How to vape 1st time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
I decided to give my lungs a break from smoking bud and after reading here vaping looks like the way to go. I do have a couple of questions before I start. I ordered a Flowermate 5.0s and it will arrive today. Is there anything I need to do to get it ready for use besides charging the battery? Also my bud is fresh and not real dry, is this going to be a problem? When I blaze some bud I get the munchies like crazy, will vaping do the same? That's all I can think of now, thanks for any answers, suggestions or comments. I'm looking for a new sensation, hope this is it.

max

Out to lunch
my bud is fresh and not real dry, is this going to be a problem?
Water content always vaporizes first, so fresh bud will give you mostly taste at first (depending on the temp you're using) until the moisture is removed.
When I blaze some bud I get the munchies like crazy, will vaping do the same?
It varies with the individual. There's nothing about smoke that's 'special', with the munchies. In fact, when you smoke you're actually getting vapor with every hit, since burning mj vaporizes the herb before it combusts.
I'm looking for a new sensation, hope this is it.
If you want to really experience the vapor high, quit smoking (vaporize only) for about a week. You'll get past the feeling that something is missing from your high (sedative compounds that are smoke byproducts only) and you may find yourself hooked on vaping. You'll save some $ and your lungs will thank you.

Rab

Vaping is also completely different for everyone, so you can't always use another persons method into your own use/expectations so to speak.

I.e a hit for george will consist of breathing in at a low temperature or taking in a small hit and holding it in so that very little vapor comes out, and it does not irritate his lungs.

While Jimmy likes to take a massive rip to the face and try not to cough his guts out

You might already know that the slower you draw in the stronger/hotter the hit will be so don't take temperatures to exact measures unless the vape has a fixed draw speed. Some people prefer the lower temps, others prefer the full spectrum of effects at higher temps. I personally don't see a great deal of difference, but I like to vape my bud till it is completely spent every time, so I probably mostly experience the full end of things

Flowermate doesn't look like too bad a choice for your first vape as others can definitely have sort of a learning curve, this one looks pretty efficient and simple. It is made in china which can sometimes be a bit of a dealbreaker but this one seems to have built up a decent enough reputation to exemplify it from this. I haven't heard any bad words on it yet.

I hope you enjoy vaping. I completely made the switch a few years ago.. I don't really see the point in smoking anymore, vaping is stronger and way more efficient. The only thing I really do enjoy now and again is a nice big bong, to knock me on my face.. It has been a while though.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Wow, all above posts have really good info in them for a 1st timer. :clap:

Would like to add for you to prepare for your lungs to start cleaning themselves out. (AKA, Coughing & coughing chunks)... don't let this negatively impact your perception of vaping. It's part of the normal transition..

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Nice one on taking the plunge. :clap:

You are in the right place, for sure. Unfortunately I have never used a Flowermate so can't offer any help there.

I will say though I had to try a few different vapes before I found the 'right' one for me.

Stay hydrated, vaping drys your mouth and throat a lot, be prepared for that.

Good luck on your quest.

virtualpurple

@Hubs88 Congratulations man! You're doing your body a great service by Fucking Combustion!

I have a great deal of experience with the Flowermate Vaporizers. I own two 5.0, four 5.0s vapes (I intended for them to be gifts, but have not yet followed through), two 8.0s (I don't recommend this model, although I believe @KeroZen has successfully modified his into a log-style vape. This model was a good learning experience for Flowermate and they came back strong), a 5.0 Pro and a 5.0s mini.

Needless to say, I highly recommend these vapes. If you are interested in using it with water you could find a silicone mouthpiece on ebay or look to our resident craftsmen (@Ratchett and @Ed's TnT) for their various adapters. Ratchett has a 18mm/14mm silicone reducer and a nearly-universal silicone adapter while Ed makes a great 14mm wood stem.

I think you will get alot of good miles from your 5.0s. It is built like a tank, has great battery life, and is pretty efficient with your material. And they're pretty budget friendly so if you don't have a warranty you can always pick up a new one or upgrade to the Pro at an affordable price!

To clearify, you'll save money on bud consumption.

But if ur like me and many others you'll be spending a bunch of money on vapes and accessories lol. Aka look out for VAS!!!! (Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome):cool: haha

I thought it was a myth...I thought I'd be set with my Ascent...then I bought a backup vape plus one for my girlfriend, and then it just exploded from there.

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
To clearify, you'll save money on bud consumption.

But if ur like me and many others you'll be spending a bunch of money on vapes and accessories lol. Aka look out for VAS!!!! (Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome):cool: haha

It has already started. I bought a second, better quality grinder and ordered a FM mini just because I want one. Got a feeling this is only the start, I like new toys. :lol:

max

Out to lunch
Is there anything I need to do to get it ready for use besides charging the battery?
It's been said, but I'll say it again. Always do a burn in on any vape you buy.
Also my bud is fresh and not real dry, is this going to be a problem?
Never a problem, just takes a bit longer to vape fresh since the H20 content has to vape first.

Enjoy the FM. It's a simple, easy to maintain model with lots of vaping time on a charge. I would highly recommend swapping out the very durable but very fine mesh screen in the mouthpiece with a standard stainless steel 3/8" screen. You can get a pack of 'em cheap on eBay and it's a lot easier to keep unclogged between 'take apart cleanings', by just brushing the herb off the screen. It'll also provide hits that are a little less restrictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom