• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How to prevent cotton mouth?

ou812?

I know it sounds crazy but I found the opposite to be true,I dont get dry mouth when I vape..No longer combusting, but when I did,the dry mouth was like I was spitting cotton bales.The biotene gum(not much of a gum chewer,but that stuff was amazing) works very well,the mouth wash does too and the combination of all 3, the toothpaste,mouth wash and gum eliminated it all for me while I was burning,since I do not burn anymore, I dont get it. Also as most remarked, stay hydrated..dont do as Mr Dos Eqis does and stay thirsty my friends, stay baked and hydrated my friends:leaf:

ou812?,

GenYHippie

Hmmm a problem at the top of my min right now. Just tried to eat a mint and lost half a molar :(. Not vapes fault years of nausea/vomiting did that but dry mouth isnt helping the state of my teeth either

GenYHippie

Im on a mission to mix up a DIY mouth spray. It seem 35% glycerin is standard past that they are usually xylitol, water, flavoring, and preservative.

Shouldnt be too hard to mix up. Im thinking distilled, water 35 - 40% glycerine, peppermint extract, maybe a splash of aloe juice, and skip on the preservative an just keep it in the fridge when im not using it.

ETA: Sorry i forgot to merge earlier my bad. Anyway now that ive read the thread if you cant get fresh from the coconut i like (in order of preferance) C20, Amy & Brians Plain or with chunks, Coco Life, Zico Plain. For Flavored nothing beats Zico Chocolate :). I have tried several 99 cent store or Latino Market off brands that were decent as well. Can you tell i go through alot of this stuff?

Last edited:

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
I tend to get it from combusting more and mainly from sativas.

It doesn't really last more than 10 minutes I just sip water. I get it more if dehydrated.

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Was riding my bike with my sister, I took a sip of her water(which she adds a slice of lemon into) and after 1 sip my mouth was moistened, while I usually have to swish with my regular water and then take another sip and it usually is still sort of dry.

Wizsteve

anise root you can use to make tea or a extract its a old remedy for thirst and so it works for dry mouth for hours after drinking it.

SweetCicelyRosette.Roots.gif

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
One thing I didn't see mentioned is that excessive dry mouth can be an indication of other health issues. If the symptoms of cottonmouth are persistent, it might be something to discuss with a doctor, and not just try and cover up.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Dry mouth is a sign of dehydration. Consuming stuff dehydrate us because we need water to process it. Drink more, always have a glass of water nearby your hands.

Pure water is the only thing that truly hydrates you.

SunnyHours

Actually, syrupy is right, it could be a problem with your thyroid or something else as well. Sweating or Salivating in excess/insufficiently might be a sign of a health issue.

SunnyHours,

grokit

well-worn member
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the old backpacking trick, just put a rock in your mouth.
Seriously, a small pebble, smooth and clean from a stream is best, can be kept under one's tongue to stimulate saliva production (just don't swallow it, it's easy I've done it for hours).
I'm pretty sure that one can have dry mouth even when they are properly hydrated, because as @syrupy mentioned it's all about saliva which can be affected by other things.

Xlear-Spry-Gum-Cinnamon-700596000148.jpg

As far as chewing gum goes, I find this to be unparalleled.
It has a healthy sweetener in it, and this particular flavor lasts a while.

Personally I just eat Klondike ice cream bars shortly after
Okay that's it now it's time for a cone!
:smug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom