I could use a little help with buying a Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dequelo

Plant Abuser
Good Day one and all First before I forget to take the time to say this :)

A big thanks to the staff for a very well run site , a tip of the hat to all

also a thank you to all the members here that take the time to post about what they like and dislike about
the vaporizers they use

I have done a bunch of searching and reading but have not really found an answer to what I would like to know

I have burned the weed since 1975 and have always enjoyed smoking a big fatty , I also smoked camels
since 1976 until 1997

I have been tobacco free since then , I have been talking with long time smoking and have been told
that for them it was not the same

I stopped rolling joints about 8 months ago and smoke flowers/oil out of glass or off of a Ti pad/nail

So here goes the question

I live in an unfriendly state for MJ use, I do not smoke with anyone other then my wife so I do not know anyone in my real life that vaporizes

so I do not know anyone to try it with, I would like to buy a vaporizer to see what it is like but I do not
want to throw a lot of money at the first one to find out if it is for me or not

I was thiking the VaporGenie as it has good reviews and appears to be well made, not too spendy

but the question is there something else out there that would work better for me to try vaporizing cheaply to see

thank you all for any input

Dequelo

dequelo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Welcome to FC Dequelo.

The VG is a great device to be sure. There is a slight learning curve, but nothing too terribly difficult. Since you already use glass, may I recommend the VG Coil? I only use mine paired with glass and it works very well.
2dme6mq.jpg

I would also recommend that you look into the Vapolution 2.0. It is very affordable for a plug in unit and it also has the added benefit of an all glass air/vapor path so the taste is top notch. You can get one of them for ~$100. I use my Vapolution paired with glass, but you would need an adapter and some silicone tubing to use glass with it.

There are plenty of other options available so I would encourage you to browse around the forum and see what tickles your fancy.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: dequelo

dequelo

Plant Abuser
Stu thank you for the welcome and advice :) I did look at the VG coil but I read their PDF and did not see if it fit a 14mm or 18 mm
joint

so I ended looking more at the the VG glass bat ( I am a sucker for glass)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vaporite-Gl...516?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bbf8b994

I had thought of trying one of these as I have some ebay bucks and it would not be out of pocket dough, I will also take
a look at the Vapolution

thanks for the advice and input it helps a lot for sure

all the best and be well

Dequelo

dequelo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Stu thank you for the welcome and advice :) I did look at the VG coil but I read their PDF and did not see if it fit a 14mm or 18 mm
joint
The VG coil fits both 14mm and 18mm joints (the tapering of the Coil's design allows for this) as long as there is enough room in the stem. The Coil is not marketed as a vaporbonging instrument, but happenstance makes it one imo.

Best of luck in your search. You have already found FC which is the best resource of vapor knowledge on the planet, so you're off to a good start!
:peace:

edit: here is a quick video I did with my VG coil and a bubbler.

Stu,

dequelo

Plant Abuser
Very nice Stu thank you for the video that gives me an idea of what it does and how it does it , also I like your LW bubbler

thanks for the input and help

Dequelo

dequelo,

max

Out to lunch
The Genie models take some getting used to, due to the flame time and draw speed dance, but once you get the hang of it, you can get some great vapor hits. The Vapolution, even at twice the price or more (you may be able to still get the 'FC specical'- the vape and AIW bowl, both for $100), is one of the best vape bargains on the market (although it too has a bit of a learning curve) with its all glass vapor path. I'd try the Genie first, and dedicate yourself to vapor only (no smoke) for about a week (if it takes that long to convince you). Going 'vapor only' for a while is the best way to really evaluate the fuck combustion lifestyle. If you decide that vapor suits you then you can consider the Vapo and other, even easier to use models- some are as easy as picking up a glass and taking a sip of your favorite drink from a straw.

Like you, I was a long time smoker of both the good stuff and the bad. I quit tobacco in '96 and almost 10 yrs. later swore off smoke entirely, so I can testify that you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks. Good luck with the move to vapor. I highly recommend it. :tup:

max,

dequelo

Plant Abuser
Thanks for the input Max I just ordered the coil VG to give this a try and will be just vaping as you say and not smoking

thanks for telling about smoking and giving it up , I will be doing just that

I have worked in heavy industry for years (steel mills, foundries, etc.) my lungs have taken a beating and it is time

to give them a break

I stopped smoking joints 8 months ago and just smoke out of glass with a one hit bowl my lungs feel better today

I was smoking 15 to 20 joints a day, cut it way back with the one hitter

saves a lot of weed also :)

all the best and thank you much

Dequelo

dequelo,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I have worked in heavy industry for years (steel mills, foundries, etc.) my lungs have taken a beating and it is time to give them a break

If that's the case I see no reason why you shouldn't switch to vaping.

If you think your conserving bud now with a one hitter, just wait till you see what you can extract from just the littlest amount of bud.

I'd try the Genie first, and dedicate yourself to vapor only (no smoke) for about a week (if it takes that long to convince you). Going 'vapor only' for a while is the best way to really evaluate the fuck combustion lifestyle.

This 100 times. It took me just one hit from a butane lit bowl after a week of vaping to realize that burning plants seems so primitive.

Tweak,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom