How to: Low Temp Dabs On Quartz Nails -OR- "Whats Your Style?"

farscaper

I dont think it needs to be expensive though... I got one with a 10mm ti nail and a silicone cup for 40 bucks... my only complaint is that the cap wont fit all 3 only 14 and 10. but no biggie.

farscaper

Wait... you use a silicone carb cap?
fuck no! my carb cap is ss... or ti... not sure... from titanowl.

it came with a silicone storage container.

I know you were horrified thinking I was one of those dumbasses sucking dabs off slickpads and using silicone caps.

I was horrified when I realized thats how it sounded...

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Ok now you have me worried...you've seen the pics of how I evap/purge...it all stays on the oil slick pad. I don't take it off as I didn't see the point...I can scoop a dab off the slick pad and in...is there something there that I don't or should know about?

CrazyDiamond,
Reactions: farscaper

farscaper

Ok now you have me worried...you've seen the pics of how I evap/purge...it all stays on the oil slick pad. I don't take it off as I didn't see the point...I can scoop a dab off the slick pad and in...is there something there that I don't or should know about?
thats alot diffrent then guys using them as a direct carb cap. I also question the hot nectar collector on slick pads.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
ROFL... reminds me of an Amazon review that I saw for some silicone tipped concentrate tools.

mlkN4w3d1_hjaLtxfRxCEFA.jpg

Now, obviously the product is meant to handle concentrates and to get them into pen style vapes... yet this genius complains in his review that the tool gives an "off taste" when he dabs with it on a nail. :lol:

Cliffs Notes: silicone melts at around 500 to 600°F.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Ok cool...ya I'm not that much of newbie...I knew not to pick the dab with a silicone tool straight to the nail...heh, the thought never even crossed my mind because I thought the tips would melt off (I didn't know the temp thresholds at the time of silicone), lol. After I found out from you, @2clicker , and @DieHard (and of course when you tagged the oil slick guy on my instagram) that it was safe to evap/purge qwiso/qwet directly on to eliminate razor blades.

CrazyDiamond,
Reactions: farscaper

farscaper

Ok cool...ya I'm not that much of newbie...I knew not to pick the dab with a silicone tool straight to the nail...heh, the thought never even crossed my mind because I thought the tips would melt off (I didn't know the temp thresholds at the time of silicone), lol. After I found out from you, @2clicker , and @DieHard (and of course when you tagged the oil slick guy on my instagram) that it was safe to evap/purge qwiso/qwet directly on to eliminate razor blades.
yup you are totally in the clear with using in the way you do...

I see professional like xtracted. using the innerwoven silicone mats to purge bho muffins on in their vac ovens.

but flash heat from say a nail trying to use a silicone container as a cab cap is totally possible.... and stupid.. and gross. lol

Caligula

Maximus

Fulvic

When it comes to low temp dabs and convenience at home, I can't get away from my VapeXNail. I bought an extra set so I can always have three .04 dabs dosed out and ready to go, with a clean nail to spare. I even have it on a timer so it's always pre-heated when I get home from class/work.

TBH I thought it was a gimmick at first, but the efficiency really does help conserve.

Caligula

Maximus
Good points! The VXN is practically cheating compared to manually heating a nail with a torch. It's a sweet product though! However, as someone who doesn't own an EVO let alone a VXN, the entry price is somewhat prohibitive compared to a standard digital enail.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Damn Big C you weren't kidding about that story...people like that give us a bad image...not only was he a dumb-ass for trying to take a dab like that, then he goes and further shows his stupidity to an entire planet! End:rant:

herbivore21

Holy fuck, people dabbing off silicone tools. Yikes!!!

I am dabbing with a worked boro dabber onto a Highly Educated V3 ti gr2 nail. Got rid of my quartz a little while back, because I love the dome on my oil rig so much it pains me to leave it aside.

I love the taste of quartz though and completely understand why all of you would use it ;)

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I use both quartz and Ti...I like variety, lol. I have the quartz and LSV WPA for carb cap, HE InfiniTi with HE Ti carb cap, and an old little castle Ti nail of which I have several domes to use; so I get a lot of different types of "hits" and tastes...yup, when I got back into this, I've gone full bore and I can't stop!

lazylathe

Almost there...
So you dab @ 302 Degrees Celsius?
WOW!! That is low, or so it seems.
Must go and try right now with some Holy Grail shatter!
Going to set up my digital E-Nail right at 302 and see what happens!
Unfortunately my hand is the carb for the moment...

Will report back soon!

Caligula

Maximus
So you dab @ 302 Degrees Celsius?
WOW!! That is low, or so it seems.
Must go and try right now with some Holy Grail shatter!
Going to set up my digital E-Nail right at 302 and see what happens!
Unfortunately my hand is the carb for the moment...

Will report back soon!

Anything under 316°C actually. Keep in mind this is for clean(ish) quartz nails. Also remember, a proper carb is key here. Interested to hear your results though. Are you using Ti?

ocbubble

It's been a bit since I've made a video. For this attempt, I actually did a little editing as well as adding a running commentary. In this addition to my video library, I take a closer look at how I go about doing a proper "low temp" dab on my Kings Quartz domeless quartz nail.

Obviously, I'm not saying that my way is the only way (or even the best way), but it works for me and the equipment I'm currently using. As always, your results may vary.

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to post up. I'm also glad to entertain criticisms since it takes steel to sharpen steel. I am always looking to further perfect my technique!

Furthermore, if you have tips or a style of your own that you'd like to share, please do! I don't want this to be a one off post/thread.

...oh, and always I recorded inglourious 1080P HD, so turn that resolution up!

Mahalo

-C

I've seen a lot of your videos lately on multiple threads. Just wanna say thanks for your contribution.

ocbubble

@Caligula When using the infrared thermo gun on the quartz nail, I have a difficult time getting an accurate temperature reading because the nail is see through. Do you have the same problem? Or does the residue buildup serve as a black backdrop.

ocbubble,
Top Bottom