• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

I disagree with the "Be Nice" rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
I like the be nice rule. Plenty of other forums have people talking shit all the time. This is the only forum I participate in because it is more mature and knowledgeable than any other forum. I think a lot of that has to do with the be nice rule. I personally pretty much like all the rules here.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I think the Be Nice rule should only be applied to lwien! All that nasty talk of news, healthy stuff, and jogging! There ought to be a law!

LoL!

Oh, yeah, and I'd like to volunteer to be keeper of the Law! So long as the job comes complete with the Staff of STFU! Ultimate power would be mine!

AND....AND....AND....AND....AND.....Uh Oh....

hF34DB00D

Well I have to say the first post in this thread reads as somewhat out of context to me. Let me say it was more of a flippant comment than an idea for a thread and that is why it was posted in the "Fuck You" thread (also thus explaining the "Fuck You" attitude).

Look I think it is good to be nice. Don't get me wrong. I just find it extremely condesending to be told to be nice by a mod (since we are discussing it, yes Stu, I mean you). In written communication it is so easy for someone to read a tone that is not really there.

I like this forum but I am not part of your society. If we really were forming an alternate society I would either not join it or kill those who annoyed me and take it over. I accept that I am not the owner of this forum and as such need to conform to its rules.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Look I think it is good to be nice. Don't get me wrong. I just find it extremely condesending to be told to be nice by a mod (since we are discussing it, yes Stu, I mean you). In written communication it is so easy for someone to read a tone that is not really there.

1) @Stu (or any other moderator) shouldn't have to tell you to be nice.
2) It is Stu's (or any other moderator's) job to tell you to be nice when you haven't been.

You felt Stu was condescending. I guess you feel that you can recognize condescension when you see it, right? This is the post that got you in trouble:

Whatever. So lazy dude. You will find most FC members will also suggest reading threads. They are a resource. Besides this thread is very short. Do yourself a favour and spend a little time reading the info others have already left for you.

This is the post that Stu made to you:

@Mr. Gweilo 420 While I understand that you are pointing out one of our rules to @FlyingLow, specifically :
  • Lurk before posting. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.
  • Read threads before posting in them. Thread rules may be outlined in the first post.

We also have another rule that states:
Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Be nice to newbies.
(emphasis mine)

I would be very thankful if you would please adhere to the entirety of forum's rules, and not pick and choose. It shouldn't be that hard to "be nice". We should all give it a try.

:peace:

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide which of these posts is condescending.

Finally, I want to emphasize that you didn't get a warning point for not being nice, you got one for taking offense that Stu would actually ask you (nicely) to obey the same rules you were scolding someone else about.

Last edited:
pakalolo,

lwien

Ok, Gwello, this is not aimed at you. The following is just an observation that I have seen happen a lot and that is, that so often, the negative things that many people accuse others of doing are the exact same things that they themselves do and I think the reason for this is that it is MUCH easier to see negative traits in others than to look into a mirror and see it in themselves. It happens a LOT.

It's the whole "Pot calling the kettle black" syndrome at play.

@pakalolo There is no point debating you as you are the power holder and therefore must win.

Question. If you are a guest in someone else's house, do you feel that the owner of the house is the power holder and therefore he/she must win, or do you just recognize that as a guest in someone else's house, their rules should be obeyed simply because it is their house, and if you don't want to follow those rules, there's always the front door in which to leave.

See, I don't see it as win/lose at all. I just don't see it that context.

I was banned here once because I broke a rule..........more than once, but I never thought about it in the context of a win/lose situation. I broke a rule and I deserved to get my hands slapped. Doesn't matter one iota if I agreed with the rule or not.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Bah. LOL.

I just deleted my post and am not going to retype everything.
In short- get over it. You are a grown man, what do you care if you get internet points taken away from you?

I did not report you, nor did I realize all the drama that ensued afterwards. Sorry it rocked your boat, that was never intended. We are all here for fun and education, so go vape and find some happiness... then vape some more!

Last edited:
FlyingLow,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

lwien

If this offends the precious sensibilitities of some then I guess I am simply not nice. I had better find a therapist.

Do you not see the statement above as condescending and a classic case of being passively aggressive?

And, btw, I am a master at being passively aggressive. It's one of the few things that I do really well. ;)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I suggested the OP was being lazy. He was. Stating a fact is neither nice nor not nice.

Well sir, that is where you simply have no tact. That is called being a dick, and someone called you out on it. Get on with your life and go make some clouds:D:D

FlyingLow,

dorkus_molorkus

I wish to cry foul at this point.

I feel @Mr. Gweilo 420 has been hung out to dry here. He had an issue in another thread, and felt he could vent in the 'fuck you' thread.

isnt that what the 'fuck you' thread is for?

So while i dont agree with the sentiment. starting a thread where he is perceived to be the instigator of the thread is a whole lot different to him venting in a thread for venting.

if the issue is to be fleshed out in a thread of its own, then how come staff didnt adhere to a full disclosure of the facts?

sure he wrote it, but he sure as shit didnt start a thread about it.

as a result this poor member has been attacked as if he has expected everyone to pile on and say 'yeah right on! fuck being nice'

Im sorry but I feel this member has been set up here to be attacked, if not admonished for the sentiments he expresses.

why couldnt have the responses to those sentiments been left in that same thread?

how is it that it was neccessary to have the rest of us believe he started the thread, when he didnt?

Not fucking cool, and thats a violation of the 'be nice' rules right fucking there.

lwien

Well sir, that is where you simply have no tact. That is called being a dick, and someone called you out on it. Get on with your life and go make some clouds:D:D

And I have no doubt that you're going to get called out on this as well.

Again, "The Pot calling the kettle black", makes another appearance.

I wish to cry foul at this point.

I feel @Mr. Gweilo 420 has been hung out to dry here. He had an issue in another thread, and felt he could vent in the 'fuck you' thread.

isnt that what the 'fuck you' thread is for?

So while i dont agree with the sentiment. starting a thread where he is perceived to be the instigator of the thread is a whole lot different to him venting in a thread for venting.

if the issue is to be fleshed out in a thread of its own, then how come staff didnt adhere to a full disclosure of the facts?

sure he wrote it, but he sure as shit didnt start a thread about it.

as a result this poor member has been attacked as if he has expected everyone to pile on and say 'yeah right on! fuck being nice'

Im sorry but I feel this member has been set up here to be attacked, if not admonished for the sentiments he expresses.

why couldnt have the responses to those sentiments been left in that same thread?

how is it that it was neccessary to have the rest of us believe he started the thread, when he didnt?

Not fucking cool, and thats a violation of the 'be nice' rules right fucking there.

Ya got a point. A valid perspective I didn't see before. Love when that happens. Makes my eyes open up a bit wider. :)

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Calling another member a dick is against forum rules. Consider this a warning @FlyingLow and any further offensive comments will bring warning points.

We can discuss the merits of the "Be Nice" rule without resorting to name calling. Per forum rules:

• All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
  • No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Be nice to newbies.

:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom