• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

I created a new butane vaporizer

Cannabijoy

I started vaping herb a few months ago, and it’s definitely one of the best decisions I ever made. I live in an illegal state, so in my search for the perfect vaporizer, I couldn’t find one that matched all of my needs; so I created my own. I don’t want to give away too many details, but it’s about the size of a joint, it’s utilizes full convection heat, and it’s an on-demand vape that cools instantly after the first hit.

I love my vaporizer, and I really think others would enjoy it too. I’m wondering if anyone here knows a good manufacturer of stainless steel who would be willing to discuss making a high-quality version of my vaporizer. I have a few drawings and a working prototype that I use daily. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Cannabijoy,
Reactions: Summer

DocAnchovy

I started vaping herb a few months ago, and it’s definitely one of the best decisions I ever made. I live in an illegal state, so in my search for the perfect vaporizer, I couldn’t find one that matched all of my needs; so I created my own. I don’t want to give away too many details, but it’s about the size of a joint, it’s utilizes full convection heat, and it’s an on-demand vape that cools instantly after the first hit.

I love my vaporizer, and I really think others would enjoy it too. I’m wondering if anyone here knows a good manufacturer of stainless steel who would be willing to discuss making a high-quality version of my vaporizer. I have a few drawings and a working prototype that I use daily. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Sounds interesting. You just started vaping and created your own vape? If you don’t mind me asking, why are you keeping it so close to the chest? There is an active diy community, which has likely attempted a variation of your concept, or would be a good place to introduce and refine it. I’d love to help you if you’re interested.

DocAnchovy

Cannabijoy posted their idea on Reddit some time ago, you can see more information here.
Appreciate you linking this. Confirmed the gut feeling..

Well after reading that, maybe a good idea to get admin to delete thread. Don't mean disrespect but does sound iffy af.

Agreed, and in generally I don’t believe there should be posts in the DIY sub if one is not going to openly share the steps and parts required. The DIY community remaining opensource is what helps push innovation.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Keep in mind dynavap has a patent on something similar to what you describe. https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170013877A1/en

Would be wise to look at it to design around the patent if possible. Last thing you want is to pour money into it and not be able to sell it.

Edit: oh man, was reading about it on reddit...... no comment lol

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Cannabijoy

The way I see it...
A pen with a metal tip and a screen placed in there to hold the herb.
Flame goes at the front of the metal front, distance and raw speed critical.
Am I close??

Have you looked or heard of these vapes ...

There are more out there if you care to look!

After a year you are still not ready to share any info and it seems your Reddit has been closed and there were a LOT of great questions asked there that you also did not want to answer...
If your vape is so good, have you made any more to give to your friends to test out? How about some input from them?

As mentioned already, we have an extensive DIY thread here and you should really spend some time going through it to see if anything similar has been tried.

Apart from that, I have ZERO interest in a vape made from pen parts that are most likely toxic and not approved for the temps you are using...

Good luck with your Alchemy of turning lead into your gold mine!
:hmm:

Top Bottom