Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by Gixxerpit, Oct 31, 2012.
This is how I purge my oil without a vacuum. Please like the vid if it helps ya.
hey man welcome to FC
nice lil vid you put together for us man
what was that last song btw?? "all i know..."
Big Sean feat. Wiz Khalifa - All I Know
yes sir that was it thanks
WELCOME!!!! FC is the place!
I respectfully disagree with some of your information...
but the one thing i really wanna point out is IMO it would not be a good idea to recommend PVC pipe... the plastics will leach into your oil... IMO i would recommend Borsillicate or Stainless Steel for your best choices... everything else is a gamble unless you have info that the material is "Solvent Resistant" at bare minimum, "butane resistant" specifically.
Are there any other open discussions about purging here on FC?
Specifically vacuum-less purging of BHO...
IF NOT this is a great time to discuss it in further detail
ive been itching to discuss the topic in great length myself as of late...
and i will be doing some more runs in the near future as well!
Ya i noticed him mention pvc, meant to say something also..... hmmm musta had some short term memory impairment I dont get why anyone would use pvc when you can get a preassembled statinless turkey baster for less then 5$. I was wondering. Too about all the whipping and stirring that was done for the purge. With a small run like this it may not be as much of a concern but with a larger run. Wont all the stirring just trap more air into the oil giving you a product that will lose potency quicker from oxidation?
well, the only concern about the whipping ive had in my own kitchen was that i dont honestly think any amount of whipping can purge butane entirely... i have spent the most time working on purging w/o vacuum... i have found a few questions and answered some others... the one thing i can say for sure is that i have had the MOST success with Everclear "wash"...
Typical run for me:
1. whole nug snipped just small enough to fit into SSTB (10g typically fits the best)
2. 2 ply natural brown coffee filters just big enough to go around the hole and the outside lip.
SS screen goes over to prevent blowout, fixed with SS hose clamp.
3. Small SS bane marie for a catch pan for my BHO sits at room temp.
4. Run half a can of Lucienne 300ml through the baster, or at least until the solvent coming out the bottom no longer has any "TACK" to it (means the butane out the bottom isnt sticky anymore)
you will have to stick your finger in the stream... (yea i said it... stick that finger in the stream!!!)
5. when the stream loses tack fill a pan with what was boiling water and i start dipping the pan in it until the oil is thick and reduced of 99% of butane. ( next run i am replacing the water with a candle warmer)
6. after most of the butane is gone from that i add just enough Everclear to turn it back into a liquid and thin it out. when this is done i often notice that there is an "oil slick" (like what you see on a body of water that has "petroleum" in it. or like a puddle in a parking lot) now its not a lot but i've noticed that if the Everclear is reduced before that disappears then it tastes like it has solvent in it. If the "oil slick" disappears before the Everclear is reduced out then it tastes great.... clean and clear...
To dissipate the oil slick it has worked best to leave the "wash" in the SS pan that way there is not enough surface area to evaporate quickly. this is left on low heat until the oil slick is gone.
7. Once the Slick is gone then i just pour it onto my evaporation plate and set that over a what was boiling pot of water and evaporate all of the Everclear.
8. once all of the everclear is gone you can leave it in its amber state (which is what u get when all the Everclear is gone) or you can then do the stirring and whip it some... i dont think that a small amount is going to oxidize too much in the time i use it so i like to turn mine into hard wax. I find that it often smells like the botanical where as the oil often does not... so because of that i do a "WAX JOB" that i wont go into detail about at this point...
I dont know that i would really ever do a big run cause it doesnt seem cost effective for me personally but, if i were a big batch fellow... i would prolly move to a far more sophisticated method of extraction and purging... like a Tami and a vacuum! LMAO.
It took a long time to write this cause i kept getting interrupted so if it doesnt make sense then sorry, ill do better next time boss!
Separate names with a comma.