how to market a vape

gettin lifted

psychonaut
so last night i was vaping some herbs and looking at different vapes and reviews and i thought why doesnt someone take the best of all the different kinds of vapes and make it into the ultimate vape. i started sketching some designs and writing notes down for what i would like to see in a vape.

i really think i can construct one and if all else turned out right and it was marketable i would love to do that.

i have a little bit of experience with chinese box vapes. ive fixed two of them for friends.

i realize it can be complicated developing a new vape even though they are pretty basic electrical devices. but i figure why not give it a go and if it didnt work out well at least i had fun with it.

my father rebuilds firearms and buys blocks of nice wood and cuts and sands it down to custom fit it to replace rare 100+ year old rifles. i could basically get whatever type of wood i wanted from my dad's wood supplier. im sure i could even convince him to send me a block of wood as test piece to see how that works out. im still not set on the wood vaporizer though although that would be the easiest to work with. (we're talking about taking a 2x2 foot block of wood and cutting/grinding/sanding it down to be a perfect match for a gun stock. thats pretty damn impressive and i would hope its a like father like son skill) whats the safest wood to use in a vape? also could i stain the wood? i have a gunshop nearby that has like 100+ different shades of wood stains.

i have a friend that blows glass for our local headshops. i could enlist him in creating some glass for me for my prototype and one of these days he said hes going to teach me how to blow my own glass.

my questions to you guys and gals is if i did actually come up with a nice vape how would you go by marketing it and having it certified for health/safety. (i.e. clean vapor path)

is this required? would think it would be for a US company but would like to know.

basically what i want to know is what are the steps to prepare a vaporizer for the market.

i really think i can pull this off and i dont want to give my ideas away but i think others would appreciate the direction im aiming for.

thanks guys and gals.

p.s. dont think im making a pd knockoff or something. im not gonna be like that guy on ebay selling "better days". that guy should be ashamed.

gettin lifted,

Purple-Days

Gettin Lifted, good luck.

Fixing box vapes is a start. But, that might have consisted of a bit of soldering wires back in place... that's a start. :)

A basic understanding of very basic electricity is a bit of knowledge you might want, if you don't already have it. Radio Shack used to sell very thin booklets on Basic Electronics. It might come in handy to know the basics when someone asks a question. Beyond that booklet the library (or nowdays the internet) can get you any answers.

You might need some basic woodworking skills too. If Dad can't find the time, local High Schools or Vocational Schools might offer some beginner woodworking courses at night. Getting a good foundation in shop safety is important. Wood choice, milling and finishing should all be covered in a short class.

Glass blowing can be easy or very complicated. Depending on what you need, you might want to learn it. The tools aren't outta sight expensive.

The Small Business Administration has lots of resources including retired businessmen who can advise new businesses. These folks can answer lots of question you didn't know to ask... might beat the lawyer route (for starters).

Purple-Days,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
Purple-Days said:
Gettin Lifted, good luck.

Fixing box vapes is a start. But, that might have consisted of a bit of soldering wires back in place... that's a start. :)

A basic understanding of very basic electricity is a bit of knowledge you might want, if you don't already have it. Radio Shack used to sell very thin booklets on Basic Electronics. It might come in handy to know the basics when someone asks a question. Beyond that booklet the library (or nowdays the internet) can get you any answers.

You might need some basic woodworking skills too. If Dad can't find the time, local High Schools or Vocational Schools might offer some beginner woodworking courses at night. Getting a good foundation in shop safety is important. Wood choice, milling and finishing should all be covered in a short class.

Glass blowing can be easy or very complicated. Depending on what you need, you might want to learn it. The tools aren't outta sight expensive.

The Small Business Administration has lots of resources including retired businessmen who can advise new businesses. These folks can answer lots of question you didn't know to ask... might beat the lawyer route (for starters).

big fan of your vape and am hoping to add one to my collection shortly. :D

i do have basic electrical knowledge but am always looking to learn more.

i did have shop class in highschool and did quite well at it. however this wasn't much more then building dog houses and etc.

i will have to look into a wood working class.

luckily for me my parents do not live to far and i will be spending some time with them durring the holiday. my dad is always working on new projects and i may be able to get some hands on experience this weekend.

he'll be proud im doing something with my hands and i know he will support me on really giving this vape making a shot.

IMO my friend is one of the best glass blowers around. a lot of his work goes for 100-200 range and there is even a piece that he made for sale for 500 at one of the local shops. he's offered before to teach me how to do it and is always working on something when i come over to visit. i'll call him and see if i can start learning sometime soon. i've been interested in it for a bit and would be some nice knowledge to know regardless of me trying to make my own vape or not.

if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to perfect the purple days?

would also like to say its very nice of you to be so involved in the vape community and FC. it's always great to see the dedication level of the inventor of a great product who truely stands by his/her product and really cares about their customer base.

i'll look into woodworking, electric, and glass blowing more.

thank you very much for your input. its a small step down the right path.

best wishes.

-Dan

gettin lifted,
Top Bottom