Hurricane Florence

stark1

Lonesome Planet
There goes the Neighborhood.

mayusk.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Louisiana Cajun Navy are informal volunteer groups comprised of private boat owners who assist in search and rescue efforts. They were formed in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and reactivated in the aftermaths of the 2016 Louisiana floods and Hurricane Harvey. They are credited with rescuing thousands of citizens during those disasters.

Cory Labat, Vice Admiral for the Louisiana Cajun Navy, said they have up to 200 boats that will be spread throughout North and South Carolina.

According to Labat, if someone needs help, there are two ways his team can help. First is through the Zello App, and the second way is through Facebook. “Basically, our Facebook turns into a 911 emergency during a disaster. We have admins that will read your messaging and let us know what emergencies come in on the page and we respond.”

0815_cajun-1000x713.jpg

These guys will be going to assist with Hurricane Flo on the East Coast. What a great group of volunteers.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
As bad as Flo is going to be, super typhoon Mangkhut with the power of 5E5 Hiroshima bombs
Is about to
slam into northern Philippines....

Winds of 180 mph. Cat 5.

Busy September.

2u9lvrc.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
These stupid people who refuse to leave the area when asked to do so by the authorities then first responders have to risk their lives to save them. What about the folks that have children and risk their lives because the parents refuse to leave? We see how devastating these storms can be. People never learn. Some things can be replaced.

As bad as Flo is going to be, super typhoon Mangkhut with the power of 5E5 Hiroshima bombs
Is about to
slam into northern Philippines....

Winds of 180 mph. Cat 5.

Busy September.

2u9lvrc.jpg
Thats me buddy! Heading straight for me. It should reach me Sunday afternoon in HK. Its being called the biggest typhoon ever. Supermarket was crazy this morning. Ive got my supplies though so Im excited. Monday is a paid day off work if it hangs around.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Paid day off is always good. Best Wishes.

You are probably in a highrise building in HK? If not, be prepared for the storm surge! Get
Out your Mae West, & your inflatable life raft, too! :nod:

Ride out the storm, instead of being swept under. Stay on high ground.

Hope to hear from you, again. After the typhoon. :tup:

Paid day off is always good. Best Wishes.

You are probably in a highrise building in HK? If not, be prepared for the storm surge! Get
Out your Mae West, & your inflatable life raft, too! :nod:

Ride out the storm, instead of being swept under. Stay on high ground.

Hope to hear from you, again. After the typhoon. :tup:
Haha I just got a delivery from my flower man and am in the elevator headed to the 14th floor. Probably won't leave again until Monday. Hope I can get some good photos to post.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Should be good on the 14th floor! Stay dry, my friend!

After the storm, you can probably get aftermat pictures of Mangkhut’s havoc from the rooftop.

Some 500 miles wide, that is ginormous.

“Ompong” left the Phippilines, barreling westwards....

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Good to hear you survived! :tup:

Ground level damage must be extensive. From your height there should be little ( besides a crane
derrick ) debris whipping into the windows.

I imagine you witnessed a strong surge of water below you? After the eye passed.

A few luxury yatchs pummeled together?

Top Bottom