How to Vape Cannabis Oil? And Best Portable or Doing It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi_there

As the title states, I have zero experience with vaping cannabis oil. Does it seem to go further than dry herb? What ways can I vape it? And what is the best portable vape for it?

I currently own the Arizer Air, Imag+ and quickdraw 300

hi_there,
Reactions: OF

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've been using an ecig and making shatter juice with puff majic eliquid. So far it has been the most stealth, most portable way to consume. I mix 1gr of shatter into 2ml of the puff majic ejuice. My ecig is a istick 20 watt with a kanger aerotank mini. Works like a dream!

You could get a regular ego battery and ce4 tank (this is lower end budget) and be on your stealth medicating way for cheap, or you can get into glass tanks and rba's and mods (more money).

There is also the w9tech alpha centauri which I am yet to purchase which attaches to the more expensive mods (same device you can use the shatter juice with) and its apparently like a portable nail.

The shatter juice has changed my whole outlook. I use about a gram of shatter every 2 weeks, and use the ecig about 80% of the time. It seems since I started fuck combustion I am finding more and more ways to extend my supply without sacrificing med needs. I use less and less and have been medicating better than ever all day long lol.

hi_there

How do you make shatter (link me somewhere?) - Can I use a e-cigg that has the cotton in it? Does shatter and oil vaporize at different temps?

hi_there,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
You cheapest, easiest way would be rosin if you can't get shatter from a caregiver. Otherwise you have to invest in a lot more "tools" to make bho, not to mention dangers involved.

I've also used reclaim from my crafty cooling chamber and it actually turned out well, but you have to filter all the solids out with a fine screen like 50 or 25 micron.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rosin-technique-easy-diy-solventless.17470/

Also check out the concentrate forum, lots of great info to be found there.

I'm not sure on the vaporizing temp differences between shatter and hash oil, I think they would be similar?

Have fun with it!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
If it's oil you can mix that with ejmix or puff majic then fill up an ecig tank. Gotta warm the mixture up per the instructions to get the oil completely infused into the eliquid.

I use 2ml puff majic with 1gr concentrate.

OF

As the title states, I have zero experience with vaping cannabis oil. Does it seem to go further than dry herb? What ways can I vape it? And what is the best portable vape for it?

I currently own the Arizer Air, Imag+ and quickdraw 300

You've got several choices. One is to dissolve it in 'juice' (same as e-cigs and fog machines use), typically PG or Vegetable Glycerine or a mix of the two. There's some excellent information on this from an old post (on Grass City?) by no less an authority than "G", owner of Delta 9 and 'inventor' of the Omicron cart. I can't really recommend this approach, IMO no need for the extra junk, it does cause problems and is not necessary.

Gary published his 'secrets' for dissolving oil in 'juice' because the Omicron cart was so much better. It holds up to a gram of oil/wax and has two heaters, one to melt and feed the concentrate the other to make vapor. Excellent system if your concentrate passes 'the foil test', you might check that out.

Then we have 'vape pens', like the Omicron cart, but ones you load a bit at a time (enough for several hits). D9's "KISS" system is an example, as is:
http://www.vaporbrothers.com/vb11/index.html

You can also use cotton to run it in your Air. Discussions of that in both the Air and Solo threads.

Serious guys use 'nails' and similar to do 'dabs', generally a LOT (like .1 or .2 grams) at a time, not my sort of thing.

Yes, concentrate is concentrated. Six times more potent is probably a good estimate? It 'goes much further' than the best bud.

OF

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
The issue with vaporizing cannabis concentrates seems to be the consistency of them.

Once heat is applied to them the highest quality ones, without any plant material, it will inevitably begin to melt completely to a liquid. This causes it to potentially melt down inside your unit. Some people put a bed of herb underneath to ensure this doesn't happen.

One additional issue is the temperature. Since concentrates typically vaporize on a titanium nail anywhere from 600-800 F, no vaporizer really offers this heat level. You won't be able to get the same effects you get when dabbing for example.

I compare using concentrates in a vaporizer vs on a titanium nail to something like a joint vs a bong in terms of effects where the vaporizer is the joint and the nail is the bong.

mikek9,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
I compare using concentrates in a vaporizer vs on a titanium nail to something like a joint vs a bong in terms of effects where the vaporizer is the joint and the nail is the bong.

Is that due to the size of the hit?

When I see someone take a big DAB hit from a nail, there is a lot of coughing, a lot like a giant bong hit. Once they recover from the lack of oxygen, I wonder just how much actual THC was absorbed in that one hit (vs what looks like oxygen deprivation followed by hyper-ventilation). Seems like a lot of product is consumed "all at once", and a lot is wasted, making me wonder if it's really efficient.

That same DAB, put into my Haze, generates a cool and easy to hit vapor, about 10 hits that can be shared with others, and zero coughing. It seems like I can get 2-3 ppl quite toasty on a single dab (actually, a smaller dab than what they usually do on a nail).

Very interested in the Puff Majic ejuice mixer. I would much rather use the Haze's eliquid pads than just dropping bits of shatter in one of the covered cans (it can dribble out and create a mess). My hope would be to have enough of the infused ejuice loaded to go all day with a single can.

Solomon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom