths in the park near me.
2. This is actually more important, I need smooth intake. I am using the Xmax pen ( the one with 5 lights). I am happy with the production but the harshness gets to me. I do have a bubbler but using that in public is impossible.

Price is an issue but if there is a smooth intake that is the key. The Grizzly Guru I believe has very smooth intake. If there is no other, I will get that one and vape some other way outdoors. ( I can take small dirt paths off the main paths and use any device there).

I had the Firefly1 which I liked and it was pretty smooth. But I had some issues with it, it didn't always produce a good exp.

adamster,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Can you carry a mini cigar torch? I HIGHLY suggest you check out the Dynavap Vapcap (specifically one of the titanium editions are my favorite).

The Vapcap to me is the butane equivalent of the Grasshopper - the biggest difference is draw resistance (which you can adjust with finger placement over the carb hole).

However, there is a 2-3 week wait on orders (because George is SWAMPED with orders right now).

That said, I'm sad to hear you leave the GH preorder wait. I've used several hoppers over the past year and I really enjoy them (I now have my March 2015 preorder and I'm happy to have it in my daily lineup). It's certainly in my top 5 personal favorite vape list (and I've used several dozen vaporizers so far).

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
What about the Crafty? says there a cooling unit.
Indeed the Crafty and the Mighty have a cooling unit - this is basically a 2-piece plastic part which contains some fins inside it to redirect vapor flow around a maze before hitting your lips. In theory this cools down the hit, but to me it ruins the flavor of the herb.

Personally, I felt the Crafty while nice, is a bit overpriced compared to some other vapes on the market.

However note that the Crafty has a MUCH slower heatup time (45 seconds) compared to the hopper's 5-second heatup times. It makes a huge difference in how you use the vape. Also note you can't replace batteries on the crafty like you can the hopper. (but the crafty has longer battery life, so it's a trade off).

adamster

So now I am thinking of the Focus. Actually I will try the lower temps on my XMAX as well.
I am perfectly happy with the XMAX except for the harshness factor.

Top Bottom