Hydraulic press for rosin extraction. Sale going on now

MinnBobber

FYI, there is a good deal on now at Northern Tool for a 10 ton Strongway benchtop press with pressure gauge.
It's a Dake B-10 copy-cat layout. Dake looks great but with shipping it's more like $350.

Strongway model is normally $290 but now $240 and free shipping.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641793_200641793

46269_65x65.jpg

It looks like a much better build vs Harbor Freight presses .

??? 1 year extended warranty is available for $35. Would folks recommend that? It seems like many have issues/failures with their presses, even the premier Dake press....

I like the shorty benchtop profile better than the tall models.

shredder

FYI, there is a good deal on now at Northern Tool for a 10 ton Strongway benchtop press with pressure gauge.
It's a Dake B-10 copy-cat layout. Dake looks great but with shipping it's more like $350.

46269_65x65.jpg

??? 1 year extended warranty is available for $35. Would folks recommend that? It seems like many have issues/failures with their presses, even the premier Dake press....

I would find the price of the hydrolic cylinder before deciding if the warranty is worth it. That's the most likely part to fail.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For comparison's sake, here is the pricing for the hydraulic parts for the Dake B-10 as of last month -

Part Number: 301122 - cylinder
Cost: $86.25 each

Part Number: 301121 - hand pump
Cost: $124.20 each

Part Number: 301120 - gauge
Cost: $50.72 each

MinnBobber

I would find the price of the hydrolic cylinder before deciding if the warranty is worth it. That's the most likely part to fail.
"Somewhere" I prev found the price of the oil pump assembly and that was very reasonable, like $39?, but cannot find that spot again to see about the hydraulic cylinder price.

Hopefully this isn't just hype:
" Polished inner cylinder walls extend the life of the hydraulic seals to minimize abrasion and wear, while the cylinder ram and pistons are also polished and chromed, guided by high performance seals, wear rings and dust seals"

JCat

Accessory Maker

46269_65x65.jpg

Bought the exact same one from Canadian Tire for ~$160 CAD on clearance :)

Been working great!

Top Bottom