Huge Drops in Price...

lwien

So my 9 year old high-end Sony SXRD Rear Projection just bit the dust and I replaced it with a low end 55" Samsung 6290 that I picked up at Best Buy for 549 bucks. It blew the doors off that 2500 dollar Sony that it replaced but what's kinda amazing is that it doesn't seem that long ago when the first flat screens came out by Pioneer and they were priced at 17 grand for a 50 inch. 17,000 dollars and my measly 550 dollar Sammy blows it away.

I've been in the consumer electronics business for over 40 years and went to about that many CES shows but this kinda price drop just kinda boggles my mind.

Any other products out there that you guys just go........"Wow.........that's cheap compared to....."

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I pay less for weed now than I did in 1995. I live in a non legal country but everything else has gone up like cigarettes from $5.50 to $25.00+ per packet. Weed has stayed stable though.

Cars seem relatively cheaper when you consider what comes standard these days. A 1996 WRX sticker price was $41k whereas a 2017 WRX is $44k so I would say that is significantly cheaper.

Even things like digital scales are way cheaper now. Twenty years ago you were a baller if you had some digis but now you can get them for under $20.

Products themselves have never been cheaper overall. Services on the other hand have never cost more.

Top Bottom