1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

I disagree with the "Be Nice" rule

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Gweilo 420, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

I would just like to say a massive fuck you to the "Be nice" rule. I don't like that shit one bit.
    JJ420 likes this.
  2. dorkus_molorkus

dorkus_molorkus My member is well known

this member did not start this thread, therefore anything I have to say about it is mute.

I sincerly apologise to @mr gweilo 420

I protest.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  3. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

The world would be a better place if people didn't have a "fuck you" attitude.
  4. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Fuck you Vicki !! :cool:.....;)

And regarding the rule, I like the Be Nice rule, as long as it pertains to everyone except ME !!!! :tup:
    Lo, Vicki, momofthegoons and 4 others like this.
  5. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

syrupy, Vicki and mestizo like this.
  6. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

syrupy, Vicki, momofthegoons and 4 others like this.
  7. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

What the fuck? I did not start this thread.
    darkrom, SSVUN~YAH and paytonpenn like this.
  8. NinjaMindTriks

NinjaMindTriks Ninja Vapor Enthusiast

I like the be nice rule. Plenty of other forums have people talking shit all the time. This is the only forum I participate in because it is more mature and knowledgeable than any other forum. I think a lot of that has to do with the be nice rule. I personally pretty much like all the rules here.
    pigfoot, macbill, vakedcow and 4 others like this.
  9. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict Staff Member

This post was moved from the Fuck you! thread as the moderators felt that it would be better to open this thread in Community Discussion to see how other members feel about our "Be Nice" rules. :)
    t-dub, Lo, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  10. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

I think the Be Nice rule should only be applied to lwien! All that nasty talk of news, healthy stuff, and jogging! There ought to be a law!

LoL!

Oh, yeah, and I'd like to volunteer to be keeper of the Law! So long as the job comes complete with the Staff of STFU! Ultimate power would be mine!

AND....AND....AND....AND....AND.....Uh Oh....

[​IMG]
    joekar, SSVUN~YAH and lwien like this.
  11. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

:goon:
    Adobewan, DDave, Buildozer and 3 others like this.
  12. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Well I have to say the first post in this thread reads as somewhat out of context to me. Let me say it was more of a flippant comment than an idea for a thread and that is why it was posted in the "Fuck You" thread (also thus explaining the "Fuck You" attitude).

Look I think it is good to be nice. Don't get me wrong. I just find it extremely condesending to be told to be nice by a mod (since we are discussing it, yes Stu, I mean you). In written communication it is so easy for someone to read a tone that is not really there.

I like this forum but I am not part of your society. If we really were forming an alternate society I would either not join it or kill those who annoyed me and take it over. I accept that I am not the owner of this forum and as such need to conform to its rules.
  13. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

lol.........that reminds me of this quote:

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."
    ----Groucho Marx
    Bouldorado, t-dub, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  14. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

:)
    placetime and RUDE BOY like this.
  15. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

1) @Stu (or any other moderator) shouldn't have to tell you to be nice.
    2) It is Stu's (or any other moderator's) job to tell you to be nice when you haven't been.

You felt Stu was condescending. I guess you feel that you can recognize condescension when you see it, right? This is the post that got you in trouble:

This is the post that Stu made to you:

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide which of these posts is condescending.

Finally, I want to emphasize that you didn't get a warning point for not being nice, you got one for taking offense that Stu would actually ask you (nicely) to obey the same rules you were scolding someone else about.
  16. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

17. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Ok, Gwello, this is not aimed at you. The following is just an observation that I have seen happen a lot and that is, that so often, the negative things that many people accuse others of doing are the exact same things that they themselves do and I think the reason for this is that it is MUCH easier to see negative traits in others than to look into a mirror and see it in themselves. It happens a LOT.

It's the whole "Pot calling the kettle black" syndrome at play.

Question. If you are a guest in someone else's house, do you feel that the owner of the house is the power holder and therefore he/she must win, or do you just recognize that as a guest in someone else's house, their rules should be obeyed simply because it is their house, and if you don't want to follow those rules, there's always the front door in which to leave.

See, I don't see it as win/lose at all. I just don't see it that context.

I was banned here once because I broke a rule..........more than once, but I never thought about it in the context of a win/lose situation. I broke a rule and I deserved to get my hands slapped. Doesn't matter one iota if I agreed with the rule or not.
  18. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

19. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Bah. LOL.

I just deleted my post and am not going to retype everything.
    In short- get over it. You are a grown man, what do you care if you get internet points taken away from you?

I did not report you, nor did I realize all the drama that ensued afterwards. Sorry it rocked your boat, that was never intended. We are all here for fun and education, so go vape and find some happiness... then vape some more!
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  20. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Do you not see the statement above as condescending and a classic case of being passively aggressive?

And, btw, I am a master at being passively aggressive. It's one of the few things that I do really well. ;)
    Mr. Gweilo 420 likes this.
  21. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

22. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Well sir, that is where you simply have no tact. That is called being a dick, and someone called you out on it. Get on with your life and go make some clouds:D:D
  23. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

24. dorkus_molorkus

dorkus_molorkus My member is well known

I wish to cry foul at this point.

I feel @Mr. Gweilo 420 has been hung out to dry here. He had an issue in another thread, and felt he could vent in the 'fuck you' thread.

isnt that what the 'fuck you' thread is for?

So while i dont agree with the sentiment. starting a thread where he is perceived to be the instigator of the thread is a whole lot different to him venting in a thread for venting.

if the issue is to be fleshed out in a thread of its own, then how come staff didnt adhere to a full disclosure of the facts?

sure he wrote it, but he sure as shit didnt start a thread about it.

as a result this poor member has been attacked as if he has expected everyone to pile on and say 'yeah right on! fuck being nice'

Im sorry but I feel this member has been set up here to be attacked, if not admonished for the sentiments he expresses.

why couldnt have the responses to those sentiments been left in that same thread?

how is it that it was neccessary to have the rest of us believe he started the thread, when he didnt?

Not fucking cool, and thats a violation of the 'be nice' rules right fucking there.
  25. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

And I have no doubt that you're going to get called out on this as well.

Again, "The Pot calling the kettle black", makes another appearance.

Ya got a point. A valid perspective I didn't see before. Love when that happens. Makes my eyes open up a bit wider. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors