• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Humboldt Vape Tech Sai Atomizer with Titanium Cup

I see info on just about every vape in the world here at FC but there is almost zero in the Sai. Not sure why but they seem to get good reviews elsewhere.

I am wanting to try the Sai Top Flow no (exposed) coil Titanium model they have out.

Does anyone have a 420 discount code for Humboldt? I have a 10% off new user discount but I have not seen anything for 420. I contacted them via their web site and he said he usually posts something on Reddit. WTF is a Reddit. LMAO

Any comments on this vape before I buy it are very welcome.

I have a DT V3 with a ceramic donut that works awesome. I have a quartz cup that works like crap. I don't have anything Ti and this looks like a good bet to complete my trial of all 3 types.

Thanks

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
It works well. I got one shortly after I saw a recommendation by @florduh and I can say its the only LAYG device I can see using long term. The QQ may be a good contender also once they get the 2nd batch or 3rd batch of parts but the Ti bucket is really easy to control. It seems hard to overheat and easy to cool. Vapor starts about 4 or 5 seconds after I hit the button and stops almost as immediately as I let off. Its been a real treat with some rather dirty rosin (I ran out of filters/bags for a week) because unlike coil atomizers, the leftover particulates can be easily cleaned conpletely from the bucket and they don't overheat or combust on a wire/coil. Its also DTFYU. Down to fuck you up!

Another great thing about the Sai TAF is it is pretty much indestructible.

I run it with about 30-40% (maybe 2 holes open) open airflow at bottom and 15-25% (half or a little more of 1 hole) open airflow at top. I have Ni setting on with 24 watts at 320F and I never have a problem with overheating or anything for that matter.

The SAI TAF is solid as fuck in everyway. Customer service and support, product quality, durability, and easy to use. They also ship out fast!

Thanks very much. I am ready to pull the trigger but I know as soon as I do, they will announce a 420 discount.

I have extreme impulse buying disorder and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait. LOL

Thanks again.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I dont see you saving yourself more than another $5 so what are you really waiting for? I spend $5 just to get to work 5 minutes earlier when it counts so its easy for me to justify but how do you justify $5? You could help yourself make a decision by looking up if Humboldt Vapes has done a 420 promotion in the past years. I would search Reddit for that kind of info.

It's not the 5 bux. It's the mental disorder. LOL If I buy it and then it goes on sale 5 minutes later, I'll just die. LMAO

And, yes, they do a 420 discount every year. Should be any second now. LOL

Besides... you live in DC where money has no value. The poli's there steal a thousand times that much in just seconds. LOL I worked with the Pentagon for almost 20 years. Didn't live there but spent a lot of time in Washington. Contrary to what some people say, I think it's an awesome place. Makes me feel.... American, every time I'm there. LOL Very majestic downtown.

Thanks again

Tranquility

It's not the 5 bux. It's the mental disorder. LOL If I buy it and then it goes on sale 5 minutes later, I'll just die. LMAO

Have you ever looked at Myers-Briggs typing? One category is how one orients themselves to the outer world and divides us into P or J. I'm thinking, if you took a test, you'd be a "P". (Trump)

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/judging-or-perceiving.htm?bhcp=1
Perceiving (P)
I use my perceiving function (whether it is Sensing or Intuition) in my outer life. To others, I seem to prefer a flexible and spontaneous way of life, and I like to understand and adapt to the world rather than organize it. Others see me staying open to new experiences and information.

Since this pair only describes what I prefer in the outer world, inside I may feel very planful or decisive (which I am).

Remember, in type language perceiving means "preferring to take in information." It does not mean being "perceptive" in the sense of having quick and accurate perceptions about people and events.

The following statements generally apply to me:
  • I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.
  • I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum.
  • I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
  • I work in bursts of energy.
  • I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
  • Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed.
It might seem like nothing more than general claims that apply to everyone, but take a test and see how the personality type fits in the whole. There's only 16. If simply general truths, all should seemingly apply to you. Yet, I suspect you'll find only one does.

florduh

I'll confirm. The TAF Sai is my daily driver and has (at least temporarily) cured my VAS.

