How to judge a vaporizer?

DoctorSleep

I'm new to this world, and was wondering, what exactly should I take under consideration when buying vaporizer, lets say portable? Battery life is pretty obvious, but what else? Can the quality of vape be any different between various models? Durability? What can make you spend extra 100 euros on vaporizer?

Last edited:
DoctorSleep,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Well you can't really "Judge" a vaporizer by it's specs. Pretty much every spec is wildly inflated for marketing purposes. Just like you can't judge a book by it's cover. I learned that lesson the hard way when I skipped over an ugly looking, better vaporizer in favor of one that looked "futuristic" and cool - I spent an extra $100 and didn't get $100 extra in performance.

Many people try going for the "all glass" vapor path to ensure the highest quality flavor, but there are many other characteristics that go into a well performing vaporizer.

If you're in the market for a vape, spend a few days reviewing the "what vape should I buy" threads that pop up every week on this site. If you read long enough, you'll see the ultimate beginner's portable vape right now is the Arizer solo - go look at how big that thread is under the portable vape section (try sorting by replies) - it's massive compared to any other thread in that section.

There are plenty of portable vaporizers on the market, and new ones added every day. The important thing to keep in mind is to not believe the hype, and do a bunch of research before making a purchase. Also, right now, there is NO vaporizer that can effectively vaporizer dry herbs which looks like a traditional e-cig. There are some stealthy vapes on the market, but any vape that claims it can do raw herbs and looks like an E-cig (Atmos Raw :rolleyes:) - is most likely full of shit.

And if it's a legitimate vaporizer, there will almost definitely be a thread or a thread candidate already open and a discussion about it. I usually go to the official thread and read up on it here before making any decisions about a vape purchase.

Delta3DStudios,

DoctorSleep

Right now I'm trying to choose between Arizer Solo you just mentioned, and Crafty which has godlike status everywhere I look. And thats where my question came from: why should I spent this extra money on this and not on that.

max

Out to lunch
Can the quality of vape be any different between various models?
If you mean the quality of vapor, no. Vapor is vapor. No particular model can boost vapor quality. What can vary from model to model are things like precision of temp control, efficiency in delivering the vapor, etc.
What can make you spend extra 100 euros on vaporizer?
For me that would depend on the price you're adding the 100 euros to. In the portable category I might consider adding 100 to a 50 purchase, or possibly even a 100, but there's no way I'd pay the price for a Crafty. I've used quite a few portables over the years, and currently I'm satisfied with a Flowermate that was well under $100. Would I prefer a Crafty instead? Sure. Would I be satisfied with the upgrade for the huge increase in money spent. No.
Right now I'm trying to choose between Arizer Solo you just mentioned, and Crafty which has godlike status everywhere I look.
The Crafty is a pocket vape and the Solo isn't. Aside from the price difference (which would obviously rule out the Crafty for me), you should make your purchase on the basis of how you'll use the unit, not on name recognition. The Solo is more of a hybrid vape- half home unit, half portable. For vaping on the go, there are better choices. If you don't need a pocket vape, the Solo is a great choice. If you do, the Crafty is the better choice. For a first vape buy though, I'd recommend the Flowermate, currently available for $85 from puffitup.com, less than 20% of the cost of the Crafty.

Top Bottom