Great clean taste and big 'ol clouds. But the ease of use and cleanup is my favorite aspect. The issue with previous Sai (and similar devices) atomizers was getting all the settings perfect. The resistance would change, there would be burnt hits every now and then.

But with the Ti bucket... all of that isn't necessary. I haven't changed anything but the temperature since getting it. In addition, unlike the Source buckets I've tried, the concentrate has NEVER leaked down onto the heating element.

I'm fairly shocked it's not more popular around here too.

mephisto

@florduh and @nosmoking I have the TAF Sequoia and I am struggling to get the beast to perform. I note your temps and power settings. To compare, I am using Ni, 30w any where from 320 to 420 and all I get is hot metal throat and a tiny wisp of terp vapor. I have tried using pure CBD, junk Co2 oil, and high grade QWETH. I f'n hate this expensive little paperweight! I am driving the Seq with a dual cell Tesla Wye.
The dual coil config for this mod is great, however I am trying to find something to consume extracts or CBD that is not using exposed coils. Any response is much appreciated.

Have a great weekend! No snow on the East Coast, finally a hint of Spring.

mephisto,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

@florduh and @nosmoking I have the TAF Sequoia and I am struggling to get the beast to perform. I note your temps and power settings. To compare, I am using Ni, 30w any where from 320 to 420 and all I get is hot metal throat and a tiny wisp of terp vapor. I have tried using pure CBD, junk Co2 oil, and high grade QWETH. I f'n hate this expensive little paperweight! I am driving the Seq with a dual cell Tesla Wye.
The dual coil config for this mod is great, however I am trying to find something to consume extracts or CBD that is not using exposed coils. Any response is much appreciated.

Have a great weekend! No snow on the East Coast, finally a hint of Spring.

So the Sequoia is a different beast altogether. I didn't get one because the TAF Sai is big enough for me. And, I'm unsure that a bigger donut heated bucket would work as well. Others have run into this problem as well.

But, this is what I've gathered from successful TAF Sequoia users. You need to bump up basically all of your settings to make the bigger bucket work. All of the settings we've listed have been for the smaller TAF Sai.

Try bumping up your watts to 35. And temps from 410-450.

On these types of buckets, the temp on your mod is not accurate. That's the temp for the donut, so you need to overshoot a little to make up for the heat needing to transfer between the donut and the bucket.

Last edited:

mephisto

Thanks! reloading now. Makes perfect sense, looks like I would have been better off with the Sai. Did not realize there was a size difference with the whole mod. Just about cook a silver dollar pancake on the ti top of the Seq.

florduh

Thanks! reloading now. Makes perfect sense, looks like I would have been better off with the Sai. Did not realize there was a size difference with the whole mod. Just about cook a silver dollar pancake on the ti top of the Seq.

Let me know how it goes for sure.

I don't really need a bigger bucket, but maybe it would be easier to load. My concern is that the bucket is just too big to heat properly with a donut, but some people love the TAF Sequoia.

Well, I'll tell you what...... this Sai Top Flow is a total winner. !!!

I took it out last night to my gig. I filled it before I left and it held enough to last more than half the night. I could have put a little more in but when it gets hot and fluid, it can spill.

It is a little heavy in the pocket and it gets darn hot under my use but overall, I can see this being my regular travel vape for rosin.

Awesome job Humboldt. Keep up the good work.

Just curious, is this manufacturer a member here?

biohacker

I picked up one of these recently and am having an identical experience to @mephisto ! Nothing but taste, for small thin hits.... and have wasted nearly .5g of concentrate so far. Not sure what's up, had a similar experience with the Quartz Quest and the Mod is a brand new pico 75w. I was told to use TCR mode? 240 I think, 50w, and i've cranked it all the way to 600. Should I be using the nickel mode that some of you are? I was told not to?

It heats up, I can see it bubbling, and vapour forming...i've closed off the bottom holes, nearly closed off the top flow completely.... not sure what else to do but this thing is on the chopping block!

Much prefer my pen batteries w/ carts! Maybe it's time to research omicron and hercules?

biohacker,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I picked up one of these recently and am having an identical experience to @mephisto ! Nothing but taste, for small thin hits.... and have wasted nearly .5g of concentrate so far. Not sure what's up, had a similar experience with the Quartz Quest and the Mod is a brand new pico 75w. I was told to use TCR mode? 240 I think, 50w, and i've cranked it all the way to 600. Should I be using the nickel mode that some of you are? I was told not to?

It heats up, I can see it bubbling, and vapour forming...i've closed off the bottom holes, nearly closed off the top flow completely.... not sure what else to do but this thing is on the chopping block!

Much prefer my pen batteries w/ carts! Maybe it's time to research omicron and hercules?
Its time to research the Triton. I will hopefully be moving on from the TAF Sai to the Triton this week! G can come off a little over abrasive towards the industry and haters but dont let that put you off. He really stands for a creating healthy vaping devices with top quality materials and build.

I don't see any materials that are necessarily questionable in the TAF Sai (only had about a month and I have not taken it apart), so I am not going to say anything bad about it, but there are some rumors out there that probably should be followed up on if one is going to make this device their daily driver.

biohacker

I dunno man, I checked out the video quickly.... noticed many "terp hits" without visible vapour... not exactly the experience i'm looking for. Should I watch it all?

I just don't understand how i'm not getting the monster clouds like in the youtube vids...at first I thought I was loading too much, but it's not that.... then I thought it was the airflow/holes.... don't think it's that either. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but again....the youtube vids?

biohacker,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I get good clouds but I use Ni TCR mode with 24 watts at around 300F. I find the peak temp the inside of the dish will get with these settings is about 590-600F. I load about 3x what I would dab but I take small-mid sized dabs typically. There should be about 1/2 mm of oil in your cup after first heat up. By the 3rd heat up I have oil at the edges only but it is still quite a bit. By 4th or 5th hit the vapor gets harder to produce and its at this point when I swab clean wasting what little actives are left in the dark oil that remains. Usually one side of the qtip is not enough to clean all of what I leave behind but both ends always seems to be enough to get the Ti dish fresh and clean.

kernal6500

Hum vape tech no good in my opinion. They are not a company they just buy from China then resell. No technology or engineering on there part. I would go with w9tech triton if u are looking for something that will be healthier and an amazing vaping experience. These guys engineer and innovate.

kernal6500,
Reactions: nosmoking

kernal6500

Well, I'll tell you what...... this Sai Top Flow is a total winner. !!!

I took it out last night to my gig. I filled it before I left and it held enough to last more than half the night. I could have put a little more in but when it gets hot and fluid, it can spill.

It is a little heavy in the pocket and it gets darn hot under my use but overall, I can see this being my regular travel vape for rosin.

Awesome job Humboldt. Keep up the good work.

Just curious, is this manufacturer a member here?
They didn’t do anything they just buy from China my friend.

kernal6500,
I don't care if it came from Mars and it's made by elves. It works great.

Obviously you have some beef with this company and are just bashing. No problem bud. Feel free.

Actually, I Like my Motar Quartz better. I don't use metals or ceramic much any more.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

kernal6500

I don't care if it came from Mars and it's made by elves. It works great.

Obviously you have some beef with this company and are just bashing. No problem bud. Feel free.

Actually, I Like my Motar Quartz better. I don't use metals or ceramic much any more.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

If u don’t care about what you are inhaling then keep suckin it, bud.

I have no beef with this company, I just know they have no idea how this product is being produced or whdfe the materials are sourced.

kernal6500,
ROTFLMAO yeah, you're right. I'm going to go buy one of those American made vapes. LMAO Or a good brand name one like... the [unnamed]. Get my Teflon fix.

Suppose you tell us..... where are they sourcing materials vs any other manufacturer. LMAO Cut back on what you're smoking bud. You're getting paranoid.

Top Bottom